In my car MOC, I braced both sides of most of the driven axles so when moving the axles won't wiggle out of the beams from the torque.

In the example pictures below, I was wondering if the first picture, with the brown 3L with stop is good enough for use, or if I should always place a beam in front of it to prevent the 3L from pulling itself out (as shown in the second picture).

Do I need to always prevent axles from pulling themselves out or is it fine without doing so? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

o1gmpJz.jpgZbTRhcc.jpg

I would rather use this if you need the axles to stay stationary (especially with wheels) either or you still have to use 1 stud of space to secure any axles and the brown 3 l axle with stop, would the extra beam cause some type of added friction even though its grooved enough , the spin out wards can cause more friction when the stop part of the axle rub against the beam

Technic, Axle 5.5 with Stop
Item No: 32209  Alternate Item No: 59426
dot.gif Dark Bluish Gray

32209.t1.png
32209.png
13288.t1.png
Color Images
3D/Lrg Images

Lego Technic, Axle 5.5 with Stop
Edited by sirslayer

It's not strictly a necessity to block both sides of an axle, but for a heavy motorized creations, it can be a good idea. I'd do it if you have the space.

5 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

It's not strictly a necessity to block both sides of an axle, but for a heavy motorized creations, it can be a good idea. I'd do it if you have the space.

+1.

I would even add a 1l bush (or cross beam or something 1l) between the frame and the axlejoiner on the 4l axle, so the axlejoiner/gear/1l bush are locked either way inside the frame.

Thank you for the feedback, I found something that works well...

ySexhkt.jpg5g3YaUH.jpg

In the second picture you can see I placed a 3L red axle joiner to another piece in the chassis.

Everything is going well with my car MOC and I look forward to adding the exterior parts soon! :classic: