15 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Do we know that it's a "traditional" art set with 1x1 tiles making up the majority of the piece count? With sets like The Great Wave or the Rolling Stones wall art, Lego has started moving away from the basic sorts of tile mosaics for a lot of the sets. If the Spider-Man set is something more like one of those sets it could feature some larger pieces to make it up, which could potentially reduce the overall piece count even if it's a substantial size.

That woukd make sense,  if it's a little more 3d! 

I didn’t realize The Great Wave set is already released and now it’s out of stock. It looks amazing! I mean, I am a huge fan of Japanese culture, art and history myself. I must buy this one!

It’s a pure wishlist.

Since the Great Wave set was released last year, I would love to see more iconic artwork, like Mona Lisa, American Gothic (mayb not likely), Campbell soup can, The Screamer (that could. Be more complciated), and some more. 

Wow this thread’s been dead.  So much so, in fact, that I forgot about it and I started it to begin with.

On 1/14/2024 at 3:18 PM, Lion King said:

It’s a pure wishlist.

Since the Great Wave set was released last year, I would love to see more iconic artwork, like Mona Lisa, American Gothic (mayb not likely), Campbell soup can, The Screamer (that could. Be more complciated), and some more. 

I think both that and the IDEAS Starry Night have been highly successful so I hope we can see more like them as well.  Personally I’d really like some Monet water lilies.  I wonder if they might extend ‘Art’ to sculptures rather than just wall art - Rodin’s Thinker would be cool.  I’d also like Whistler’s Mother, although admittedly that’s because of Mr Bean more than anything else :laugh:.  Unfortunately because it’s religious they’ll never do Da Vinci’s Last Supper though I think it would be great.

Having given it a name I’ll be really excited to see how the Fauna Collection expands - I really like the Macaws and they’re a great price.

54 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Wow this thread’s been dead.  So much so, in fact, that I forgot about it and I started it to begin with.

I think both that and the IDEAS Starry Night have been highly successful so I hope we can see more like them as well.  Personally I’d really like some Monet water lilies.  I wonder if they might extend ‘Art’ to sculptures rather than just wall art - Rodin’s Thinker would be cool.  I’d also like Whistler’s Mother, although admittedly that’s because of Mr Bean more than anything else :laugh:.  Unfortunately because it’s religious they’ll never do Da Vinci’s Last Supper though I think it would be great.

Having given it a name I’ll be really excited to see how the Fauna Collection expands - I really like the Macaws and they’re a great price.

Agreed, you are right that sculptures are considered as art! The Thinker gonna be a brilliant one. 

So many iconic arts out there… But agreed, De Vinci and Michangelo’s works won’t be touched. I mean, I love Italian Renaissance but most of artworks are religious. I think Monda Lisa is a safe one. 

Monet! I love htat Impressionism moveement, along with Manet. 

I would love to see more diverse arts from around the world beyond the Great Wave (only Japanese art while there are many Americanand European Art sets). Less Western arts, more Asian, African and Center/South American arts. 

On 1/14/2024 at 3:18 PM, Lion King said:

It’s a pure wishlist.

Mona Lisa

Funny that we just mentioned this as it’s been leaked this will be being released this year along with The Milky Way (interested to see how they do that).

31212: The Milky Way Galaxy 

3091 pieces

US$199.99

May 2024 release 

31213: The Mona Lisa

1503 pieces

US$TBA

Summer 2024 release

That seems to be all the data that we’ve got so far.

Edited by Vilhelm22

21 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Funny that we just mentioned this as it’s been leaked this will be being released this year along with The Milky Way (interested to see how they do that).

31212: The Milky Way Galaxy 

3091 pieces

US$199.99

May 2024 release 

1503 pieces

US$TBA

Summer 2024 release

That seems to be all the data that we’ve got so far.

Wow…both Art sets sound amazing! 

I can’t wait to see. Mona Lisa set’s details later this year.

I'm very intrigued by the Milky Way set - I could see that one getting the Space banner seen on various other themes this year. It's probably going to be quite large too, judging by the price and piece count. I would especially love if it includes a lot of glow-in-the-dark and/or opalescent pieces!

23 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

1503 pieces

US$TBA

Summer 2024 release

I'll take seven. And if it doesn't come with a 4th Doctor Who fig, or the words "This is a fake" under the the painting, I'm gonna be sad. Not too surprised, but sad. (classic Dr. Who reference for the win!)

(For those who are interested, the 1979 serial featuring seven original copies of the Mona Lisa was called "The City of Death".)

Edited by Murdoch17

On 1/21/2024 at 9:40 AM, Murdoch17 said:

I'll take seven. And if it doesn't come with a 4th Doctor Who fig, or the words "This is a fake" under the the painting, I'm gonna be sad. Not too surprised, but sad. (classic Dr. Who reference for the win!)

(For those who are interested, the 1979 serial featuring seven original copies of the Mona Lisa was called "The City of Death".)

Well you will be sad for sure becuase i don’t think there will be some Doctor Who references in Monda Lisa set… Same for Starry Night Ideas set.

But it would be very cool to see TARDIS painted by Van Gogh!

Milky Way releases May 15th, similar style to Spider Man.

31213 Milky Way Galaxy 

US$199.99

3091 pieces

15th May release