Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Things we have rumours for even if _kingnono_ is a fraud:

• 400$ Dragon Alley D2C

DO you happen to know where these rumors are from.

from what t i recall "they" began as a result of one website arguing the likelyhood of one.   So that was more of a guess than an actual rumor. =/

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

DO you happen to know where these rumors are from.

from what t i recall "they" began as a result of one website arguing the likelyhood of one.   So that was more of a guess than an actual rumor. =/

They originally came from people like Jedijacpenguin, including the setnumber (which is the same as Kingnono's ''additional set'')

39 minutes ago, summicron said:

Search youtube for "LEGO BY JAGO" youtuber. He just uploaded a review of 2020 Privet Drive set.

I have already this set and I have to say that new version of Privet Drive is excellent. I was skeptical about this construction, but it is really awesome. The only thing that I do not like is Ford Anglia, but overall it is great set. Fun fact that building is almost the same height as buildable Graup.

So if the DA set that Kingnono confirmed is actually  fake, we cracked our heads for hints and filled like 150 pages for nothing, it would be such a letdown

Edited by Melle_24

1 minute ago, Melle_24 said:

So if the DA set that Kingnono confirmed is actually  fake, we cracked our heads for hints and filled like 150 pages for nothing, it would be such a letdown

Kingnono didn't confirm anything, we knew about DA before he came along. Honestly why do we have to keep saying this so many times in a single day :wall:

I’m not sure (so correct me if i’m wrong) but i think we heard first about the 400$ DA from Paul Seeley (people here said he was a trusted leaker) in the middle of march he announced a small HP wave with two sets: one of 100$ (which setnumber turned out to be the one of the burrow) and another of 400$, which he said might be DA

Edited by Bernar

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Actually the $400 set was first found through a website listing. I can’t remember the website 

Don't remember that but at least it's even more confirmation we knew about it a while before Kingnono came into the picture

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Actually the $400 set was first found through a website listing. I can’t remember the website 

Correct, but I can't remember either. Moreover, Stonewars and Jedijacpenguin both had it in their rumour lists as well before _kingnono_ started with his hints 

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't remember that but at least it's even more confirmation we knew about it a while before Kingnono came into the picture

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Correct, but I can't remember either. Moreover, Stonewars and Jedijacpenguin both had it in their rumour lists as well before _kingnono_ started with his hints 

That’s why I have been saying don’t sweat the general stuff when it comes to if kingnono is wrong. If you have to sweat, sweat the small details 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s why I have been saying don’t sweat the general stuff when it comes to if kingnono is wrong. If you have to sweat, sweat the small details 

Yeah that's pretty much what I've been saying all day as well, some people just don't seem to get it

Good reminder that “confirmed” means officially announced from TLG. Anything and everyone outside of that is a rumor. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah that's pretty much what I've been saying all day as well, some people just don't seem to get it

People probably cling to it because they want the rumours to be true, understandably so, but as I've said before, it's not that much of a loss :classic: The CMF series is still coming, even if the 7 remaining minifigs might be different, the D2C is still on the horizon and in my opinion, the AC is better than expected. Too bad about the other two alleged sets (75978 and the GWP), but it's not like this is the final year of the theme. There's still potential for some of the first 6 movies to be revisited alongside the DH1+2 sets next year :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There's still potential for some of the first 6 movies to be revisited alongside the DH1+2 sets next year

Whilst this is truer than true, I also don’t think Lego is going to stop once they’ve done DH, I definitely see this going for longer and they could revisit sets that haven’t been done in the following years too ☺️

20 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Whilst this is truer than true, I also don’t think Lego is going to stop once they’ve done DH, I definitely see this going for longer and they could revisit sets that haven’t been done in the following years too ☺️

Yeah hopefully with Fantastic Beasts keeping the franchise relevant (it is what led to us getting sets in the first place) and the continued popularity of the theme it's got a few more years in the tank yet. It makes me really glad there's only 1 wave a year so they can space it out and keep it going for longer!

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Yeah hopefully with Fantastic Beasts keeping the franchise relevant (it is what led to us getting sets in the first place) and the continued popularity of the theme it's got a few more years in the tank yet. It makes me really glad there's only 1 wave a year so they can space it out and keep it going for longer!

Whilst I do believe that FB is the reason they have redone the HP theme, I don’t think FB is keeping it relevant, I think Harry Potter is doing that all itself, I mean there are more Harry Potter toys out now than I have ever seen in my 22 years of life, there’s the “Harry Potter at Home” reads on Spotify, there has been 1 wave with no FB sets and another this year, HP has enough to go for years without FB ☺️

4 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Whilst I do believe that FB is the reason they have redone the HP theme, I don’t think FB is keeping it relevant, I think Harry Potter is doing that all itself, I mean there are more Harry Potter toys out now than I have ever seen in my 22 years of life, there’s the “Harry Potter at Home” reads on Spotify, there has been 1 wave with no FB sets and another this year, HP has enough to go for years without FB ☺️

While HP is definetely more present than FB FB is definetely partially responsible for the increase in Wizarding World interest over the last few years. Interest in HP has skyrocketed since even more people have discovered it through Fantastic Beasts. LEGO just decided to give this theme another shot and stumbled across a hidden goldmine.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

While HP is definetely more present than FB FB is definetely partially responsible for the increase in Wizarding World interest over the last few years. Interest in HP has skyrocketed since even more people have discovered it through Fantastic Beasts. LEGO just decided to give this theme another shot and stumbled across a hidden goldmine.

I’m not doubting that, but if you look at the people that were kids when Harry Potter first came out (myself for example) we are now old enough to be buying the sets and things ourselves, so I definitely think that helps, especially with the lack of popularity of FB, or at least FB 2 (I love both of them ?)

5 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

That's also the way I see it. FB was a stepping stone for the return of the HP theme, but it's absolutely not necessary for the theme to continue :classic: What I don't get though is why they waited for CoG instead of reviving the theme in 2016. Sure, there were the Dimensions sets, but they still could've brought it back right then and there :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

That's also the way I see it. FB was a stepping stone for the return of the HP theme, but it's absolutely not necessary for the theme to continue :classic: What I don't get though is why they waited for CoG instead of reviving the theme in 2016. Sure, there were the Dimensions sets, but they still could've brought it back right then and there :shrug_oh_well:

I think they were probably thinking about it, but they wanted to see if FB 1 did well or not, if it didn’t and HP didn’t really come back it would’ve been a wasted theme, they probably saw how popular FB was and immediately started up designing new sets, I think that’s why we only got 2 FB because they were still very wary

Well I've been back from a long break from EU. But I've catched up now. I'm really scared about the D2C DA now that kingnono has made a huge mistake as he was the only one who gave us any info on the set being system or micro scaled (except for FalconFan's april fools quiz on which we didn't get the answers yet xD), so now the micro scale is back on the table as someone mentioned before. :look:

8 hours ago, Legoniche said:

All I’m gunna say is- remember the random blocker last year, remember the many that gave solid andtrue info that was scoffed at or deemed lies. It’s a common theme in this thread to be too quick to doubt or judge people. And then after everyone’s all like ‘oh..... guess.... guess we were wrong about them huh. Well errr...... we won’t do it again..... s... o.... r..... r..... y....’ . So let’s not be hasty to bash this guy alright. Thank you 

Well that's actually one of the very reasons why we were so open minded about kingnono's posts at first as with randomblocker most of us shot him down from the very start. But other than randomblocker, kingnono actually gave wrong info, which is a huge red flag, and so is him not responding after more than a day. So I really don't think we're too hasty this time around. Still we haven't shot him down completely yet, we just ordered a ton of salt to take his info with :p.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:23 PM, Bluetus said:

lol yeah, Ideal pack would be 4 different houses with all color skin tone, but it's gonna cost you a ton.

*snap*

I'm sorry for the extremely late reaction  (and if this has already been mentioned) but you actually forgot a tan head which was I believe only used for commander Sato for star wars rebels (and palpatine I guess, but he doesn't really count I guess.)

20 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

[...] so now the micro scale is back on the table as someone mentioned before. :look:

It's not. We already have a microscale DA :tongue:

3 hours ago, Melle_24 said:

Well that is on you all

Why do you waste your time dissussing "hints"?

Wait until the official reveal. Discussing hints is a waste of time. After all, the sets are already on production, knowing in advance what comes in each set doesnt change a thing about them

The fact that you pay so much attention to "hints" is the reason why this keeps happening

Just now, Robert8 said:

Because it's fun :laugh: I'm not gonna lie, I'm not pleased in the slightest about this situation, but that doesn't detract from how much fun discussing the hints was, at least to me. 

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Well that is on you all

Wait until the official reveal. Discussing hints is a waste of time. After all, the sets are already on production, knowing in advance what comes in each set doesnt change a thing about them

The fact that you pay so much attention to "hints" is the reason why this keeps happening

no more or less a waste of time than most anything dicscussed in forums.