CastleBeachFire

MOC: Castle Beach Fire Department

8 hours ago, DodgeDude5498 said:

Your welcome! I saw snatches of those on your instagram. I much prefer them on a pickup chassis though ;) But those Type 3's look awesome! Ideally I'd like to have 4 Type 3's as wildlands and 4 SKEETER 6x6s as brush's in my department. Brush's and wildland's operate together in a sort of task force in my dept btw.

Haha! Eventually, I’d like to get a strike team within the agencies I run, but I need to win the lottery first ?

Today’s update is one my personal favorites: Truck 2!

CBFD Truck 2 - SN 22004CBFD Truck 2 - SN 22004

Featuring 15 functional compartments, Truck 2 is a 2020 Pierce Quantum Ascendant tractor drawn aerial and comes in at 62 ft in length. This apparatus can maneuver much easier than a rear-mount or mid-mount aerial thanks to the steering 5th wheel. Truck 2 is assigned the shop number 22004 and will see action shortly. Per the Castle Beach Fire Department Truck Company Specification, this apparatus is a straight truck, carrying no water or hose. If necessary, a 3” monitor can be supplied by the 2-car and attached to the tip of the aerial for master stream operations. As part of the technical rescue team, this apparatus (along with Truck 1) has an A-frame gantry to assist with lifting heavy objects or for low angle rescues.

Truck 2 Technical Specs:
2020 Pierce Quantum 6-man Cab with a 22” raised roof
Ascendant 107’ HD aerial with a 750 lb tipload
525-hp Detroit Diesel DD13engine
Allison 4500 EVS transmission
TAK-4 independent suspension
Code 3 emergency lighting
FRC scene lighting
Wilburt Night scan PowerLite
B&M Super Chief siren
Federal Signal Touchmaster siren 
Grover air horns
Onan 20 kW on-board generator
Vanair Pro 185-cfm air compressor
Ramsey Winch 12K
Forcible entry tools
RIT/FAST tools
Holmatro EVO 3 cordless rescue tools
2 PPV fans
Spill equipment
High/low angle rescue equipment 
276 ft of ground ladders

The driver's side was structured to carry truck company equipment, while the officer's side was designed to store rescue tools.

In addition, the apparatus carries 276 ft. of ground ladders. The complement consists of extension ladders, wall ladders, and roof ladders. The extension ladder complement consists of two 35 ft. ladders, one 14 ft. ladder, one 12 ft ladder, and one collapsible 10 ft. ladder. The wall ladder complement includes two 24 ft. ladders, two 20 ft. ladders, and two 16 ft. ladders. The roof ladder complement has one 20 ft. ladder, one 16 ft. ladder, and two 12 ft. ladders.

Inspired by:
Seattle Fire Department Truck 10
Los Angeles Fire Department Truck 11

Credits:
David H for the functional doors
Abeed M for the decals

On 7/14/2020 at 12:40 PM, DodgeDude5498 said:

This rig never gets old, awesome work! That cab detail gets me every time ?

Hey thanks! After literally many years of trial and error, I've found a happy medium :) Sorry I'm only replying now haha... been a tad busy XD

Today's update is one of my latest creations: Water Tender 11.

50013947233_2b79d8fbd4_k.jpg

Purchased in 2004 to supply water for brush fires, WT11 is one of two water tenders. Water Tender 11 is also the last of the first generation Pierce Quantum cabs in service at Castle Beach. All Quantums purchased by the department between 1998 and 2004 have already been sold, traded-in, or donated. WT11 is also equipped like any of the frontline triple combinations except that it has less attack hose due to the portable tank located in the hosebed. During brushfire season, WT11 is staffed by 2 firefighters.

Technical specs:

2004 Pierce Quantum

525-hp Detroit Diesel DD13engine

Allison 4000 EVS transmission

TAK-4 independent suspension

Code 3 emergency lighting

FRC scene lighting

Wilburt Night scan PowerLite

B&M Super Chief siren

Motorola Spectra siren

Grover air horns

Onan 20 kW on-board generator

1500 gpm two-stage Waterous pump

2500 gal water

20 gal Class A foam

40 gal Class B foam

Edited by CastleBeachFire

9 hours ago, CastleBeachFire said:

Hey thanks! After literally many years of trial and error, I've found a happy medium :) Sorry I'm only replying now haha... been a tad busy XD

No prob! I love Station 11, it seems it's your wildland station so naturally the rigs appeal to me ?

25 minutes ago, DodgeDude5498 said:

No prob! I love Station 11, it seems it's your wildland station so naturally the rigs appeal to me ?

It’s gonna expand soon too ?

2 hours ago, CastleBeachFire said:

It’s gonna expand soon too ?

Oh sweet! I'm telling ya you need a RAM brush, trash that ford lol

Come to think of it though, Fast Response 11 was the rig that got me started with brush trucks, even if it isn't really a true brush. Back in the day where I had nothing better to do then stalk ya'll on MP ?

Oh btw how are you posting these pics? Through Flickr or brickshelf? From what I hear uploading pics on here is a little complicated so I haven't even tried yet haha

Edited by DodgeDude5498

On 7/17/2020 at 11:39 PM, DodgeDude5498 said:

Oh sweet! I'm telling ya you need a RAM brush, trash that ford lol

Come to think of it though, Fast Response 11 was the rig that got me started with brush trucks, even if it isn't really a true brush. Back in the day where I had nothing better to do then stalk ya'll on MP ?

Oh btw how are you posting these pics? Through Flickr or brickshelf? From what I hear uploading pics on here is a little complicated so I haven't even tried yet haha

Haha I am actually planning to replace FR11 with a patrol (not sure if you saw that.. I posted it somewhere lol) and an ambo. 

I am posting it through Flickr. I may use Brickshelf down the road as I do not have Flickr Pro account... I just basically link the photo to the post here and this webpage automatically processes the link to present the photo.

15 hours ago, CastleBeachFire said:

Haha I am actually planning to replace FR11 with a patrol (not sure if you saw that.. I posted it somewhere lol) and an ambo. 

I am posting it through Flickr. I may use Brickshelf down the road as I do not have Flickr Pro account... I just basically link the photo to the post here and this webpage automatically processes the link to present the photo.

I just saw the patrol today, looks awesome! I gotta rebuild mine now ?

I thought you must be, it looked a little different though so I thought you might have found a different way.

On 7/31/2020 at 11:35 PM, murtaughf3 said:

Very nice builds, fire trucks have always been one of my favorites. 

Thank you very much! Sorry I'm just getting to this. Haven't visited the site in a while haha

Good to see you expanding to other communities/sites to post your work!

Keep it up, Michael!

17 hours ago, davidzq said:

Good to see you expanding to other communities/sites to post your work!

Keep it up, Michael!

Haha figured it was about time I posted on here after lurking for a long time XD 

Thanks David! Means a lot coming from you :) If my BAP order would arrive soon, yes, I do plan on keeping up my builds lol

Today's update features one of my latest creations CBFD Rescue 2. Now in it's fourth generation, this apparatus is perhaps my boldest rig yet. 

CBFD Rescue 2 - SN: 62013

While retaining most of the cab as well as the custom slide-out, the latest iteration of Rescue 2 will be the standard for Castle Beach Fire Department Rescue companies for the foreseeable future!

Seen in the above photo collage are the functional elements including cab doors, compartments, light tower, and roof compartments. 

Rescue 2 is shown alongside Brickadia US&R 36. 

CBFD Rescue 2 has taken delivery of this 2020 Pierce Quantum partial walk-in unit and is assigned the shop number 62013! Rescue 2 is the second rescue in the city and has equipment for a wide range of technical rescue calls spread across 12 functional compartments.

Technical specs:

2020 Pierce Quantum 25 foot partial walk-in heavy rescue

TAK-4 independent front suspension

525-hp Detroit Diesel DD13 engine 

Allison EVS 4500 automatic transmission 

25,000-lb. hydraulic rear winch 

12,000-lb. front Ramsey winch 

20-kW Onan hydraulic PTO-driven generator 

185-cfm Vanair PTO-driven air compressor 

Code 3 Lighting

Hi-Viz BG2 Scene lighting

B&M Super Chief Siren

Motorola Spectra electronic siren

Grover Air horns

Forcible entry tools 

Holmatro EVO3 extraction tools 

Inflatable raft 

Cribbing and airbags for stabilization 

Paratech struts 

96' of ground ladders

Level-A personal protective gear and immersion suits

Rigging gear

Arcair Slice MAPP and oxyacetylene cutting tools

4 different kinds of saws

Lifting bags

10- 20- and 30-ton jacks

Rocco rope systems

Elevator kits

Air manifold cart with assorted tools

Pipeline keys (water and gas)

Pavement breakers

.45-caliber line guns

2- and 3-ton grip hoists

Rabbit tools

Hydra rams

Exothermic torches

Subway equipment

Gas and electric generators

Various meters

Thermal imaging cameras

Sperian Warrior 45-min SCBAs with spare tanks

Inspired by:

LAFD US&R 88

Seminole County, FL Special Hazards 2

Credits:

David H for inspiring the compartments

Abeed M for the lettering

1 hour ago, DodgeDude5498 said:

Beautiful as always ?

Thanks bro!

48 minutes ago, BrickfordCityFire said:

"second to none" I agree, excellent as always.

Thanks! The moniker is a play on words as there are 2 rescues in the city :)