Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

This was me a few days ago haha. It was pretty hard to say no to the Burrow, but I'm going to wait for LEGO to have a GWP or double VIP points before getting it. DA is my #1 priority though, so I'm getting that as soon as it comes out :laugh:

I pretty much always save my big purchases for LEGO themselves, as it helps cut down the price of the Modular. I originally planned on just getting all of them from LEGO, but I grew a bit impatient so I went with the smallest. I’m hoping DA coincides with a double points. *fingers crossed*

58 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I just built the Room of Requirement and I found an decent place to put it in my Hogwarts display. I wasn't happy with connecting it on the end of either side (to the greenhouse or the Dumbledore's Office tower), so I simply placed it near the Whomping Willow part of the castle. That allowed the closet to act as an extension of it, which also reflects how it looked in the HBP. What do you all think?

https://imgur.com/a/kuURTwa

I like that a lot. I was just placing it around and was looking at that placing as well. The opposite side of the wall doesn’t exactly line up with the opening in the Willow set...but it looks good from that side. I also added the Students Pack bookshelf on the end opposite the fireplace. 

As for Rita not being included in DA because she didn’t show up in DA...that hasn’t stopped TLG in the past. They’ve shoehorned characters who don’t fit in the scene before. While she didn’t show up there, she makes the most sense there. Hell, we got Fortesque(yes, I know he technically “showed up” there, but you’d have to know where & when to look & it’s easy to miss him). 

50 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

If some of the DA shops are more based on their Universal Parks appearances as opposed to their movie appearances, I wonder if Universal would be allowed to sell the DA set in their parks. Is Universal allowed to sell any of the Harry Potter sets there?

On my last trip to Universal’s Wizarding World (October 2019), I didn’t see any LEGO sets. I did, however, see some park-exclusive Nanoblocks (:sick:) sets. Hogwarts, Hagrid’s Hut, etc. That was before the Universal / LEGO deal that was signed in April 2020 though. It’s also interesting to note that the D2C Diagon Alley teaser on the LEGO Japan website uses the glamour shot of Universal’s Wizarding World Diagon Alley as its background.

7 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

the D2C Diagon Alley teaser on the LEGO Japan website uses the glamour shot of Universal’s Wizarding World Diagon Alley as its background.

wasn't that fan made? and just picked up by some well intended website manager

28 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

On my last trip to Universal’s Wizarding World (October 2019), I didn’t see any LEGO sets. I did, however, see some park-exclusive Nanoblocks (:sick:) sets. Hogwarts, Hagrid’s Hut, etc. That was before the Universal / LEGO deal that was signed in April 2020 though. It’s also interesting to note that the D2C Diagon Alley teaser on the LEGO Japan website uses the glamour shot of Universal’s Wizarding World Diagon Alley as its background. 

Do you have a link to the website? I also thought it was the fan-made picture that was circulating on Instagram today.

11 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

Sorry for the confusion - I saw it on this post which quoted the LEGO Japan website set description leak and thought it was from LEGO. Looks like it might just be from Brickfinder though.

5 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

Being good at social media is easy too, just be as cryptic as possible and provide no explanations or sources for your info ?

Lmao, truth ??

Well, just ordered a full set of the CMF from theminifigurestore.uk says its shipping “before the 15/09” well that’s helpful ??

18 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Lmao, truth ??

Well, just ordered a full set of the CMF from theminifigurestore.uk says its shipping “before the 15/09” well that’s helpful ??

I pre-ordered mine a week ago after I became aware of the store via this forum.  Shipping before the 15th Sep and trans-Atlantic crossing time along with customs holding it to make sure it is not a Covid-ridden piece of biological material is still faster than I would be able to collect all 16 figures living in rural Canada where the nearest and only option is a Toys R Us that is a 2.5 hour round trip!  I am also also a Brit ex-pat so I trust in my English friends to get these little pieces of plastic to me with all the energy and determination that a Spitfire pilot would put into such a crucial mission!

1 minute ago, chrisincanada said:

I pre-ordered mine a week ago after I became aware of the store via this forum.  Shipping before the 15th Sep and trans-Atlantic crossing time along with customs holding it to make sure it is not a Covid-ridden piece of biological material is still faster than I would be able to collect all 16 figures living in rural Canada where the nearest and only option is a Toys R Us that is a 2.5 hour round trip!  I am also also a Brit ex-pat so I trust in my English friends to get these little pieces of plastic to me with all the energy and determination that a Spitfire pilot would put into such a crucial mission!

Damn, that’s crazy, it wouldn’t have been too hard for me as I work in a store that sells the CMF series, but I’m lazy and cba to feel them to figure out what is what ?, so I ordered a full set and will probably grab a few individual ones from work, I’m sure there’ll be no issues getting them over to you, at least I hope not, and as a patriotic Brit, I absolutely love your reference, haha 

8 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Does anyone have the item # for the CMF Series 2 at Target in the US? I’m hunting for them at my local Targets today. Thanks!

UPDATE: the first Target I visited had ALL the new sets except Privet Drive and ONE Burrow (the only set I didn’t order from Europe). Snagged the Burrow but no CMF Series 2. The employee helping me said they could do a search if they had the item number. On to Target #2.

The dcpi is still 204-00-1379, same as it’s been since forever.  All cmf carry the same code, and when the price increased for the DC series it caused any lingering previous series to increase in price as well.  Some stores haven’t increased to 4.99$ though it’s hit or miss. 
walmart on the other hand changes product numbers every series.

9 minutes ago, Len said:

If there is no B&B what is the second dirty Harry face for?

If there's no Second Task, what is second sleeping Gabrielle face for? In short, there's no way to know, could be that the set/part of a set was scrapped, could be because Lego wanted us to have these options if they still had a budget to print a new face instead of reusing one.

Man, the wait is killing me. Not that I'm gonna buy it day one, I need a meter long shelf first. I almost placed an orded with minifiguremadness, but decided to wait and use some of my VIP points for a bigger discount on S@H (I could even get it for free if I wanted to :grin:)

I have not commented yet since before the leaks of the sticker sheet, From the stickers and description it sounds absolute fantastic and might be one of the most celebrated sets of the year. I’m sure I will watch every review on youtube, (for me and my limited display space the DA set was always something I will enjoy seeing in shop window displays but never own myself).

I am likely to pick up A Gringots/dragon and a separate BB Set which will be more manageable for me. I’m happy with the splitting up given the attention WW has got in the DA and no doubt Gringots will be more amazing too because of it

I hope that if Lucius is in the DA set he does not remain exclusive, him and Rita are still best suited for a CMF appearance I think. Keep leas known/wanted exclusive characters in the DA: the photographer, Diggle and Crockford as others have said, Molly wearing her shopping outfit etc. 

Maybe between CMF, BB and DA we could get at least two non-Death Eater Lucius Malfoy variants: with and without a hat/hair combo part? 

Edited by Bugbot20082

I swear I had already seen that Florean Forscute minifig. Am I going crazy or that one already leaked?

Just now, PGBQW said:

I swear I had already seen that Florean Forscute minifig. Am I going crazy or that one already leaked?

No it leaked on a month ago.

3 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

jheez has it really been a month since that leaked

17 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Thank god I thougut I was going crazy

14 minutes ago, josh_a_123 said:

jheez has it really been a month since that leaked

This year's timeline is crazy bro

On 8/14/2020 at 9:28 AM, Brick Clicker said:

Think there is a good chance they will reveal the Harry Potter cmfs on Monday and diagon alley on Wednesday. Big Stuff always seems to leak on a sunday so here's to hoping it leaks on sunday! 

9 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Anybody think DA will leak today?

Well we can certainly hope it does. Even if it doesn’t, the reveal probably isn’t too far off from now, so having it leak won’t make too much difference if we’re just gonna see HD pics within a couple days, but I would be very pleased to finally see pictures (even potato pictures) of DA today :grin:

17 minutes ago, Holden Brickfield said:

Well we can certainly hope it does. Even if it doesn’t, the reveal probably isn’t too far off from now, so having it leak won’t make too much difference if we’re just gonna see HD pics within a couple days, but I would be very pleased to finally see pictures (even potato pictures) of DA today :grin:

same here, i just wanna see the damn thing already ?

13 minutes ago, josh_a_123 said:

same here, i just wanna see the damn thing already ?

I'm getting so tired of seeing nothing day after day :grin:

I know we all still waiting for the DA,but at least I feel that it's going be a good set with Marcos and Djordje on board for the design of it

Edited by caption brickman