This trailer has got four main features:

1. automatic steering axle - This is one of the best feature in this trailer. It works fully mechanically and thanks to that the turning radius is quite small.

2. adjustable collector (PF M motor)

3. extendable slide (PF M motor)

4. tracks propulsion (PF L motor located in the tractor)

The collectors reliability isn't 100% but I think it can collect paper pieces well.

If you are interested to know more about the tractor, check this video.

What a great MOC. The trailer is awesome.

Is the tractor based on something real?

It looks like a crossover between a unimog and a humvee...

That looks great. Can it collect bricks as well or do they just slide instead. I imagine sports balls / Zamor spheres would be quite difficult to collect.

2 hours ago, captainmib said:

Maybe a JCB Fastrac? 

14 hours ago, MAB said:

That looks great. Can it collect bricks as well or do they just slide instead. I imagine sports balls / Zamor spheres would be quite difficult to collect.

Thank you. It can't collect square bricks. They will stay stuck in the collecting mechanism. I think the sports balls could be possible but I don't have a lot of them.

14 hours ago, captainmib said:

What a great MOC. The trailer is awesome.

Thank you. The tractor is not completely based on something real but I've got inspired by JCB Fastrac. Anyway the similarity with JCB is poor I think.

That is a very interesting design for a potato harvester.  From what I understand, the "potatoes" are normally collected on the top of the belt.  with soil being riddled away as they progress towards the trailer.  I realise that it is very difficult to have a harvester working in the authentic manner because there is a blade which is normally working under the ground level and will bring the potatoes up and unto the riddle conveyer.  I also was working on a harvester, but could not successfully get the potatoes to travel unto the belt.
However you have done nice on the steering rear axle of the harvester. Well done!

10 hours ago, trekman said:

That is a very interesting design for a potato harvester.  From what I understand, the "potatoes" are normally collected on the top of the belt.  with soil being riddled away as they progress towards the trailer.  I realise that it is very difficult to have a harvester working in the authentic manner because there is a blade which is normally working under the ground level and will bring the potatoes up and unto the riddle conveyer.  I also was working on a harvester, but could not successfully get the potatoes to travel unto the belt.
However you have done nice on the steering rear axle of the harvester. Well done!

Thank you. Yes, it is difficult to make reliable collector. I was trying a lot of collecting mechanisms and this one, with the belt on the top, works the best.