CastleBeachFire

[MOC] Brickadia Fire & Rescue Truck 37

Brickadia Fire & Rescue has placed this 2020 Seagrave Capitol TDQ in service at Station 37. With the construction of a new mall along with multiple apartment complexes and shopping centers in 37’s district, the apparatus committee wanted a rig that could attack a fire rapidly prior to the arrival of other companies. While other vehicles such as a single-axle quint were considered, the tractor drawn quint provided the most space for equipment, all while maintaining the high maneuverability offered by a TDA. Truck 37 is housed along with A&L 37, Patrol 37, and Reserve Engine 737.

img-7399_orig.jpg

Truck 37 is the department’s second tractor drawn aerial, joining Truck 36, a 2019 Pierce Quantum 107’ Ascendant.

img-7400_orig.jpg 

Some new features for Truck 37 not found on other Brickadia rigs include chevrons on the bumper. Also seen here is an intake to supply the pump, Grover air horn, Federal Signal Touchmaster electronic siren, B&M Super Chief mechanical siren, Hi-Viz mini brow scene lighting, and Code 3 emergency lighting. The bumper storage holds 50 ft of 4” LDH and 200 ft of pre-connected 1.75” attack hose.

img-7401_orig.jpg

Brickadia Fire & Rescue apparatus committee was assisted by LAcoFD in designing the pump module. One of the notable changes made here is the addition of speedlays under the crosslays. Attack hoses stored here are two 400 ft sections of 2.5” hose in the speedlay storage, a 300 ft section of 1.75” hose, a 300 ft section of 1.5” hose, and 100 ft of 1” booster reel. The Akron StreamMaster monitor can be used to flow large amounts of water when needed.

img-7402_orig.jpg

The trailer was deigned for maximum compartment space to hold a wide variety of tools and equipment.

img-7403_orig.jpg

The driver’s side stores structural equipment such as saws, forcible entry tools, and extinguishers.

img-7406_orig.jpg

The rear of the apparatus is designed somewhat differently compared to other local TDAs. As this apparatus is a quint, the department wanted to have LDH storage integrated with the rear. However, loading the hose after a fire can be tedious at times. So the department worked with the manufacturer to make a way to access the hosebed from the side as opposed to simply having a tray to store the LDH.

img-7407_orig.jpg

The hosebed stores 850 ft of 4” LDH.

img-7409_orig.jpg

The department also worked with Code R Decals and Graphics to add all the necessary chevrons and lettering.

img-7410_orig.jpg

The ladder tunnel will hold all the ground ladders, except for one 35’ extension ladder on the outside of the  trailer.

img-7411_orig.jpg

Another unique function I added to this rig is the functional 5th wheel. Though not apparent right away, the rear axle, as well as the rims, is actually built upside down, which required some out-of-the-box solutions to hold everything in place. But thanks to bars and clips, I’m very sure this rig can survive a 4.0 earthquake. A video showing the stability of the rig will come in the near future :)

img-7412_orig.jpg

Another angle of the functional wheels. Next up (at least in my ever evolving brain) is a tilting cab with an engine inside. Yes, it’s tough to fit everything I want in 6-wide scale, but hey, if I was able to get functional compartments and turning wheels on a six-wide rig, why not add another thing… or two haha

img-7413_orig.jpg

If you’ve seen my work in the past, then you know how much of a stickler I am to details. Things like the trash hook or the breathing air bottles on the ladder could have been easily missed or left out all together, but to me, they add so much to the rig!

img-7414_orig.jpg

Curbside equipment includes equipment for rescue situations such as extrication equipment, struts, and rigging rope.

img-7415_orig.jpg

The officer’s pump panel shows an intake as well as multiple discharges for attack hoses. The two-stage Waterous pump allows Truck 37 to supply water during high-rise incidents. With several high rise apartment complexes and office buildings in their district, it was critical to have a unit that could pump water at the appropriate pressure at any floor level.

img-7416_orig.jpg

The aerial device is rated for 500 lbs at 100 ft.

img-7417_orig.jpg

As you may notice, the ladder tip was also redesigned slightly to accommodate the extra scene lighting on the tip. The lime green tip was chosen to increase visibility.

img-7418_orig.jpg

The NightScan Powerlite device can illuminate even the darkest scene!

Truck 37 Technical Specs:

2020 142” Stainless Steel Seagrave Capitol 6-man Cab with a 14” raised roof

100’ HD aerial with a 500 lb tip load

500-hp Cummins X-12 engine

Code 3 emergency lighting

Hi-Viz mini brow lighting

Wilburt NightScan PowerLite

B&M Super Chief siren

Federal Signal Touchmaster siren 

Grover air horns

Onan 20 kW on-board generator

Vanair Pro 185-cfm air compressor

1500 gpm Waterous CMUC20 two-stage pump

350 gal water

20 gal Class A foam

40 gal Class B foam

Akron Brass StreamMaster 2000 gpm monitor

Ramsey Winch 12K

Forcible entry tools

RIT/FAST tools

Holmatro EVO 3 cordless rescue tools

2 PPV fans

Spill equipment

High/low angle rescue equipment 

222 ft of ground ladders

Inspired by:

Carmel, IN Truck 41

Seattle Fire Dept. Truck 10

Los Angeles Fire Dept Truck 11

LAcoFD Quint 3

Santa Maria Fire Dept Truck 1

Credits:

David H for the functional doors

Abeed M for assisting with the SNOT, development of the graphics package, and moral support

CC for the pump panel

Paulo R for the ladder

Sven J for the functional 5th wheel

Derotic Emergency Equipment for supplying technical details

Code R Decals and Graphics for inspiring the graphics package

Nice build :classic:

Looking very impressive with all the equipment, storage for tools and stuff, the lights and ...
Also like the 'handles' on the storagedoors, simple but looks great.
Only I miss some outriggers? 

8 hours ago, neonic said:

Nice build :classic:

Looking very impressive with all the equipment, storage for tools and stuff, the lights and ...
Also like the 'handles' on the storagedoors, simple but looks great.
Only I miss some outriggers? 

Thanks! The outriggers are just ahead of the compartments. Rigs like this typically only need one set of stabilizers. Thanks for stopping by!

6 minutes ago, DodgeDude5498 said:

Incredibly beautiful! Love those chevrons!

Thanks my friend! I love them too! My fingers on the other hand, not so much lol