Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

So a new Lego Avengers magazine has been leaked. In the teaseĀ for their next issue, there are some Chitauri figures from last year's Endgame sets. Is this a potential tease that Chitauris will be our army-builders for the next Avengers wave?

54 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

So a new Lego Avengers magazine has been leaked. In the teaseĀ for their next issue, there are some Chitauri figures from last year's Endgame sets. Is this a potential tease that Chitauris will be our army-builders for the next Avengers wave?

In all honesty probably not

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

It's not, it's most likely just a leftover figure they want to get rid of

25 minutes ago, Noobmaster69 said:

Do you guys think theyā€™ll even be good? Iā€™m trying save money for the eternals sets

I wouldn't count on anything special, knowing Marvel the figures will definetely be the main reason to buy the set

26 minutes ago, Noobmaster69 said:

Do you guys think theyā€™ll even be good? Iā€™m trying save money for the eternals sets

It's hard to predict with how little we know about the Eternals, but with the unique direction it's taking, there might be some pretty interesting sets in my opinion. At least something besides a helicopter hopefully.Ā :classic:

1 hour ago, nintendude64 said:

At least something besides a helicopter hopefully.Ā :classic:

Oh that sucks. I was really hoping for Sersi's motorcycle, Black Knight's jet and the Ikaris mech. Maybe even the Gilgamesh steamroller

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Oh that sucks. I was really hoping for Sersi's motorcycle, Black Knight's jet and the Ikaris mech. Maybe even the Gilgamesh steamroller

? LOL. But when reading this thing itā€™s seems to me like you guys over react when it comes to MCU sets I mean I totally believe that comic book sets would have a bunch of vehicles nobody needs butĀ not MCU sets

22 hours ago, Noobmaster69 said:

? LOL. But when reading this thing itā€™s seems to me like you guys over react when it comes to MCU sets I mean I totally believe that comic book sets would have a bunch of vehicles nobody needs butĀ not MCU sets

You're right. The only exception was Endgame, but Marvel wouldn't have allowed Lego to sell sets with any sort of pivotal information when the film was kept so tightly under wraps. Hence the overuse of Outriders and a couple of ridiculous vehicles

Finally managed to snag the Iron Man Helmet at a discount. Haven't built it yet but just looking at the box makes me excited :)

Just finished building it and it is AWESOME. Are there any other Marvel universe heroes that could be made into a similar set?

Ā 

Edited by jonwil

8 hours ago, jonwil said:

Finally managed to snag the Iron Man Helmet at a discount. Haven't built it yet but just looking at the box makes me excited :)

Just finished building it and it is AWESOME. Are there any other Marvel universe heroes that could be made into a similar set?

Ā 

I donā€™t know I think a classic wolverine would be cool

I think itā€™ll be very hard to make other sets like this since the line isĀ being sold as helmets (not busts), and I canā€™t think of any other Marvel characters that have a fully enclosed helmet. Maybe Ant-Man? Iā€™d love to see Rescue and War Machine doneĀ in this way though.Ā 

51 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think itā€™ll be very hard to make other sets like this since the line isĀ being sold as helmets (not busts), and I canā€™t think of any other Marvel characters that have a fully enclosed helmet. Maybe Ant-Man? Iā€™d love to see Rescue and War Machine doneĀ in this way though.Ā 

Ant man would be cool I donā€™t think they would do rescue and war machine thoughĀ 

What about Star Lord, he wears a helmet in one of the movies IIRC.

And what about Black Panther (Hasbro has made a "Marvel Legends Helmet" for the character so clearly its thought of as a helmet and not just a mask)

Ā 

Magnetoā€™s helmet would be cool to have. Or a Sentinelā€™s head with ripped cables underneath it

Still nothing on 2021? I feel like LEGO has nothing planned so far. If anything Iā€™m hoping for F4 or x-men sets. 2021 would be the perfect year for that because LEGO just finished a entire avengers and spider man line that wasnā€™t based off of the MCU. And considering the fact that there are now avengers movies/games coming out in 2021. I feel like it would be the perfect time to release something new. But what do you guys think? Do you think that LEGO is going to test the waters next year for fox stuff?

15 minutes ago, JosiahJVL said:

Still nothing on 2021? I feel like LEGO has nothing planned so far.

Lol LEGO has stuff planned, you just have to be patientĀ 

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Lol LEGO has stuff planned, you just have to be patientĀ 

lol, May I ask how you know?Ā 

5 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

Still nothing on 2021? I feel like LEGO has nothing planned so far. If anything Iā€™m hoping for F4 or x-men sets. 2021 would be the perfect year for that because LEGO just finished a entire avengers and spider man line that wasnā€™t based off of the MCU. And considering the fact that there are now avengers movies/games coming out in 2021. I feel like it would be the perfect time to release something new. But what do you guys think? Do you think that LEGO is going to test the waters next year for fox stuff?

Like we already told you, Eternals is most likely the first wave of sets that will come out for Marvel in 2021. We've known about those for ages but more detailed info usually doesn't come untill closer to release, if the sets still had their original releasedate we'd know more about them by now. Marvel is one of the better selling licensed themes, thinking it's done just because we haven't heard much about next year is just weird (especially considering we know almost nothing about other themes' 2021 sets either). It's all just a matter of having patience, we'll see something soon enough.

10 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

lol, May I ask how you know?Ā 

It's pretty obvious. Lego releases MarvelĀ sets every year. Of course they are going to release Marvel sets next year.

13 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

The set design process takes over a year, so no, they already have sets planned. If not, then Lego doesn't plan to sell any new products for the first third of an entire year, which is completely ridiculous. Calm down and be patient.

14 hours ago, JosiahJVL said:

This reminds me of the Lego DC fans freaking out about the DC theme ending because there were no sets for Jan 2020. Due to movies being delayed, Lego is most likely unsure of their release schedule. They don't want another Black Widow situation where the film comes out 8 months after the set (that is assuming the film is not going to be delayed further). I wouldn't worry at all about 2021 for now. For Fox stuff, I seriously doubt they'll do anything with it until Fox Marvel Studios reboots come out.

I really don't understand the panic. Obviously things are going to be delayed because of the pandemic, and Lego hasn't missed sets for a Marvel movie since the Dark World in 2013.