Sign in to follow this  
Angeli

Chima Fire

Chima is one of my most favorite themes :) And although I am not fan of the sets (which are awesome, animal wehicles, super interesting for play), I am more fan of the minifigs - actually, leaking about Chima minifig was what got me banned here on Eurobricks, for years :) Actually, bullheadness, but nobody counts :)

In any case, Chima is amazing, and with hundreds of minifigs I have got as a gift I decided to put them in fractions, for dioramas. In my world, all Chima (and animal costume minifigs, any antropomorfological animals) are divide into:
- Chima Fire (lions, tigers everything that is tan, red orange and similar)
- Chima Ice (saber tooth tigers, mammoths, bears, everything white, gray or blue)
- Chima Slime (snakes, bugs, everything that crowls or has more then four legs, usually green, lime, purple)
- Chima Borg (craws, skunks, black tigers, black apes, everything black)

Each fraction has got it's own diorama, Chima Fire and Chima Slime on 2x2 48x48, Chima Ice on 12x4 48x48 and Chima Borg on 2x4 48x48
1.jpg
The first thing noticeable from this moc is lava that flows from a castle and spills on floor, with few lava monsters hanging there. Second is a tall castle, with army pouring out of it, third is a bridge over the flora, and forht is flora, spiky plants growing all around the castle. Beong done with trans neon orange bricks, it lights up with blue or black light (I love using blue as black kills all other colors)
2.jpg
3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg8.jpg

I wonder what could Chima could become if they were more oriented towards builds, and with a less cartoony feel.
I liked a lot about the polar and saber minifigs and made a small contigent, your edifications are great accomplishing giving more deep background.
Thanks for sharing.

That is one impressive build.  The red building with the varied plants and figs is striking.  The lava looks great, I like the way you made it spill on to the floor.  That is a lot of Chima figs.  I liked the Chima figs.  I actually would have liked to see it last another couple of waves to see what they would have came up with.  

Now this is cool! I love the lava flow cascading down to the floor. The lights out picture reminds me a lot of your old black castle builds. Druid City? I think it was. 

Edited by Vindicare

19 hours ago, Lego David said:

Wow! That diorama looks insane! Awesome work!

thank you, David :) wait until you see Chima Ice :D

12 hours ago, Niku said:

I wonder what could Chima could become if they were more oriented towards builds, and with a less cartoony feel.
I liked a lot about the polar and saber minifigs and made a small contigent, your edifications are great accomplishing giving more deep background.
Thanks for sharing.

Actually, saber tooth tigers are my favorite minifigs from Chima, I think I have hundred of them, and I tried to customize each one to be diferent (impossible task :) I will post my Chima Ice creation during weekend and make link here

9 hours ago, zoth33 said:

That is one impressive build.  The red building with the varied plants and figs is striking.  The lava looks great, I like the way you made it spill on to the floor.  That is a lot of Chima figs.  I liked the Chima figs.  I actually would have liked to see it last another couple of waves to see what they would have came up with.  

I agree :) But you kind of have continuation with CMFs costumed minifigs, just change a head to plain colored head of the color of the mask (yellow for girafe, for instance). There are other anthropomorphic minifigs, like rocket racoon from Guardians of the galaxy or Nestle rabbit (link to bricklink) 41875.t1.png

6 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Now this is cool! I love the lava flow cascading down to the floor. The lights out picture reminds me a lot of your old black castle builds. Druid City? I think it was. 

hehehe well, somebody is old scholl here on Eurobricks :) I can;t believe you remember :) Yes, and those are the same red bricks :) But I preoriented on white, and after white on dbg, so you can expect a LOT of new large scale creations for Drow in the future from me :)

8 hours ago, Angeli said:

hehehe well, somebody is old scholl here on Eurobricks :) I can;t believe you remember :) Yes, and those are the same red bricks :) But I preoriented on white, and after white on dbg, so you can expect a LOT of new large scale creations for Drow in the future from me :)

Of course, I loved those build. They were so different & massive. Drow...that was it! I look forward to seeing more in the future.