Bob

Star Trek 2 Mafia - Day Five

star_trek_mafia_2_banner.png

Day Five - Ethics

img_3024.jpg

"Not quite!" a voice called out.

img_3025.jpg

Who else but Q appeared in the captain's chair.

"Unfortunately you've lynched the wrong person again. The Klingon was a townie."

"When is this game going to be over, Q?" Picard asked.

"As soon as you find my final scum. Best of luck!"

---

With four players, a majority of three is required to lynch. 48 hours remain in the day. 
With four players, a majority of three is required to extend the day an extra 24 hours for a maximum of 72 hours.

Players (4):
picard.jpg
Captain Jean-Luc Picard - Lind Whisperer
riker.jpg
Commander William T. Riker - Darkdragon
troi.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Deanna Troi - Hinckley
wesley.jpg
Ensign Wesley Crusher - Pandora

Lost in Space (4):
crusher.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Beverly Crusher - mostlytechnic (scum)
laforge.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Geordi LaForge - KotZ (town)
data.jpg
Lieutenant Commander Data - Trekkie99 (town)
worf.jpg
Lieutenant Worf - Fugazi (town)

Rules (Please Read!)
1) There are eight players. Two of those players are Q's scum. The other six are loyal Starfleet Officers. There are no third party players.
2) A game day will last for a minimum of 48 hours. You may vote at any time during the day. You must vote. A player must be lynched every day or else. A majority of players can vote to extend the day by 24 hours once, meaning the day would be a maximum of 72 hours. This majority has to be reached before the 48 hour mark.
3) There are no night actions in this game. The Starfleet Officers win by voting out all of Q's scum and the scum win by outnumbering or tying the town in a parity.
4) Use the power of the vote to win this game.
5) The alignment of players that have been voted out will be revealed the next day.
6) Under the honor rule, there will be no PMing in this game, except for the scum
7) Don't quote anything that the host sends you via PM
8) Once you are voted out, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players.
9) Don't edit your posts!
10) There's no clues anywhere.
11) You must post in every day thread! 

Edited by Bob

4 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

It could just be coincidence but I noticed that his posting stepped up since you started taking notice of him.

Im a lot more active during the work day because I'm at the PC all day :blush: Any other time, I'm on my phone which truly sucks.

4 hours ago, Hinckley said:

That "I'll be around to answer questions" really pinged me for some reason. I don't watch the show. Is it a roleplay thing? Is Riker the information booth?

I noticed, but no idea why it would. It's a rare weeknight that I wasn't sure I'd have any connection. It's spotty but sorta working at the moment.

2 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Some of us? Has Gorf said anything about anybody but me?? :loko:

Hey, how Scummy would I look if allowed a night kill?

It seems scummy to ask how scummy it would seem. Worf seemed to be laser focused on Wesley, but threw a couple little accusations out toward the end basically hitting everyone. Like you said, we are all scum and we are all town.

2 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Well, do.

What happens if Fworg is town? Who will you advocate then?

This is not what I wanted to quote but I can't do anything about that now. So what I'm wondering is why nobody but myself has even looked at Picard since Day 1? His posts havent been of substance and you accuse me of flying below the radar? I think everyone got so focused on the Wes/Worf show that nothing else mattered. I tried to point out scummyness a couple times but the walls of accusations drowned me out. 

Is it possible scum-Deanna or scum-Wesley thought Worf was a more important player to take out of play? That is very possible. I think he was the most dangerous one of us left in the game. His ability to see through cleverly crafted defenses was terrifying to one of you, obviously.

56 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I. Hate. All. Of. You.

Now that hurts.

20 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

Now that hurts.

Sowwy. :cry_happy: That was an emotional reaction. I really :wub: all of you!

I was going to be patient and wait to see what everyone said before voicing my thoughts, but patience is not my strong suit and something is boiling behind my eyes. Not to mention, being quiet and waiting wasn't a good strategy yesterday.

Vote: Wesley Crusher (Pandora)

I cannot see myself voting for anyone else today. Not only do the questions still remain over his Day One behavior, yesterday's "clarity" is just as suspicious, especially considering how Forg flipped, duh, the fact that we're all still here. I honestly can't see Picard and Riker coming together to vote with me and expect a lot of scrutiny today. I'm predicting Wesley will suddenly suspect me today. Bring it on.

Wesley's behavior yesterday to suddenly put so many people confidently in the Town column and laser-forcus on Forg is BS, in my opinion and not Wesley's typical Town game. I'm going to be decisive, for once. I can honestly see a good Scum game in all three of you, but it's Wesley's behavior that is striking me as off and, as you can all see, has from the beginning. Yes, the Beverly "defense" is not a great move and we all expect him to distance himself from a Scum buddy and that bugs me the most, but it is there to bug me. Never suspected me or voted me or went after me like he always does, especially when I'm Town and I know we have to trust our guts sometimes, but the gut certainty he went forward with yesterday towards Forg pings me. Enough is absolutely enough. History is repeating itself. Feel free to lynch me today, guys, but that will definitely leave the three of you in a Day Six tomorrow. For me, if Wesley is Town, I can't go into Day Six with all of these questions remaining. I am going to stick to my vote today.

I'm going to repeat that over and over to myself, to make sure I don't do the same thing again, a fourth day in a fucking row.

8 hours ago, Bob said:

"Unfortunately you've lynched the wrong person again. The Klingon was a townie."

What in the unholy bollocks?

Worf, I shall send you a muffin arrangement in the shape of a Bat'leth. :sad:

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I cannot see myself voting for anyone else today.

That's fine. I was trying to nope out of here yesterday. I don't wanna be involved in the meltdown of Day Six. :tongue: 

I'm predicting Wesley will suddenly suspect me today. Bring it on.

Actually, no, but more on that later.

Wesley's behavior yesterday to suddenly put so many people confidently in the Town column and laser-forcus on Forg is BS, in my opinion and not Wesley's typical Town game.

Well, actually it is, but you'll see that tomorrow.

For me, if Wesley is Town, I can't go into Day Six with all of these questions remaining. I am going to stick to my vote today.

I'm going to repeat that over and over to myself, to make sure I don't do the same thing again, a fourth day in a fucking row.

That's fine. I said it was fine yesterday, it's still fine today.

OK, so where my head is at the moment is.... I don't even know. I was asked yesterday what I would think if Forg came up town, and I said I'd look back at what everyone had said and make a case. Mulling it over, I actually can't pick one out of the three of you. Normally I'd have a logical next step, but I just don't have one here. You all seem pretty Town really (and Deanna's said something similar) so the bizarre thing is that Occam's Razor would suggest that the answer is that you're all actually Town. :sceptic: 

So running with that thought (bearing in mind I'm not scum, and I honestly have had to check that I'm not scum!) maybe Beverly wasn't scum until the point that she was lynched? Like a Schrödinger's scum? Nobody started off scum, but whoever got lynched day one became scum one and there isn't another scum and we're actually playing against Q, not each other? I know how batshit this sounds, but you're going to lynch me anyway. :shrug_oh_well:

Almighty Bob the Computer is a veteran; he's seen a lot of crazy and he knows how to craft a game. We know there's a twist with this one, because we know about the no night actions and no PMing (thank Bob for that! Imagine the insanity if there had been PMing!) so maybe this is more of an experiment that we thought. The rules do say there are two scum, so that's a biiiiig no against all this, but the rules are not the standard rules. And when we said "what happens if we don't vote? Will the scum get a night kill?" Bob's answer of ".... yeah, sure... :look: " might be considered to represent that actually there aren't any scum to kill us at night, but he had to say something. :sceptic: It still doesn't say in the rules what happens if we don't vote, and Riker even chided Bob the Computer over this. Is this all just Q messing with us? For Deanna's sake: Q is a little bit like a sort of Loki character, except not really.

Anyway, if this is all just a simulation I'd like it to stop please. Computer - end holodeck programme Q's game please? Vote: Q (Bob) ?

This feels insane, but it's not like there isn't precedent. I don't expect Deanna to unvote me, and I really am fine with being lynched because I don't think I'd be much help tomorrow. 

Wesley's log, supplemental:

Why is today called "Ethics"? I get all the other titles I think, but not this one.

6 hours ago, Pandora said:

Anyway, if this is all just a simulation I'd like it to stop please. Computer - end holodeck programme Q's game please? Vote: Q (Bob) ?

*huh*

On 2/11/2020 at 3:18 PM, Bob said:

Hello! I am again looking for eight intrepid players to sign up for a quick-shot mafia game. A couple of things to note for this game, as some things are different to the previous Star Trek Mafia.

- The day will last for 48 hours and you must vote during that time, and at any time.
- Something else that's new and unusual, a majority of players can vote to extend the day period by 24 hours, but only once, meaning the day would be a maximum of 72 hours. The majority has to be reached before the 48 hour mark.
- Someone must be voted out every day.
- There are no night actions and as a result, there will barely be a night phase. 

In this game, you'll have to use the power of your vote to win. It's an exercise to see who is the most silver-tongued on Eurobricks. If there is a major interest and sudden influx of people, I could increase the amount of players. Even if eight people signed up before you, still signal your interest.

So, no. There's nothing innovative or experimental about this. Like the first game, there are two Scum, no Night Actions, we use our vote as Town and our silver-tongues as Scum. Who has been the silver-tongueiest? Wesley. Please, do not let him convince you to vote for the host, because that will only result in the Scum, likely Wesley, a night kill. I've analyzed everybody's posts and behavior to the nth degree and you're all Scum and you're all Town. But, all things considered, I think Wesley is the best bet for us today. I truly, and finally strongly, believe that he is the Scummiest among us.

Maybe Wesley thought it would be easier to explain away his behavior away on Day One, trying to steer the lynch away from Beverly. Maybe he didn't realize he'd have two players that never let it go. Yesterday's behavior of being absolutely sure that Forg was Scum and today being "Oh gee, maybe none of us are Scum and it's like witch hunt and we need to vote for the host." No.

Beverly didn't know she was Scum? Scum don't know they're Scum until they're lynched? There's no informed minority there, there's only an informed host and that isn't Mafia, and it isn't in the spirit of the host's own words "It's an exercise to see who is the most silver-tongued on Eurobricks." This entire line of thought is 10 times more bonkers than lynching Forg. Please do not let Wesley convince you that we need to question the mechanics of the entire game because I believe he's just trying to confuse us into making, yet another, stupid mistake.

*Where would the opportunity to be silver-tongued be if the players didn't know they were Scum? :hmpf:

We don't have much to work on, so I'll throw this info out there: I was stalking Riker and he was online, but not here, he was using Personal Messenger. He went idle and I saw Beverly had just come online so I stalked her too and she went immediately to Personal Messenger. This is circumstantial evidence of perhaps nothing, since we live in a multiverse here with lots of places and activities besides the bridge of this nerdy ship, but it did happen.

34 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

We don't have much to work on, so I'll throw this info out there: I was stalking Riker and he was online, but not here, he was using Personal Messenger. He went idle and I saw Beverly had just come online so I stalked her too and she went immediately to Personal Messenger. This is circumstantial evidence of perhaps nothing, since we live in a multiverse here with lots of places and activities besides the bridge of this nerdy ship, but it did happen.

:laugh: That's some real paranoid stretching and old-school stalking, almost as bad as what Wes came up with. Yeah, I was getting the mailing address for secret late Santa.  You want proof, I can snap a pic of the box i just taped up (taking it to the post office in about an hour from now)?

7 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

You want proof,

Yes, please? :blush:

Not of the box, but of the PM. Screen cap with timestamps, please.

:wacko:

Just now, Hinckley said:

Yes, please? :blush:

Not of the box, but of the PM. Screen cap with timestamps, please.

:wacko:

The PM with the address is from December, I don't know how that will help? 

Here's the datestamp on the image and the image (with addresses removed of course) :roflmao: Honestly, you're cracking me up with this level of paranoia.

You can look elsewhere for a timestamp on when I said it would be arriving soon. Wes can too, for that matter if he cares to.

I've played enough that if i was going to be talking a scum buddy I would have covered my tracks and you'd have never known :wink:

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

I think the level of paranoia Deanna has shown today is proof enough for me that she is not scum.   So at least there's that question resolved for me.

So, no. There's nothing innovative or experimental about this.

/Raaaant/

:hmpf:

Yeah, alright, I was just throwing an idea out there. I didn't say unvote me or anything like that, I was just losing my mind. Still am, I think. I don't shout at you when you lose your mind, so you don't have to shout at me. :sceptic: I'm not trying to manipulate or get people to unvote or anything, I'm just trying to make sense of things. If I had just been taken by the Rapture to discover everybody having a lovely time in Ten Forward (the bar, before you ask) then I would have been very happy. That hasn't happened, clearly, but it would have been quite pleasant nonetheless.

I truly, and finally strongly, believe that he is the Scummiest among us.

Yeah, you mentioned. Day Six is gonna suck balls for you if you're Town. I always look like the Scummiest, it is what it is. :def_shrug:

Yesterday's behavior of being absolutely sure that Forg was Scum and today being "Oh gee, maybe none of us are Scum and it's like witch hunt and we need to vote for the host." No.

I'm bummed out that Forg was actually town after all that, and I think you might be a Game Day behind me in that respect. Maybe. Depends if you're Town or not.

1 hour ago, Darkdragon said:

:laugh: That's some real paranoid stretching and old-school stalking, almost as bad as what Wes came up with.

Sometimes paranoid stretching actually pays off. Sometimes, it is also actually correct. It certainly doesn't hurt to kick ideas around. :shrug_oh_well:

20 minutes ago, Pandora said:

Sometimes paranoid stretching actually pays off. Sometimes, it is also actually correct. It certainly doesn't hurt to kick ideas around. :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah, it's really all we have right now I suppose.

Speaking of paranoid stalking, I noticed Picard around for a while earlier but didn't post anything in here. Maybe he is just waiting for two votes on someone so he can come hammer it with an easy excuse on Day 6 that he was just in agreement and had nothing to add. It's a pretty persistent pattern so far.

12 hours ago, Pandora said:

This is not Witch Hunt Mafia Redux.

Vote Count:
Wesley Crusher / Pandora - 1 (Hinckley)

With 4 players left, a majority of 3 if required to lynch. About 27 hours remain in Day Five.

41 minutes ago, Bob said:

Flag on the play! Host interference.

Hmmmmmmm...

3 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Yeah, it's really all we have right now I suppose.

Speaking of paranoid stalking, I noticed Picard around for a while earlier but didn't post anything in here. Maybe he is just waiting for two votes on someone so he can come hammer it with an easy excuse on Day 6 that he was just in agreement and had nothing to add. It's a pretty persistent pattern so far.

What are you waiting on? Any answer to the question I asked yesterday or the analysis I did of your posts?

Why am I the only one who has voted?

Why did the host answer Wesley's vote and throw me off in my thinking? Would the host interfere in a Scum tactic? Would he correct a Townie making them potentially look more Townie by answering the question of if it's a witch hunt or not.

I'm still floored that Wesley might honestly think that Beverly wouldn't know she was Scum until she was lynched. :hmpf:

4 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

What are you waiting on? Any answer to the question I asked yesterday or the analysis I did of your posts?

Waiting on for voting? Well I was hoping Picard would show up and say something or anyone at all would either agree or disagree with me about his behavior.

I thought I answered everything you've asked, what did I miss? As I mentioned yesterday when replying to you, I was on my phone and you know how quoting things goes with that

I saw you pick apart a bunch of posts made by not-me before I got here and honestly that's something I won't answer to or for because I have know idea what that person was thinking or doing.

It seems you are just grasping at straws here and I don't really see anything to respond to exactly. I've put my ideas out there as best I can, I've tried to explain why I suspect certain people. I've never been very good at explaining my way of thinking or getting people to see what I see, but that doesn't negate the fact that I try.

It really feels like everyone is getting tired and ready to end it. Maybe even the last scum just wants to be lynched so it can end.

The thing I was hoping for is we could all look at one person, if figured you know I want to vote the same as I have been for the same reasons I've gone over multiple times. Splitting the vote today won't help us at all though, it will cause a Day 6 and one of us will not be here for it.

Though I'm wavering based on this day existing and things that have been pointed out by you and the strange posting today, I still don't feel right voting for Wes. I was thinking you were scum if Word was town, but in today's interactions I do not see that as the case at all. That leaves me with Wes and Picard and of the two my strongest suspicion is still the Captain.

So I'll vote with what I feel is the way to go and you can keep yours where it is, move it to Picard or move it to me as you see fit.

Vote: Picard (Lind)

7 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

So then there will be a Day Six...

There doesn't have to be. Can you tell me why you have zero suspicion of Picard? I am open to the possibility of being wrong here, there is only one scum left so we don't have to worry that it looks like defending a scum buddy. I won't just fall blindly into a vote but I am willing to vote with people. I'd just like someone to to say why they think I'm wrong first. It feels like everyone has given up or trying to fly way under the radar today.

I'm up for about another hour tonight.

I've already voiced my suspicions about Picard and his behavior at the end of Day Three with letting the vote drag out, possibly to garner a night kill. And one can say he got pretty close to that yesterday as well. Is that enough for me to vote for him? I don't know! I have reason to vote for all three of you. What do you think about his behavior with Data's lynch at the end of Day Three? Wesley seems to think it makes Picard the Towniest of Town. I don't necessarily agree.

And what do you make of the bonkers proposal Wesley made about voting the host out?

Yeah, I remember people were suspicious of him and then just suddenly not and then the craziness with Data. I put it up to hyperfocing on someone else, not just you I mean all suspicion was dropped by most folks. It makes some sense at first though since he was replaced and we can't judge the new Picard by what the old Picard did and said. I've been looking at current behavior and still find it suspicious enough for my vote to remain.

His behavior after the Data lynch is bizarre. I mean making such a big deal about the promise? Acting as if he is suddenly proven as the towniest of townies because Data flipped town? It all just makes me very uneasy. I don't understand why Wes is so keen on that interaction clearing Picard. Then again, he was the same way with Bev and we know how that turned out. Death is truly the only way any of us are cleared in this game.

7 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

What do you think about his behavior with Data's lynch at the end of Day Three? Wesley seems to think it makes Picard the Towniest of Town. I don't necessarily agree.

And what do you make of the bonkers proposal Wesley made about voting the host out? 

Wesley's first reaction to the day was strange to say the least. Was it a cleverly crafted post by the last scum to look like an exasperated townie? Maybe. Was it a truly exasperated townie who really thought the game was over? Maybe. Wesley keeps saying to vote him and then we can see for ourselves - another scum plan or town sacrifice? I don't know, I don't have the solution to this.

I see many of the points you've made today in regard to Wesley and I agree it is suspicious. Like you I am unsure it's enough to change my vote but we still have around 20 hours so no need to panic yet. If we choose the right person today then we can all finally be free to work on some MOCs, June is coming fast.

Vote Count:
Wesley Crusher / Pandora - 1 (Hinckley)
Jean-Luc Picard / Lind Whispherer  - 1 (Darkdragon)

With 4 players left, a majority of 3 if required to lynch. About 15 hours remain in Day Five.

12 hours ago, Bob said:

Well, I had to ask. :sceptic: 

9 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I'm still floored that Wesley might honestly think that Beverly wouldn't know she was Scum until she was lynched. :hmpf:

You can park your sanctimonious attitude, Deanna. We're on Day FIVE and I have been defending myself from being lynched since the end of Day One, and these have all been extended days with little-to-no night phase, so I am pretty exhausted. Crazy shit happens sometimes, and I explored that, that's all. I also mooted the idea that it would just be that whoever got lynched Day One became scum one, it's an interesting idea, and not completely out of character for some of the things that have been tried here before, so you don't need to scoff at it, thank you.

7 hours ago, Hinckley said:

What do you think about his behavior with Data's lynch at the end of Day Three? Wesley seems to think it makes Picard the Towniest of Town. I don't necessarily agree.

I didn't say it made him the Towniest of Town; I don't think anyone deserves that title.

Having been faced with a terrifying revelation that I'm probably here until the bitter end, I may as well return to maximum effort. Riker doesn't seem to want to vote me out, and neither it would seem would Picard. Keeping me here continues to distract Troi, and if we lynch wrongly today then the scum have a better chance of standing up against me tomorrow, especially with Troi wanting my blood. That said, it appears that Riker's motives are more because he believes Picard to be scum; Picard hasn't made a similar case about anyone else today, because he hasn't actually said anything else today, despite, as Riker has pointed out (and I've checked) being around relatively recently. 

I looked back at the events surrounding Data's suicide. I said afterwards that I didn't think Picard would do that if he were scum because with a no lynch he could choose who to kill, but then the converse is also true, in retrospect. If Picard is scum he'd have known Data was town and another dead townie is another dead townie. It's weird to read it again but so is this.

Picard went from :

On 2/27/2020 at 6:10 AM, Kristel said:

Vote:Wesley (Pandora) because he has developed a split personality and I'm just not buying the responses.  Worf's reasoning for voting for Wesley yesterday is pretty much why I am voting for Wesley today, he just said it much more eloquently.  Odd statement given he is s Klingon, but true.

To:

On 2/29/2020 at 2:13 AM, Lind Whisperer said:

Wesley = 50/50. Leaning town/bad scum player.

At the time I was just plain relieved that I wasn't going to be lynched after all, but this is a massive change in opinion. I chalked it up to Picard's new personality just having a different take on things, but it could just as easily have been a change of strategy: to keep me around to torment Town. 

I went and looked through a few things, like that thought experiment on who we would have killed. :wacko:  I can kinda see why one might do that in the first place, maybe, but it remains an odd thing to do. And it gives a weird idea about the interactions. Like he said he thought I wouldn't have killed Troi because she creates confusion, but I don't see how Troi creates confusion - @Lind Whisperer Picard could you please expand on that? And saying everyone would have killed him (except me) is also... odd. Hmmm.

I started going through things thinking that I would probably see why Picard is so scummy, but I actually don't. *huh* I don't see him saying he'd vote for himself as all that scummy - a scum doing that would be a terrible idea - what if they actually ended up lynched like Data did? It would be incredibly risky play. 

So then I start down the road that it must be Riker, then, right? Except, no, I don't think so from re-reading his posts. It is possible that Beverly wanted to vote him out Day One because she thought he wouldn't show and Bev could look like a good little Townie, but I think most of his posts have been on the level. It is more likely that Bev was picking an easy target.

So then it must be Troi, except Troi has been trying very hard to lynch me which... hang on a minute! :oh: 

Actually, that doesn't necessarily make her scum, and it has been consistent-ish. It's the easiest 'case' to make as it's all already been made. Maybe there's a sense of pride that she wants to get me lynched exactly because I've managed to avoid it for so long? I dunno. She highlighted the "silver-tongued" bit when pointing out my mind-meltdown earlier. Maybe not. She would, however, be able to handle a final day with Riker and Picard both suspecting each other and it is most certainly within the scope of her expertise to fake being mentally unhinged by the occurrences of the game and it is undeniable that she has been part of my continued presence here. Thing is, though, like the other two she appears to be on the level. Damned good player, though. 

And I checked again, it's still not me. This is how I end up considering crazy stuff.

I need to think some more.

@Darkdragon Commander Riker, I know this is a tedious request, but could you lay out a few bullet points for why you think Picard's scum please? It may be that I'm just not seeing what you're seeing. 

@Hinckley Troi, do you have any thoughts about Riker? Just pretend for a moment you and I are both Town - who do you think it is?

I'm going to be busy for a while, but I should be around towards the end of the day. Not great timing, but we have company.

1 hour ago, Pandora said:

Commander Riker, I know this is a tedious request, but could you lay out a few bullet points for why you think Picard's scum please? It may be that I'm just not seeing what you're seeing. 

Yeah, it's going to take a bit and I just got into work, but I'll get it laid out as succinctly as possible.