Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Do you mean Dumbledore's Office as a standalone castle add on? That would be an interesting decision considering that Lego has just included a very small version of that in the Clocktower.

I feel like he misspoke and meant Dumbledore’s Army, as in the Room of Requirement.

8 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

I feel like he misspoke and meant Dumbledore’s Army, as in the Room of Requirement.

Ah yes I think you may be right. :classic:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What do you mean by "Dumbledore's office"?

She just wrote to me that there was Dumbledore's office.

I asked her again and she said that maybe it was with the Astronomy tower.

And the privet drive set is a scene with harrys escape with the car.

But if something is wrong with this information please dont be angry with me.

Its just the information she gave me.

She said its not possible to remember all the details because she had so many impressions these days at the fair.

If i have new informations i let you all know.

I have many good friends in the toy business.

1 hour ago, Sir Godric said:

She just wrote to me that there was Dumbledore's office.

I asked her again and she said that maybe it was with the Astronomy tower.

And the privet drive set is a scene with harrys escape with the car.

But if something is wrong with this information please dont be angry with me.

Its just the information she gave me.

She said its not possible to remember all the details because she had so many impressions these days at the fair.

If i have new informations i let you all know.

I have many good friends in the toy business.

Thank you for the clarification. That information seems consistent with what has been said already. :)

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

You would think so wouldn't you if there is indeed another car in the Privet Drive set. I've just had a look at the UK Lego website and there is no indication that the set is retiring soon, although the stock checker suggests that stock is low in Lego stores across the country. That may not indicate anything though as the Clock Tower is also low in stock whereas the Great Hall stock seems fine and if low stock = imminent retirement then it would surely be the other way around.

Most lego sets have a lifetime of 1 to 1,5 years. In june the wave 1 sets will be 2 years old so it's not that weird for lego to retire some of them

Just now, Sir Godric said:

If they already showed sets in Nürnberg i am sure there also will be sets in NY at the fair.

Its not far.

Im pretty sure last years sets werent at New York toy fair

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

Im pretty sure last years sets werent at New York toy fair

Correct, they weren't. And in 2018, only one set was shown (the Great Hall), and a prototype at that. Moreover, Kim from fbtb.net (who won't attend this year) has confirmed that TLG will again only show 1HY releases, so the chances are basically 0. :shrug_confused:

7 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

When is the soonest the summer sets could be revealed or leaked?

The minifig parts will probably start leaking in March and the official set pictures will most likely be dropped in May :classic:

I am curious to see what new variants they do of characters that were previously exclusive to the bricktober pack for the new wave like Slughorn and Umbridge.

23 minutes ago, Lego Dodo Bird said:

I am curious to see what new variants they do of characters that were previously exclusive to the bricktober pack for the new wave like Slughorn and Umbridge.

Both wear multiple outfits across (and even within) the films they appear in, so that shouldn’t be much of a problem :classic:

1 hour ago, Lego Dodo Bird said:

Well the version of Umbridge we know we’re getting is the one from the scene with Grawp and the Centaurs in the Forbidden Forest, where she’s wearing a deep fuchsia dress as opposed to the pale pink sweater and plaid skirt from the bricktober pack. 

I wonder if the new Ford Anglia will be the same build, or will they change it so both Harry and Ron can sit side by side.

10 minutes ago, joeee said:

I wonder if the new Ford Anglia will be the same build, or will they change it so both Harry and Ron can sit side by side.

If the rumors of the set including Fred and George instead of Ron are true it could even have a working back seat. 

I really hope we get Umbridge’s Office in the Astronomy Tower. The Yule Ball’s white decor was a nice change of pace of the usually tan interior so I hope we get those pink walls with cat plates. 

17 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I really hope we get Umbridge’s Office in the Astronomy Tower. The Yule Ball’s white decor was a nice change of pace of the usually tan interior so I hope we get those pink walls with cat plates. 

I agree! Plus, it doesn’t make sense to me getting just 2 small sets for Ootp.

I still think the current “Dumbledore’s office” doesn’t do justice to the majesty depicted in the movies, and seeing the architecture in these new sets, I’m sure they could come up with something fantastic. But I doubt they will focus more on the interior.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Since Ron and Dobby was one rumor and Fred and George was another, I wonder if all four will be included

The set is already said to have Harry and the 3 Dursley's - 6 minifigs is a typical number for a $60 set, but 8 is pushing it a bit. 

25 minutes ago, RODDY said:

From the sounds of the minifigure lineup the Astronomy Tower is HBP based, since it includes Slughorn. And Umbridge’s office is something that very much has to be included in a OotP set with an Umbridge minifigure included. Perhaps one of the as yet unknown August sets?

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Since Ron and Dobby was one rumor and Fred and George was another, I wonder if all four will be included

I doubt it. I don't think 8 figures in a $70 set is something lego would do 

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

We already know what rooms are included in the Astronomy Tower though

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:
3 hours ago, RODDY said:

From the sounds of the minifigure lineup the Astronomy Tower is HBP based, since it includes Slughorn. And Umbridge’s office is something that very much has to be included in a OotP set with an Umbridge minifigure included. Perhaps one of the as yet unknown August sets?

One of the August sets could be a small Umbridge Office that connects to the castle just like Room of Requirement

2 hours ago, Albert with an A said:

One of the August sets could be a small Umbridge Office that connects to the castle just like Room of Requirement

The RoR doesn't connect to anything though

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Didn't more recent leaks suggest it was somehow able to connect to the castle? 

As far as I know it's a standalone set

53 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:
56 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The RoR doesn't connect to anything though

Didn't more recent leaks suggest it was somehow able to connect to the castle? 

I also though recent leaks had said the ROR could connect to the Castle but idk i could be wrong