Sign in to follow this  
Svelte

Price drop on Star Justice and Space Skulls - S@H

Here's a heads up to anyone still interested in the LEGO Factory Space sets.

10191 Star Justice and 10192 Space Skulls are now $69.99 USD down from $99.99 USD respectively. I'm not sure how that converts to Pounds or Euros etc, nor am I sure which countries the price drops are effective in, but its essentially 30 percent off. Here is the link

At $69.99 USD, these sets now seem priced about right to me (stickers and all), and I hope LEGO decides to hold them at this price for a good long time. :wink: But I'm now royally kicking myself for plunking down the full $99.99 for 10191 at the LEGO store just last Saturday, grrrr... :angry:

Already posted so I merged your topic. :wink:

10191 Star Justice and 10192 Space Skulls are now $69.99 USD down from $99.99 USD respectively. I'm not sure how that converts to Pounds or Euros etc, nor am I sure which countries the price drops are effective in, but its essentially 30 percent off. Here is the link

At $69.99 USD, these sets now seem priced about right to me (stickers and all), and I hope LEGO decides to hold them at this price for a good long time. :wink: But I'm now royally kicking myself for plunking down the full $99.99 for 10191 at the LEGO store just last Saturday, grrrr... :angry:

Great news. I wanted to get at least the Star Justice set but thought that it was well overpriced at $100, especially given that it was a factory set and pretty much only included standard pieces. This price is much more reasonable and what it should have been released for originally.

Nice

I'm definetly going to have to get one.

....Which One though?

It is kinda saddening that they didnt sell well (my lego shop always had a shelf full)

I guess TLC probably won't be following up this experiment with any more AFOL space....

I guess I didnt buy em earlier because... I keep thinking Id rather buy one of my own Factory designs

plus Mars Mission was out and looking pretty good, with their Printed torsos

Well damn...now on US Shop At Home they're $70 each.

If I'd have waited six weeks I coulda saved myself $60 :tongue:

Same here... I snatched the Star Justice set first time I saw it at the Downtown Disney Lego store. I was so excited, I just closed my eyes when I paid the full price which came up to almost $110 (sales tax included). Who would've known it'll go on sale in the US just after 3 months of being 'officially' released? Now I'm hesitating to buy the Space Skulls set, out of frustration.

Honestly speaking, I don't mind TLC putting these exclusive sets on sale, but only after a while (say, a year or so after it's been released) when the time comes to move some overstock to make room for new exclusives, BUT not in just a short time!

For me as an AFOLs, I think it comes down to this... to buy or not to buy... to miss an exclusive set or pay full price...

It is kinda saddening that they didnt sell well (my lego shop always had a shelf full)

I guess TLC probably won't be following up this experiment with any more AFOL space....

That would be a pity, as the sets themselves are great but were hurt by TLG's overcharging for them. Given their size, $100 is honestly a poor buy compared to mainstream sets like the Mars Mission line (and this is doubly so since they're Factory sets with a limited parts selection). I was always expecting a price drop sooner or later and held off buying them, as they were never going to sell well at the $100 price.

Edited by CP5670

For me as an AFOLs, I think it comes down to this... to buy or not to buy... to miss an exclusive set or pay full price...

Years of collecting other action figures and toys has given me a complex. I'm scared to death that if I don't buy something the very first time I see it, that I'll never find it again and I'll have to either do without or pay a boatload for it on ebay. Even though I know LEGO stocks stuff, even exclusives, pretty well and has multiple channels through which to purchase products, I still get all fidgety and nervous when I leave something for later.

I got my sets at the same LEGO store and, despite already hauling nearly $500 worth of stuff to the register, I just couldn't leave them on the shelf :tongue:

I'm scared to death that if I don't buy something the very first time I see it, that I'll never find it again and I'll have to either do without or pay a boatload for it on ebay.

:tongue: I near-banned that attitude this year. Too often last year I bought sets on full price only to see then on sale weeks or even days later. This year I have been a good boy and I only allow myself to feel that way for cheaper sets.

thanks for the news. Definitely worth considering now. Hopefully this more accurate exchange rate is reflected in the to be released death star. Well a boy can dream.

Praise be, hewman! Your dream came true :wink:

Sign in to follow this