Sign in to follow this  
Rudivdk

[TC19] 'Snake' custom chopper

Picture time...

800x600.jpg

Just a few more hours of work left to make all the necessary pictures and video...

Edited by Rudivdk

Here are my entry pictures. The video is about 90% done, will follow this weekend together with my final entry post.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x478.jpg

800x495.jpg

Altough I am not usually sold on thematic choppers, I must admit that you did great work here! I like that the snake is clearly visible from the side profile of the chopper.

Thanx! The Sian arches (which I really REALLY wanted to use) sort of defined the theme and overall shape for me, I just filled in the rest so to say... The concept for the side view was created in my mind in just a few minutes after defining the snake-theme.

But I am also quite pleased with the mechanical part, I ticked all the boxes I set for myself and then some, so all in all I am very happy with this build. 

I'm not enough of a technic guy to critique the mechanical functions, but I enjoy the look of this! Well done! It's really nice to see some of the parts from the Sian being used "in the wild". The forked-tongue fork and cobra hood are both funny and very cool looking to me :laugh:.

I also really enjoyed reading your building and design process! I liked your drawing with the longer pink tongue, but I'm not sure how that could have been done well in a physical build.

15 minutes ago, BrickBuildingFox said:

You really know how to keep up the tension...

:innocent:

Thanx, I'm glad the competition got extended with a week, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to finish all the presentation stuff in time, at least not the way I wanted it... Glad you like it!