Sign in to follow this  
Luigi08

Pirate flag x376px4

Hello Everyone!

Lego pirates from 90's was always my favourite lego theme and recently i decided to extend my collection from childhood :)

Among others i bought 2 flags with id x376px4 on bricklink and i have doubts if one of them is original lego piece (Seller claims it is).
Can you please share your opinion about this? Do you think the flag at the top of attached pictures is original?

I hope this is the correct place to put this kind of topic?

Thanks a lot for any opinion! :)

DSC_0634 - Copy (2).JPG

Hello and welcome in our Pirates Forum !

I am not sure the flag at the top of your picture is an official LEGO one as it seems quite different from the one underneath it.

And if you look closely on Bricklink, the official picture here is more similar to the flag at the bottom of your picture and not the one on the top.

here is a link to the Bricklink page

Hello Faladrin, thanks for warm welcome :)
I bougth both flags on bricklink and i am pretty sure about flag at the bottom - i had 6289 set Red Beard Runner so i could compare.

However this flag was also used in reedition ship 6290 and three sets released only in USA (6249, 6250, 6281) - i have never seen those sets :( maybe flag used there was a bit different?Leg    

I will check my flag as soon as I am at my parent's house. My first impression was that the upper flag might be the original, but it seems people already figured out it probably not being the case.

I believe only one of them is from the re-release of red beard runner. While the other is from all other vintage sets on the list. Just a guess here. :)

I just checked and I got the first one with the copyright symbol.

I got the re-release (6290). So maybe that or there is a difference between regions like with the cannons.

Thanks a lot for your help in this topic!

Indeed you might be right - i just checked couple of offers of set 6290 (re-release) on ebay.com and they seem to have flag with copyright symbol.

It seems to me that this was the only set released with this type of flag. 

Looks like the rest of sets (including 6249, 6250, 6281)  contains flag without copyright symbol.

I also found a topic which describes some differences between 6289 and 6290 sets - please find it below if you are interested :)

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/11368/the-differences-between-red-beard-runner-6289-and-6290

Thanks again!

So it seems the re-release of Red Beard Runner 6289 named 6290 has this flag with the copyright logo.

That's clearer now !

Thank you for having found the explanation topic @Luigi08 ! I took the liberty to link the page directly in your post

They look quit ea bit different on close inspection. I presonally think they both look fine but it does look suspect.