n1majneb

[P8 - Azure - CE] Supply run 2: Gone Fishing

*Your entry has earned 3 XP*

After throwing his chips in with Clan Eldar, albeit 'off the books' Korso Kidirr is forewarned of a growing Imperial build up across several fronts where Kidirr's trading company has interests and decides to take a hastily arranged vacation to Azure whilst the dust settles.

Landing close to a fishing village, Kidirr strikes up a conversation with a local fisherwoman who agrees to take him to her off shore fishing platform for a few hours. 

After a couple of hours of great fishing the local woman asks for help bringing the shell fish up from the cast nets, 

"Not a problem, we'd love to help wouldn't we Ch'i Hima? The waters are so inviting"

As the woman turns to grab a harpoon, a quick prod from Kidirr's walking stick sees Ch'i submerged 

"MY FUR!' Rages Hima 

"Is he alright, sir?"

"Oh yes, he just likes to let you know he's still there is all - Oh Ch'i you might as well pull those cages up now!"

IMG_1270

"I hear the waters are great for fishing Ch'i Hima! Have a swim Ch'i!" Hima growls as he curses.

All of a sudden, Ch'i's protestations come to an abrupt halt "Something just stroked my leg!" howls Ch'i

"Oh don't worry, that'll be the tentacled snappers - they don't bite...often"

Howling as he swims for the platform "NEXT TIME I CHOOSE THE PLANET KIDIRR!"

Ch’i Hima takes a swim

Spoiler

Behind the scenes,

A Simple build, but in building for the Pyerce contest I had a few left over pieces that I had originally tried to work in as a gantry to one of my builds but thought it best as a little vignette piece.

For the platform, it was initially an excuse to build some narrow profile stairs i'd seen elsewhere and also to try some false perspective building by having the island and village in the background which i think works well!

False perspective micro scale fishing village and island

I figbarffed these characters as background characters to a previous build:

But wanted, as an aside to my main stories, to follow these guys just a little further and thought i could send them on holiday!

I also wanted to tell a funnier story than those i've written to progress my character so far, and thought in a quick story this would be the best place!

Edited by goatman461

Nice little story. There's a lot of fun stuff in the build, too. Do you have a full-width photo so we can see the whole thing?

Here you go:

Spoiler

The fishing platform and island

Factions WIP builds

and there was also this skiff build, i couldn't work it in to the image so abandoned it in the end:

Factions WIP builds

20 minutes ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Nice story and good build - I especially like the micro build for the island village!

Thanks @marvelBoy123 i really like the little village, it's simple but I think that makes it work well - I was going with the idea that things in the distance tend to be detail free blocks of colour.

@Ross Fisher Thanks and see above!