Sign in to follow this  
Nightstalker

Dwarven "Fury" Siege Tank 2.0

Been ages since I posted something here, but this one just had to be added.

I never thought this day would come. I really thought 2020 would take this from me, but jokes on it! My last order got in on December 24th!

So, let's get this one started!

dsc01764.jpg

Back in 2013, I made this bad boy. It's the Dwarven "Fury" Siege Tank for my dwarf army. Well, I kept it for a long time. I always had plans to revisit this MOC because, well... it really sucks. I mean, it's open top, the mechanics are really bad, and overall never quite matched my ideal siege tank. So, I decided to go back to my initial inspiration:

s-l400.jpg

Grabbing this picture and a better idea of how to proceed, I darted off to Stud.io, and slaved away to bring you...

50772383446_d446f52963_z.jpg

The Dwarven "Fury" Siege Tank 2.0
Bigger, badder, and just overall more pleasing to me, I'm quite proud of this one.

50771635653_f62accc41f_z.jpg

Compared to 1.0, this version features a much better system for fuel generation. It's easily accessible, and allows for additional tools to be stored. The only downside, as with all of the dwarven artillery, the tank has its inherent flaws. While refueling is easy, it also creates a HUGE weak spot to be exploited.

50771635623_fc4ffbfeae_z.jpg

Correct faction colors have also been added! The army of Faermoore is dark red and red, not blue and gold. Though the cannon is smaller, the overall turret is just a massive upgrade. I even added a spyglass and a cloth roll for a little bit of details. A hatch was also added for easy access.

50772499757_4339f60e38_z.jpg

The front is no longer a terrible ram, but rather a sloped, spiked, front plate. The grills are windows, allowing the driver to see outside. As for the two red 1x3 plates, let's just say some decals are intended to go there.

50772383391_40d01d7423_z.jpg

OH! And MOC'ing features have also been added! Steam can come from the steam tank and the cannon can actually be shown shooting. Additionally, trans-clear pieces can be added to show ammo flying across the field. So that's another bonus!

50772499732_2f05b89f85_z.jpg

Following my earlier system of 3-5-7 (three heavy, five medium, and seven light), three of these tanks were made to further the war effort.
And that's all for now! Just happy to have crossed this off of my "To-Do" List for 2020.

Hope you all enjoyed!

As always,
C&C is welcome and appreciated!

- Nick

Neat - looks halfway between castle and steampunk.  The picture of the cannon firing is well done - NPU with the red bush.