LateralusArt

Websites where You can buy MOCs with all bricks in one place

Hi, like many people I am interested in building MOCs but I don't have the experience or the time to buy all the parts myself from many stores on Bricklink. I am looking for websites and people who sell manuals for MOCs with all the necessary elements. So far I have found two such sites:

www.jb-spielwaren.de
www.brickmoon.de

Do you know any other place or people where you can find more MOCs with blocks?

I especially care about big UCS/MBS models like Sandcrawler, ISD, AT-AT, SSD, Tantive, Imperial Shuttle etc. Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, LateralusArt said:

Hi, like many people I am interested in building MOCs but I don't have the experience or the time to buy all the parts myself from many stores on Bricklink. I am looking for websites and people who sell manuals for MOCs with all the necessary elements. So far I have found two such sites:

www.jb-spielwaren.de
www.brickmoon.de

Do you know any other place or people where you can find more MOCs with blocks?

I especially care about big UCS/MBS models like Sandcrawler, ISD, AT-AT, SSD, Tantive, Imperial Shuttle etc. Thanks for your help!

If funds are not an issue using sites like the ones you mention definitely simplify the process... especially for some of the models that you mention (parts availability). But if you are worried about time searching on Bricklink you can always use the quick buy feature which does the searches for you when you upload the part list to you wanted items. I Have never looked at the websites you mentioned until today, definitely nice to have everything in one package but of you pay a premium for that service. Best of luck, hope you find something that best suits your situation.

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I can recommend a website called BuildaMOC - not least as I have some models for sale there! :innocent2: 

In all seriousness it's a great site and they have a massive range of models: BuildaMOC - Custom LEGO models

Wow, good website

So it's selling instructions AND bricks to build the MOC like brickmoon ?

if so, it is so much convenient compared to buying the instructions and the hassle to find parts on BL :)

3 hours ago, macaron35 said:

So it's selling instructions AND bricks to build the MOC like brickmoon ?

if so, it is so much convenient compared to buying the instructions and the hassle to find parts on BL :)

Yup, I thought the same which is why I started putting some of my models up there. I've found the prices to be pretty reasonable as well, depending on what you want of course.

On one hand you have those who provide legit parts but are way out of price (because gathering parts costs, and MOCs are never optimized for cost), but you're probably better finding the shop that has all parts, from the Studio app, and order from it - not the cheapest way to order parts but still cheaper.

On the other hand you have the chinese who are by far the cheapest & easiest option, but of course they steal MOCs (you can still buy the instructions if you feel guilty) and while these days clone parts are mostly good, they will not care and you'll always be missing parts.

I don't think there's a future for easily buying MOCs in a legit way with real LEGO parts, purely for costs reasons. I think it will have to go for clone parts, but through someone serious who does quality control (& goes for genuine Lego where clones suck).

Even if LEGO hadn't cancelled what the LDD was for (ordering your MOC from within the app), it would still limit MOCs to parts currently in production, filtering out most of MOC's I guess. Still, it would be nice to be able to easily order say 80% of a MOC's parts through LEGO.

8 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I've found the prices to be pretty reasonable as well, depending on what you want of course.

Looks like the double of what real LEGO sets would cost, which ok still isn't that bad, and I understand where the costs come from. But combine that with MOCs never optimized for costs, if most of them are above 1000eur, it limits the market even more, & thus will keep prices high.
It think it can only remain a niche, when you consider that china can produce them for at least 8x cheaper, one has to be a *real* fan of LEGO & the MOC itself to consider it.

6 hours ago, anothergol said:

Looks like the double of what real LEGO sets would cost, which ok still isn't that bad, and I understand where the costs come from. But combine that with MOCs never optimized for costs, if most of them are above 1000eur, it limits the market even more, & thus will keep prices high.
It think it can only remain a niche, when you consider that china can produce them for at least 8x cheaper, one has to be a *real* fan of LEGO & the MOC itself to consider it.

Yes, I should've specified relative to some other MOC sites I've seen! When it comes to buying 'pre-prepared' MOCs instead of just instructions you are essentially paying for a service as well as the work of the designer, and since they're rarely sold in the numbers that official LEGO sets are they will usually come at a premium. As you said, it's very much a niche market.

14 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Yup, I thought the same which is why I started putting some of my models up there. I've found the prices to be pretty reasonable as well, depending on what you want of course.

finding bricks on BL at a good price is a sport itself or a part time job

and ordering hundreds of references on lego.com by typing the part number and find the right color and discovering that most popular parts or colors are out of stock is really giving headaches not to say that most of the time when i push the auto select button on BL I end up with buying from XX stores which means as many shipping costs times the number of orders and a very expensive total

i'd rather pay a small premium on a single website and get a ready to build kit 

I hope to see those websites grow with more MOCs. 

25 minutes ago, macaron35 said:

which means as many shipping costs times the number of orders and a very expensive total

Not counting the store-specific rules, that's often the most annoying part. You generally find 95% of your parts in 2 or 3 stores where they're cheap, and for the last 5% you have to deal with those "min order 20eur, 2eur/lot, only shipping insured, 2eur handling fee, +5% paypal" sellers, who happen to be the only ones to have one of the rare parts in your list.

6 hours ago, anothergol said:

Not counting the store-specific rules, that's often the most annoying part. You generally find 95% of your parts in 2 or 3 stores where they're cheap, and for the last 5% you have to deal with those "min order 20eur, 2eur/lot, only shipping insured, 2eur handling fee, +5% paypal" sellers, who happen to be the only ones to have one of the rare parts in your list.

which is happening most of the time, you need a little quantity of parts and you pay more in shipping, handling and paypal than the value of the parts themselves

most recently, I needed a minifig that only a few French stores had, the minifig is sold between 3 and 5 euros, i ended up paying almost 10 euros for it in total

Brickerbuilds.com does some busts and lightsabers. 
Republicbricks.com does a lot of clone vehicle Mocs. 

Both based in USA. Found them via YouTube lego channels. Both sell instructions and bricks together.