Just a few thoughts at the moment. Despite I usually like to build complicate MOCs I think this is not the time. My first front axle was this one and I do not know how this suspension would be called but I think I will not use it. Maybe will be better for once in my life to build as simple as I can trying to do a beautiful bodywork It will not be my style at all but I do not see any suspension enough good for my taste. If I get a car with HOG steering, fake engine, some openable parts and a recognozable bodywork I will be as happy as we can in these days...

lht3BqL.jpg?1

Edited by jorgeopesi

Another thing that I won´t use but this is about share ideas and I am watching a lot of good stuff so I share too. An even wider tyre using two small ones, they fit perfectly in the wheel.

JWKJ10G.jpg?1

kaIbvsr.jpg?1

4 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

An even wider tyre using two small ones, they fit perfectly in the wheel.

Hmm nice feature for future small scale trucks with double tire setup :-)

The good thing about these contests is that I always get something useful for the future. My two posibly rear axles, I like the one below because you can not take away the axle the upper one would be the everybody´s normal axle.

NIxbhbu.jpg?1

sWlyCRk.jpg?1

OOMyb6e.jpg?1

That below is original/different, but unnecessary massive and complex.

I like simple version with 5 x 7 frame; actually that is something I planned for my hotrod...only all is light bluish gray and white (there will probably be white bodywork if I manage to make proper front axle)

Looking forward to see your version mate.

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

That below is original/different, but unnecessary massive and complex.

You are right but if you hate sliding axles we only have a few solutions using the 5.5 axle.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

I like simple version with 5 x 7 frame; actually that is something I planned for my hotrod...only all is light bluish gray and white (there will probably be white bodywork if I manage to make proper front axle)

Looking forward to see your version mate.

I do not know very well what to do yet, I just build as strong for the size as I can and then we will see what fits :laugh: . I have seen a lot of front axles but I will use a strong one even losing the suspension, I have to start with the outside part that in my opinon is the most important thing working with these scales well in all scales :hmpf_bad: .

dXu6xZi.jpg?1

YddGxwm.jpg?1

Edited by jorgeopesi

I'm trying to make live front axle and if I succeed then I'll see how to squeeze engine and then I could enter the content...problem us that front independent suspension takes to much space; it is ideal for 17 studs wide car...

In your image that could be used as pendular front axle

Just now, I_Igor said:

I'm trying to make live front axle and if I succeed then I'll see how to squeeze engine and then I could enter the content...problem us that front independent suspension takes to much space; it is ideal for 17 studs wide car...

In your image that could be used as pendular front axle

I know it but the front part of the car would be in the end too much fragile for my taste.

As you can see in my topic I'm still not a biggest fan of that axle based engines...but you could make something original W8 instead of 2 parallel V8s?

On 4/8/2020 at 9:07 PM, I_Igor said:

As you can see in my topic I'm still not a biggest fan of that axle based engines...but you could make something original W8 instead of 2 parallel V8s?

I am working in something better but for the moment just this simple front axle with ackerman steering and the steering wheel very near of the wheels. I am not going to use suspensions because they would make the car too much fragile for my taste I preffer consistent MOCs even loosing functions, in these scales.

dztrQkY.jpg?1

h9iGnB3.jpg?1

I have made something old school but have to test it; so far it looks cool for me. Important is that you are satisfied. Very often simplest solution is best solution.

Interesting solution for transfering that steering wheel movement. 

There could be harder to make nice (pretty low) front hood comparing to steering wheel level.

18 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Interesting solution for transfering that steering wheel movement. 

There could be harder to make nice (pretty low) front hood comparing to steering wheel level.

The good point is that you can move the steering wheel easily if you want and you still have ackerman steering, you can do a supercar with the steerin wheel near the front wheels or you can do a car with a V12 front engine if you want, the think I like of this is the simplicity and modularity.

A drive front axle only 14 studs wide and even strong for my... forgive me it is already done. This contest will be hard because I still don´t know well what to do...

1gE70mB.jpg?1

n6FkVHv.jpg?1

More changes and I still have no idea what to do... now W20 engine, steering wheel and inverted HOG for the moment :hmpf_bad: .

0PqKBe6.jpg?1

caO1fAI.jpg?2

Edited by jorgeopesi

More changes again, ackerman steering because I discovered that the steering works incredibly better than without it, HOG steering and I am trying mudguards...

Yvsjc7p.jpg?1

kkMca5j.jpg?1

1 hour ago, Shtykoff said:

U don’t have red wheel arches?

I have but I am not a big fan of panels I like more the old flex axle school, for me the cars were more beautiful with them. Just an example, I do not like fragile MOCs but for cars that are almost only for display the flex axles are good.

3ddPeZS.jpg?1

Just now, jorgeopesi said:

I have but I am not a big fan of panels I like more the old flex axle school, for me the cars were more beautiful with them. Just an example, I do not like fragile MOCs but for cars that are almost only for display the flex axles are good.

3ddPeZS.jpg?1

I agree, old style is very cool 

I still trying things... I do not like too much mudguard panels but I see that you need less pieces in the end for a more strong MOC, the bad thing is that I think if we all use them in small cars they can be probably too much alike each other.

JSWKjpo.jpg?1

4h3Vwz9.jpg?11kddEU2.jpg?1

Seeing this, I can not recognize which car has influenced you, so my question is: what did artist wanted to say with this sculpture?