Bob

Pirates Mafia II - Day One

Recommended Posts

img_3065.jpg

"Wow." Liam started. "I sure do love our flag. Surely our country is the best!" 

"Wait a second. What country are we exactly?" Captain Hendry asked. "I know this is the LEGO Caribbean, but surely there's no country called Imperial Soldiers over in LEGO Europe."

"I don't know." Ansel replied. "I've always imagined that we're the French. We're always at war with the Imperial Guards, who are clearly based on the British. That must mean we're French."

"But, other countries have historically worn blue besides the French. What about the Swedish and the Portuguese?"

"Yes, but this is the Caribbean. The Armada are clearly Spanish, the Guards are British, that leaves just the French really."

"But what about---"

"I sure love our flag!" Liam shouted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Robert Walsh said:

Let me join you me ol' pal Kendall with a trumpety trump! * Too-too-too-too-toooooom...TOOM! *

As for some serious business: Aye, I would be against day 1 lynching but voting is a fine loyalist tool to utilize, so I'm eager to see your choice with any reasoning you can append as well.

As for me I don't like pseudovotes and explicit warnings about monitoring a fellow soldier as it is too obvious to point out. Something more likely a scum would do than actually voting. This is my reasoning at the moment. 

Vote: Morgan Marchand

*bash* *bash* *bash*

The band is back together again! 

I’m definitely not against Day One lynching. It’s important to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later. Morgan’s comment felt baity. Like he was waiting for someone to take it up and cast the first vote on Ethan. I’m going to place my vote for Lieutenant Paul, our first mate, who has not commented on the situation at all. Speak up man! 

*bash* *bash* *bash*

Vote: Paul Lapointe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bob said:

"I don't know." Ansel replied. "I've always imagined that we're the French. We're always at war with the Imperial Guards, who are clearly based on the British. That must mean we're French."

Mon Dieu! Of course poor lieutenant Michel would take us as frogs being the only serviceman with french heritage. I'm Robert Walsh is however definitely under the service of the Royal Crown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Robert Walsh said:

Let me join you me ol' pal Kendall with a trumpety trump! * Too-too-too-too-toooooom...TOOM! *

As for some serious business: Aye, I would be against day 1 lynching but voting is a fine loyalist tool to utilize, so I'm eager to see your choice with any reasoning you can append as well.

As for me I don't like pseudovotes and explicit warnings about monitoring a fellow soldier as it is too obvious to point out. Something more likely a scum would do than actually voting. This is my reasoning at the moment. 

Vote: Morgan Marchand

Big words. Interpreter please? I think you are saying that Morgan cast suspicion and didn't vote and that seems scummy. Not sure scum would take the risk of casting the first real suspicion but I do get that he cast suspicion on me without placing a vote to back it up. It's hard to lynch on day one. I'm not ready to vote Morgan because of this. I'd like to see more activity from others it's earl in the day.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Vote Count:
Arthur Hargrave - 1 (Ethan Dunn)
Morgan Marchand - 1 (Robert Walsh)

With 16 players, a majority of 9 is required. About 55 hours or so remain in Day One.

opsy! I didn't intend to have my joke vote make it to a tally.

Unote: Arthur Hargrave but I'm watching your squashy face!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ethan Dunn said:

Big words. Interpreter please? I think you are saying that Morgan cast suspicion and didn't vote and that seems scummy. Not sure scum would take the risk of casting the first real suspicion but I do get that he cast suspicion on me without placing a vote to back it up. It's hard to lynch on day one. I'm not ready to vote Morgan because of this. I'd like to see more activity from others it's earl in the day.

Point noted, still early the hour to call it proper suspicion. Reginald made a similar response for your joke vote but it felt more natural, while Morgan sounded a bit more tryhard.

The reason I still put a vote on him is that I agree with Kendall's point; we have to move forward with what we have (or don't have with Lieutenant Paul in Kendall's case) at the moment. Also our great Governor has made no time restrictions for voting, clearly indicating his preferences in starting to rip the traitors out root and stem as fast as possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Robert Walsh said:

As for some serious business: Aye, I would be against day 1 lynching but voting is a fine loyalist tool to utilize, so I'm eager to see your choice with any reasoning you can append as well.

You're against lynching but for voting.   What does voting achieve if there's no threat of Lynch?  It doesn't achieve anything.  Lynching is town's main weapon.

As for me I don't like pseudovotes and explicit warnings about monitoring a fellow soldier as it is too obvious to point out. Something more likely a scum would do than actually voting. This is my reasoning at the moment. 

Vote: Morgan Marchand

'A scum would never do what I'm doing, so I can't be scum'. This pings me.  Vote: Robert Walsh

 

2 hours ago, Reginald Aston said:

For the Imperial record, I did call into question Ethan's hasty move to vote. But I did so for the well being of the men living within our fort. There are traitors in our midst! We must be 100% vigilant and find these traitors to the Crown as swiftly as possible! Our brave Lieutenant speaks truth when he says that Day 1 only brings about weak reasoning. That is why I cast no vote to begin with. I merely found Ethan's comments worthy of note and commented as such. 

You're being kinda defensive.  Why?

 

1 hour ago, Kendall Odell said:

 I’m going to place my vote for Lieutenant Paul, our first mate, who has not commented on the situation at all. Speak up man!

Don't speak to me like that, you ... you sponge monkey.  This is what, the second time you've said anything?  What about the others who haven't spoken, William Mitchell, Louis Townsend, Zachary Mercier?  Did you just work down from the top of the list?  It's an easy scum move, voting for those who haven't spoken yet.

 

1 hour ago, Ethan Dunn said:

opsy! I didn't intend to have my joke vote make it to a tally.

Unote: Arthur Hargrave but I'm watching your squashy face!

What difference does it make if it's in a tally or not?  You better try harder to unvote then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Paul LaPointe said:

What difference does it make if it's in a tally or not?  You better try harder to unvote then.

I intended to unvote once the joke got a couple laughs and responses. With it in the tally anyone scanning the thread might think there's something to Arthur thats scummy and not just bad photoshopp. I guess I'll try harder? :look: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Paul LaPointe said:

'A scum would never do what I'm doing, so I can't be scum'. This pings me.  Vote: Robert Walsh

Intentionally or not but you misinterpret my reasoning.

8 hours ago, Robert Walsh said:

As for me I don't like pseudovotes and explicit warnings about monitoring a fellow soldier as it is too obvious to point out. Something more likely a scum would do than actually voting. This is my reasoning at the moment. 

Vote: Morgan Marchand

This is clearly not the same what you've implicated. Not making a vote myself after my very own statement would make me less consistent, don't you agree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bob said:

With 16 players, a majority of 9 is required. About 55 hours or so remain in Day One.

Wow! I knew the days were getting longer, but I had no idea it was to this extent!

Edited by Reginald Aston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ethan Dunn said:

I intended to unvote once the joke got a couple laughs and responses. With it in the tally anyone scanning the thread might think there's something to Arthur thats scummy and not just bad photoshopp. I guess I'll try harder? :look: 

Not helping your case which was nonexistent prior to you making it with these latest remarks of yours. 

Vote: Ethan Dunn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arthur Hargrave said:

Not helping your case which was nonexistent prior to you making it with these latest remarks of yours. 

Vote: Ethan Dunn

What is your issue with what Ive said?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reginald Aston said:

Wow! I knew the days were getting longer, but I had no idea it was to this extent!

That means much more time to spend with the flag! Its beauty speaks to my soul. I can almost understand what it saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ethan Dunn said:

What is your issue with what Ive said?

 

4 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

opsy! I didn't intend to have my joke vote make it to a tally.

This is a highly strange concern, and your explanation is equally strange.

2 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

With it in the tally anyone scanning the thread might think there's something to Arthur thats scummy and not just bad photoshop.

It was clearly a joke vote, and everyone knows that (asside from Morgon lol), so for you to be concerned for yourself makes me think your paranoid, and your concern for me is simply a cover.

 

Just now, Liam Webb said:

That means much more time to spend with the flag! Its beauty speaks to my soul. I can almost understand what it saying.

Right. I've had enough. If he's lynched then we hang him from the flagpole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul LaPointe said:

 

Don't speak to me like that, you ... you sponge monkey.  This is what, the second time you've said anything?  What about the others who haven't spoken, William Mitchell, Louis Townsend, Zachary Mercier?  Did you just work down from the top of the list?  It's an easy scum move, voting for those who haven't spoken yet.

 

 

*bash* *bash* *bash* 

Sponge Monkey!!? Now listen here you unmusically talented man. I will not be spoken to like that! I fail to see how it is an easy scum move. If a player isn’t saying anything/contributing that isn’t helpful for the town (or whatever alignment they are). They aren’t helping anyone. My vote for you was more of a prod than anything else. I could’ve worded that better. But now that you have spoken up and voted I will: 

Unvote: Paul Lapointe

2 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

I intended to unvote once the joke got a couple laughs and responses. With it in the tally anyone scanning the thread might think there's something to Arthur thats scummy and not just bad photoshopp. I guess I'll try harder? :look: 

Would they? Even if a fellow mate did think there was something scummy going on with Arthur the first thing they would do is read up the thread and realise it was a merely a joke vote. I mean at least your vote provoked a discussion so I won’t complain there. 

*bash bash bash*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

This is a highly strange concern, and your explanation is equally strange.

It was clearly a joke vote, and everyone knows that (asside from Morgon lol), so for you to be concerned for yourself makes me think your paranoid, and your concern for me is simply a cover.

I don't know what to tell you other than that I was asked a question and I responded to it. Its not like I had that concern when I voted. I had the concern when I saw it oficially tallied. I didn't want my joke to distract to much from the real votes. I dont think I'm being paranoid just attempting to be courteous. 

Just now, Kendall Odell said:

Would they? Even if a fellow mate did think there was something scummy going on with Arthur the first thing they would do is read up the thread and realise it was a merely a joke vote. I mean at least your vote provoked a discussion so I won’t complain there. 

Good point. I didn't think that far ahead. I just felt bad when I saw the joke vote in the official tally like it was bad mafia etiquet. ffs, I didn't think I'd be talking so much about one statement.

Now that you've unvoted your poke, are you still suspicious of Morgan? Your post said it seemed like he was trying to get people to gang up on me. Your statement could look like you're trying to get people to gang up on him. Put that together with your odd statement for voting but not lynching on day one and the whole post seems fishy to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vote Count: 
Morgan Marchand - 1 (Robert Walsh)
Robert Walsh - 1 (Paul LaPointe)
Ethan Dunn - 1 (Arthur Hargrave)

About 49 hours or so remain in Day One.

3 hours ago, Paul LaPointe said:

Vote: Robert Walsh

4 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

Unote: Arthur Hargrave 

1 hour ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

Vote: Ethan Dunn

 

 

1 hour ago, Reginald Aston said:

Wow! I knew the days were getting longer, but I had no idea it was to this extent!

Please don't edit your posts! Since this is day one, I'll give a warning. Next time it has to be penalty votes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scacre bleu, I go take a nap and there’s heated debate. 

Ethan, joke votes always count. It does tend to get us all into trouble, read the most recent book. Now Morgan seeming to not take it as a joke seems suspect, but Ethan is fairly defensive as well. Could there be something going on between the two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bob said:

Please don't edit your posts! Since this is day one, I'll give a warning. Next time it has to be penalty votes. 

My sincerest apologies! I added the word "the", then remembered this is a Mafia thread and that I wasn't supposed to do that. Won't happen again Sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Arthur Hargrave said:

Right. I've had enough. If he's lynched then we hang him from the flagpole

Fair enough. Easy to notice three different patterns here:

  1. Some fellow soldiers do not contribute at all to the conversation
  2. Some of us have talked a lot without actually saying anything
  3. Some of us were active to find tells even if they were weak/projected ones

Paul also questioned my disbelief in lynching first day while I was advocating voting (which is not by all means the same). Let it be clear that I can be a business partner in lynching somebody on the flagpole, even on Day One. As for now, I'm going to wait out a response from Morgan to prove me wrong in my hunch in any way he finds appropiate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I stood watch on the wall, I took the opportunity to observe my fellows.  Some were acting decidedly odd, but after having been cooped up together for years some 'quirkiness' of the mind was expected.

Thanks to my parents wanting a better life for me, I had learned my letters and numbers at an early age.  This had given me the opportunity to read a great number of books, including some treatise on similar situations such as the one the fort's occupants presently found itself in.  One common theme was that infiltrators tended to act helpful, almost to the extreme, as they attempted to generate empathy between themselves and their victims.  This could tend to over-correction and an argument to save everyone.  One person had acted in that manner this fine morning.

11 hours ago, Robert Walsh said:

Let me join you me ol' pal Kendall with a trumpety trump! * Too-too-too-too-toooooom...TOOM! *

As for some serious business: Aye, I would be against day 1 lynching but voting is a fine loyalist tool to utilize, so I'm eager to see your choice with any reasoning you can append as well.

As for me I don't like pseudovotes and explicit warnings about monitoring a fellow soldier as it is too obvious to point out. Something more likely a scum would do than actually voting. This is my reasoning at the moment. 

Vote: Morgan Marchand

Trumpeter Walsh's jovial "I'll go along with the majority" statement rang false to me.  His deliberate pointing out how a scummy pirate would behave, ahead any true accusation against him, also appeared to be a hasty and nervous defense.  Such as one might do after a miss-step.

Taking a deep breath of the early morning air, I realized I was very suspicious of Robert Walsh and would be unless some other information came to light.

Vote: ROBERT WALSH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ansel Michel said:

Scacre bleu, I go take a nap and there’s heated debate. 

Ethan, joke votes always count. It does tend to get us all into trouble, read the most recent book. Now Morgan seeming to not take it as a joke seems suspect, but Ethan is fairly defensive as well. Could there be something going on between the two?

Does this sound like one of those old-timey tv shows to anyone else? Like Zorro? What will happen to our hero? Who is this masked nemesis hes fighting? Will they fall off the cliff? Tune in next week to find out and don't forget to drink you ovaltine.

Could there be something going on between us tow, Ansel? Why dont you tell us because this is to similar to what other people have already said about others casting suspicion but not voting. Except you dont even fully explain your suspicion you just leave it for others to do it for you. Its odd.

(ALso thanks for the advice though. this is harder than I thought. Its one thing to watch and a total other thing to play.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warren Pratt said:

Trumpeter Walsh's jovial "I'll go along with the majority" statement rang false to me.  His deliberate pointing out how a scummy pirate would behave, ahead any true accusation against him, also appeared to be a hasty and nervous defense.  Such as one might do after a miss-step.

Taking a deep breath of the early morning air, I realized I was very suspicious of Robert Walsh and would be unless some other information came to light.

Vote: ROBERT WALSH

I was not going along with the majority in my opinion, just the opposite:

14 hours ago, Robert Walsh said:

Anyway, do we agree that Ethan's impudent remarks towards a commanding officer was just mere joke? Clearly a good basis to give him a bad name if someone would take the opportunity on the other hand.

I was already trying to imply that Morgan was too eagerly jumping on the opportunity to call out an obvious joke vote as scummy a bit too seriously. This is the bases of my hunch and nothing more, yes.

Also I was the first to actually point this out by a vote myself. There is no majority here, only a couple of other fellow soldiers pointing out the same but not going for it yet. Maybe they're waiting for a response from Morgan, which I'm doing as well by the way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys hear our flag?? It’s whispering to me! 
it said

“Protect... me... Don’t... vote... yet... it... is... foolish...”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If nous sommes Françaises or something like that, then surely we should use the guillotine to head off this conspiracy.

6 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

I intended to unvote once the joke got a couple laughs and responses. With it in the tally anyone scanning the thread might think there's something to Arthur thats scummy and not just bad photoshopp. I guess I'll try harder? :look: 

Huh? If you cast a vote, then it gets counted. What else would one expect? I thought Morgan was dumb for taking you so seriously, but I guess you're even dumber.

Just now, Liam Webb said:

Do you guys hear our flag?? It’s whispering to me! 
it said

“Protect... me... Don’t... vote... yet... it... is... foolish...”

Is this just flavour or is it a serious entreaty not to vote? Do you have anything to contribute besides admiration of our flag?

On 3/18/2020 at 6:43 PM, Bob said:

Mitchell Lahore - Seaman

@Mitchell LaHore is that your father's name or did your mother give it to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ethan Dunn said:

Does this sound like one of those old-timey tv shows to anyone else? Like Zorro? What will happen to our hero? Who is this masked nemesis hes fighting? Will they fall off the cliff? Tune in next week to find out and don't forget to drink you ovaltine.

Could there be something going on between us tow, Ansel? Why dont you tell us because this is to similar to what other people have already said about others casting suspicion but not voting. Except you dont even fully explain your suspicion you just leave it for others to do it for you. Its odd.

(ALso thanks for the advice though. this is harder than I thought. Its one thing to watch and a total other thing to play.)

What the hell is a tv? And I apologize, I was writing from my mobile parchment when I wrote. I was suggesting was repartee between you two could be a planned game, yet that could be rather silly. I do read old romance tales. Get the town to focus on two different people. Or, one of you could be scum trying to drum up conspiracy. Or you both could be town and barking up the wrong tree.

And you are welcome for the advice.

1 hour ago, Elijah Hendry said:

@Mitchell LaHore is that your father's name or did your mother give it to you?

:pir-laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.