jlassen

Elven Square Assemble (MOC) In Progress

So I've been working on an "Elves" Inspired Modular set that mirrors the Assembly Square Modular Layout. This will be another modular on my "Shadow Goblin Lane"

First building for the square will be a bakery.

I started out with 41074 as a visual inspiration.

Sv9CO-jcIr3_gYv6j_33bx41Qdu0K_TUhgVGv3y-

Here's my planned layout of square. The bakery will eventually be three stories.

MOgOzlaJ9V3RiVi2scvKAIi8Cp7uWeIb-1Lbh-yB

I wanted to emphasize curves, add some trees, and make the oven the center piece of the ground floor.

EtaZc9ENJv9pTd5BMnChPzy1MylPxmM-dRcCUyRv  

I also want to use the wooden doorways as a recurring motif across my Elves Assemble Square. They are a pain in the megablocks and take up too much space.. but Sometimes its fun to tie one hand behind your back.

There are two walkup counters on the ground floor, front and back, and the 2nd floor has a fireplace and large balcony for patrons to chill and eat baked goods.

oCG0deZ_yGbAPNqAnUhf4xUWV3Y_O5Nh9ccCBvMY

The back cobblestones aren't right.. but its a work in progress. Some kind of repeating pattern like this radiating out from the fountain might be fun..

The other buildings on the square will probably be pretty close to the Assembly square buildings. You can see I've reversed the layout and the two buildings with the shared wall are on the opposed side. But I love the dumpster bucket roof of the center building of Assembly Square... and will mainly just be recoloring  the rightmost "victorian" building of Assembly Square.  I don't think I can get the wooden door arch to fit diagonally in any kind of reliable way, so I may keep a normal door there.

I was going to make the fountain a variation of Nadias Secret spa with a waterfall wall on the first level of the center building. but just not enough rough and too busy with it crammed in there.

dec169e4-e00d-4857-88b5-b077d9366f38_1.8

Bakery coming along.  3 story frontage worked out... and I'm happy with the balconies.

2nd story front facade seems a bit frumpy. I might need to redesign it to better integrate with the Wooden columns of third story... Also should go with recessed windows to alternate the third floor

l1nVw0imMiU4CyZ7N1GCouZlrNCtfzMYAHT_CULd

Great concept, and the bakery is coming along very nicely.  I don't think there is anything frumpy about it.

Looking forward to seeing it progress!

That’s a really interesting idea.  Very clever. Never thought of anything like it.  I look forward to seeing how this develops.  Have you done anything similar with other themes?

8 hours ago, jus1973 said:

That’s a really interesting idea.  Very clever. Never thought of anything like it.  I look forward to seeing how this develops.  Have you done anything similar with other themes?

I did a rework of Goblin Fortress, and Reginas Shadow Castle. It was the fun I had with these two that led me to the more challenging bit of trying to capture the elven tree-based set's character as more traditional Modular building. 

8TdS2DzX1Jj3WVsbo25ILgfc2eSOxs51hdVfX9Xp

But to address you question about other themes, Sort of.  I did some friends conversions... here's an earlier one.  And I did a 3-story modular of one of the friends grocery stores/market kits very early on. Not sure I have a digital file for that one.

And I've kicked around converting some of the Disney princess ones... somewhere on the hard drive is an early build of Rapunze's castle, done up as a 16x32 modular, with an awsome 3 story central spiral staircase.  I'll probably go back to it at some point. 

Edited by jlassen

Progress on my three story Bakery!

First change from last iteration was to inset the windows instead having them overhang. Made my flower boxes look better, and also gave me a slightly better looking roofline on the side.

I added planter boxes on the third floor, and making them "wood" helped tie them to the window frame and break it up from the bottom brick color, and (on the front) from the magenta awning directly below it.  Flowers give a a visual tie to the first floor sidewalk flowers.

Top floor and attic floor decorative facade changed a bit... I went through a few different iterations, with 1x2 bricks but settled on the current scheme because it allowed me to reproduce the golden cupcake motif above on front door on both the 2nd floor and third floor front facade, which helps the 2nd floor not look completely separate from the third. 

The magenta panels for decoration tie nicely to the roof, and to the rest of the highlight bits (rails, steps, 2nd floor awning, etc)

I feel like the wood rails and wood Balcony on the 2nd floor feels very heavy... The Bright orange tile on that balcony really helped "Lighten" it up.  I kept the rail on the third floor Gold to keep some visual distinction between the floors, but kept the same Magenta rail and floor tile patterns.  The back features 3 arch-bricks underneath the third floor patio, and you can see the one side arch.

I've replicated the attic facade on the back, including the "wooden "beams" which stick out and have the roof resting on. I also added a row of flowers along the back.

The whole thing has a Wood and Earth on bottom, flowers petals and stems on top kind of vibe, with the wood and brick, and with the way it gets slimmer as it goes up.  I'm not sure my checkerboard "Yellow brick road is working on the back sidewalk, but its better than the earlier iteration's cobblestones.

7OcBJN5tDSomc2_o5nyf8DdEUYYXy2dPyDnWpwB3

DStv7PSZT2oG_FCCfViQkRs7UnEHeRIMqv50zPHa

3Hc9-l3wXEKWqDpGx9BeH8cQP1cuRNuwf8ql5_R6

its kind of crazy how BIG this bakery feels, when set next to the other Buildings on Shadow Goblin Lane.  The full hieght thrid floor and the Barn Roof are part of it... but having the side open with visible details really adds to this. This is why the French Restuarnt looks "bigger," too, IMO.

Either way, I feel this bakery won't be dwarfed by the other buildings from "Assembly Square/Elves Square"

VKT08KffuqID8Mgj4cV_Bi5xWDEjs3D456KSQckB