evancelt

Redcoat Officer

Redcoat officer. Hat from Hector Barbossa, wig from Revolutionary Soldier, arms from Toy Soldier, torso from Imperial Admiral, legs from Sushi Chef

redcoat-officer-1.jpg

redcoat-officer-2.jpg

Edited by evancelt

8 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Nice, you've made me serious consider destroying a wig piece now!

Haha @Ayrlego apparently it isn't for everyone. I've gotten some hate mail from the Wig Justice League :pir-grin:

I couldn't bring myself to attempt it until I got to my 11th wig in collection, but now since I have one under my belt I think I could do another 5 or 6 as necessary.

Edited by evancelt

On 10/2/2020 at 11:00 AM, evancelt said:

Redcoat officer.

This chap looks like an Admiral if we're assessing in terms of existing Imperial Guard minifigures.

Just now, Mister Phes said:

This chap looks like an Admiral if we're assessing in terms of existing Imperial Guard minifigures.

The torso sure does. Could be! Gold epaulettes and boots, though, never can tell

Think the powdered wigs would hold up at sea? :bonaparte:

Just now, evancelt said:

Think the powdered wigs would hold up at sea? 

Well that depends... are they original model or the 1742 updated model with the elastic around the back which prevents them from being blown off in strong gusts of wind?

12 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Well that depends... are they original model or the 1742 updated model with the elastic around the back which prevents them from being blown off in strong gusts of wind?

I looked more closely and this particular wig looks to be the 1746 version with Velcro® hat attachment feature. I looked on Wikipedia and they invented that technology in response to Jacobite uprising. :pir-devil:

Edited by evancelt