Sign in to follow this  
blaz62

[MOC] Multicar 4x4

Hello
I present to you my new creation. Small multi-purpose vehicle. Inspired by Hako Multicar vehicles. The vehicle is designed so that different upgrades can be installed on it. In winter you can plow the roads with it, in summer you mow the lawn or install a crane on it. The cabin can be raised and below it is a »fake« 4 inline engine. For difficult terrain, you can lock the center differential with the lever from the cab. On the front, it has a panel for connect attachments.

Functions:
- steering all 4 wheels
- full suspensions with solid axle
- Differential lock:
first and last axle-full lock no differential,
middle-switchable with a lever from the cab
- raising and lowering the front panel for attachments
-working »fake« 4 inline engine
-cabin raise
-rear view mirror adjustment
-cabin detach

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

The chassis itself is not very interesting, I started making three different connectors.

Container transport module. Simple and stable installation on 4 points. For more stability it has two more support legs on the back for unloading / loading. The container is unloaded by operating two large linear actuator. The bodywork itself stands with the help of the foot even when not on the vehicle.

Functions:
- raising and lowering the stabilization legs
- raising and lowering the container by two large linear actuator
- the container can be disconnected

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Crane module. Big crane for small truck. Behind the cab you can mount crane with which you can lift various loads. Crane has two articulated parts and one extension. Two support legs provide greater stability at work.

Functions:
- Raising and lowering the stabilization legs
- Crane operation
- Work basket with tilt adjustment option

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Snow module. What would a Multicar vehicle be without a snow plow? Double snow plow which has the function of adjusting any angle of the plow. The double plate can be changed to one or act as a separate one. It now has a salt and sand spreader installed. This rotates as the vehicle moves.
Functions:
-plow angle adjustment
-raising and lowering the plow
-spreader operation

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

More photos you can find here

I also made instructions https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-50896/blaz62/multicar-4x4-and-3-modules/#comments

Edited by blaz62

Very interesting concept. It also is a great model to show how intricate you can build in the studless system. So many functions, yet still such a minimalistic chassis. I like it a lot.

It's a very nice MOC with an amazing number of modules.

Multicar is one of the last Companies of the GDR, in communism they had no Unimogs, but for working in parks they are better, becauso the Unimog is to big.

Also for service on side walks it's the solution. If i'm right, they also have electrical ones.