Bellatrix

What is your favorite Harry Potter Movie

On 6/5/2020 at 2:09 AM, Bellatrix said:

Mine is GOF what is yours?

It has to be the original, The Philosopher's Stone.

The first two movies had a sort of magic (pun intended) about them that the subsequent films I felt were lacking.

On 6/11/2020 at 2:08 PM, leafan said:

The first two movies had a sort of magic (pun intended) about them that the subsequent films I felt were lacking.

I kinda agree. The look of wonder on Harry’s face when he’s introduced to things really is something.

But for me, my favorite is GoF. It really expands on the Wizarding World, both in the realm of Quidditch & other schools. 

On 6/11/2020 at 4:08 PM, leafan said:

Mine’s Chamber of Secrets and then Philosopher’s Stone for the reason you listed.

Chamber of Secrets is my favorite. (I love the flying car, It's been my sig-fig's car since it was released in the original 2002 set, but I made mine in black. Updated it with the new versions over the years, but that's another topic...) I absolutely HATE the Prisoner of Azkaban movie. Too many fade-in / outs. It's like the director just discovered the technique existed and said: "Too cool! Now I get to use them in every other scene!" :hmpf:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is best for me

Edited by Pont19

What is it about GOF that works so well?

I usually see it listed as the favorite

As an adaptation, I think it might be the worst (along with HBP), but as a movie on its own, it is great

Prisoner of Azkaban, Order of the Phoenix. All the rest are decent to me except Goblet of Fire. I think it's partially because they cut soo much out from the books, but also there is a tonal issue for me personally. I think it's a difficulty with the books as well, shifting from the light-hearted, albeit dangerous adventures of a young boy and his friends to the literal rise of evil and death. Almost has a whiplash effect. Although I will say that David Tennant was great as Barty Jr., weird and crazy, and I love it. :pir-huzzah1:

Edited by Childe_Roland
Spelling