Sign in to follow this  
legotownlinz

[MOD] 60266 Ocean Exploration Ship

Here's a picture of my modded exploration ship with relaxed color schema (red parts removed), increased height, hidden crane gear box and a few minor details added.

DSC_6998.jpg

I've started to make instructions so that I can upload it to Rebrickable, but I can't find the large boat piece in Studio. Any ideas how to add it?

OceanExplorationShipMod1.png

3 hours ago, legotownlinz said:

Here's a picture of my modded exploration ship with relaxed color schema (red parts removed), increased height, hidden crane gear box and a few minor details added.

I've started to make instructions so that I can upload it to Rebrickable, but I can't find the large boat piece in Studio. Any ideas how to add it?

The large Hulls (item 18913c02) are not on Studio yet.

Good work on the updated color scheme!

2 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

The large Hulls (item 18913c02) are not on Studio yet.

I might have found a workaround! The part exists in the Lego Digital Designer and when I import the lxf file in Studio then it is also there. However, it is not possible to connect other parts to it.

I've made some additional improvements to the 60266 Ocean Exploration Ship, the biggest one is a deck at the front of the ship. Not only does the front look empty anymore but the deck also compensates the additional weight of the increased height of the rear cabin so that it looks better when floating in water.

Instructions are now available on Rebrickable.

1000x800.jpg?1612678240.8892763