Hi, finally I have motivation to start building something, after some long dark months.

I've start with bearing mostly made of 3L axles and #4 connectors and lot of wheels. Yes, there will be only 2 main wheels :pir-grin: Actually agro tires are big enough to fit a bearing inside.

20201223_172930.gif

1280x1707.jpg

Edited by Ctan

That's really cool, I love this out of the box thinking! I'm curious to see what type of frame/bike you will build around it. It'll be big for sure...

Good luck!

I have not decieded yet, for sure I'll try to use olive green, brown and tan liftarms from my collection because why not :)

and here is the bearing (bare axle is mounting point)

bearing.png

I'm surprised this 'standard' configuration actually fits the inside of the tire that well (as in, no weird near-half-stud spacers needed etc.). Makes one wonder whether these things are considered during parts development...

Edit: one question though: did you already think about an engine? And how to drive that? Seems like a challenge to get that going in this setup...

Edited by Rudivdk

13 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

I'm surprised this 'standard' configuration actually fits the inside of the tire that well (as in, no weird near-half-stud spacers needed etc.). Makes one wonder whether these things are considered during parts development...

Edit: one question though: did you already think about an engine? And how to drive that? Seems like a challenge to get that going in this setup...

Yes, it fit almost perfect, it need side wheels to keep tire in straight line.

and here are possibilites of external powering the engine - red or blue axle probably with some rubber bands as tensioners to stick to the tire constantly.

bearing_2.png

5 minutes ago, Sariel said:

Here's a slightly different approach that you may want to take a look at:

It won't work in this case because I don't plan rc, but hamster inside tire is very tempting. I'm not sure if he do enough hp (hamster power?) to drive such futuristic stuff.

And rules said only 2 wheels - in your creation are total 8 touching the ground.

Steering with links is something I was thinking initially and I think it's a good idea :) 

I'm very far away from my comfort zone and I like this challenge :)

Internal power installed after a lot of fitting, lot of combinations in this tight rubber.

20201225_124731.gif

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

On 12/24/2020 at 4:16 AM, msk6003 said:

Here is similer idea. But I like you use that class tire!

Yup, there was lot of the same idea but I like to expand it a bit ;) Class tyre is my choice just because I didn't have any bigger :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Ctan said:

Internal power installed

Awesome, imho way better than the little rubber tire driving the outside of the big tire:thumbup:.

This will be a beast...

On 12/25/2020 at 1:19 PM, Rudivdk said:

Awesome, imho way better than the little rubber tire driving the outside of the big tire:thumbup:.

This will be a beast...

Yup, it resolved a lot of problems.

I think I'll keep size similar to official sets 

1280x1707.jpg

1280x960.jpg

I started shaping it a bit, it got 2 speed gearbox with neutral. And it doesn't need any support to stay vertical :) 

Another interesting way to get a hollow wheel... I remember seeing this solution with motorcycle tires a while ago:

Edited by Horologist

Loving your hubless wheel design. :thumbup: I wanted to do the same myself, but couldn't fit it in the tyre i really wanted to use.  That video posted above is a genius solution to what i was originally looking for though, but i'm not keen on it being driven by the method they've chosen. 

Looking forward to see where you take it from here. With those chunky tyres, it looks like it means real business.