Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I wouldn‘t say no to that, but I‘d definitely prefer an OotP set over it, just to balance things out a bit :wink: And the subject matter is quite dark I think, even more so than the Graveyard Duel, so I‘m not sure if an Inferi cave set would ever be approved

That's very true.

Speaking of Graveyard Duel, I have a random off-topic question. Does anyone have the Hidden Side Graveyard Mystery? https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/graveyard-mystery-70420 I feel like it'd go well with the graveyard... It's really giving me the old HP graveyard vibes...

Edited by sammy_zammy

6 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I've avoided modifying my sets in any way because I know that once I start I'll never stop. Plus since these castle sets are still on the market I'm sure I would probably start buying multiples of the castle sets to use for parts instead of buying the other sets from the line. Better for my wallet to avoid it. 

Ditto. I have a hard enough time keeping up with what I want to buy, so buying more to modify my Hogwarts is a no go. I’ll just live vicariously through these great mods others are doing. 

Can someone remind me of the release for the D2C? I don’t want to rummage through this thread & searching hasn’t come up with the answer. I’m pretty sure it was also August? But I’m also thinking September, along with the Calendar. Just trying to fine tune this wave, money wise. 

11 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Can someone remind me of the release for the D2C? I don’t want to rummage through this thread & searching hasn’t come up with the answer. I’m pretty sure it was also August? But I’m also thinking September, along with the Calendar. Just trying to fine tune this wave, money wise. 

Yeah, the D2C and CMF are both August, as well as maybe the unknown set...? I don't know about that one, but someone else might :laugh:

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Yeah, the D2C and CMF are both August, as well as maybe the unknown set...? I don't know about that one, but someone else might :laugh:

The D2C is actually coming out in september

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The D2C is actually coming out in september

is that for vip?

5 privet drives  doesent sound as impressive as 4 BURROWS! :pir-love:

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

The fact that they've been focusing on making complete, film-accurate exteriors and recognizable locations has definitely compromised interiors. They don't do sets for a specific classroom like they did back in the original waves, which has really helped with making complete displayable connectable builds, but hasn't helped with classrooms. 

Hopefully they will make a few more interior sets like RoR that will bulk out the interior and give better coverage of the rooms in the castle

1 hour ago, sammy_zammy said:

Speaking of Graveyard Duel, I have a random off-topic question. Does anyone have the Hidden Side Graveyard Mystery? https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/graveyard-mystery-70420 I feel like it'd go well with the graveyard... It's really giving me the old HP graveyard vibes...

Yep I got both graveyards for Christmas last year (morbid much?). They both look really good together! I’m just torn between actually modding the two sets into one or just having them side by side as they currently are. Anybody got any suggestions? 

With regards to the potential mystery set in August... does anybody else think it would be weird for LEGO to just release one set in August? Or should we expect two like last year? 

16 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

Hopefully they will make a few more interior sets like RoR that will bulk out the interior and give better coverage of the rooms in the castle

This is what I wanted them to do for DADA classroom in Crimes of Grindelwald. I guess depending on how well RoR sells, LEGO might release more. I’m surprised they’ve left it this long to release a proper Hogwarts “playset” to be honest!

Edited by Scarlet_Patronus

Hello! I’ve just made a eurobricks account as I figured it was time to stop silently watching this forum since before the second wave ? I LOVE the new sets; the astronomy tower in particular is one of the best hp sets since the revival in my opinion. The only disappointing thing for me is some of the figures; some of the reused prints like Lavender’s and Draco’s faces just don’t work for me (I’m so glad they used a different hairpiece for Draco though. I was worried they would use the slick-back hairpiece they have used in the majority of the previous versions.) On a side note, does anyone think there is any chance of a HBP red jacket Harry? Of all his casual outfits I think that is the best one.

2 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

I’m probably overthinking this, but I’m debating whether to preorder the Burrow set from LEGO (thereby waiting until August for the set) or wait to see if Target’s gonna release the sets in July. Any idea when the Target product listings will show up?

I've been wondering this, as well, actually.  Jedi JAC Penguin says July 1 for the worldwide release of these sets, but they may update that in a few days, who knows?  Also, I'm not entirely sure that we'll be able to pre-order the sets in the United States.  Guess we'll find out in just under seven hours!!  As for Target product listings, probably not until release day, unless they are taking pre-orders as well....

14 minutes ago, TWISTOFLEMON said:

On a side note, does anyone think there is any chance of a HBP red jacket Harry? Of all his casual outfits I think that is the best one.

Welcome to Eurobricks!  I think the only way we'd get that particular outfit is if we get a Horcrux cave set, which I'd say is medium-likely within the next year or two.  Agreed, I love the Astronomy Tower, in some ways I even like it more than The Burrow!

44 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

Yes, that would be really great - RoR is basically the only "room" set we've gotten so far and it's a nice price to expand Hogwarts and integrates into it well too!

25 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Yep I got both graveyards for Christmas last year (morbid much?). They both look really good together! I’m just torn between actually modding the two sets into one or just having them side by side as they currently are. Anybody got any suggestions?

Thank you! Perhaps I'll have to look at getting it when it goes on discount. The tree looks like it'd go well in the Forbidden Forest if I modfied it a little too. Or maybe a proper Aragog's Lair entrance!

Edited by sammy_zammy

Is it just me that is constantly looking at the setpictures? I had that behavior ever since I was 6 and got my first Lego catalogue. Only that I‘m 18 now ?

Edit: 

Since I‘ve never really talked to anyone about that memory of mine and I kind of want to, this is the set I was looking at literally 24/7, but I never got it unfortunately :( 

7093-1.jpg?200706210245

Edited by topiku

Just now, topiku said:

Is it just me that is constantly looking at the setpictures? I had that behavior ever since I was 6 and got my first Lego catalogue. Only that I‘m 18 now ?

Definitely not just you. It's certainly not helping with revision!

Just now, topiku said:

I have to look at them all the time :laugh:  I'm also checking some online retailers again and again just to find out where I can preorder the sets and who even has discounts already :drool:

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

Anyone know if the sets are releasing early in July like they did back in 2018 and 2019?

I think it's very possible, but there's no way of knowing at the moment.  This Harry Potter theme is LEGO's best license in years, but the regional distribution is arbitrary at best, dysfunctional at worst.  Granted, the economic and pandemic status of our country could also be affecting LEGO's decision, who knows?

Just now, topiku said:

Not just you, and I'm almost 26.  :blush:  EDIT: I never particularly wanted that Skeleton Tower set, but the Dwarves Mine....that was a different story!

Edited by RogueTwo

3 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

I’m a little stressed at how long the castle stretches out, how are we gonna have room to add yet another section lol, it must eventually wrap around

Agreed! I can barely fit the full thing on my table anymore

Just now, 8fifty said:

I have to look at them all the time :laugh:  I'm also checking some online retailers again and again just to find out where I can preorder the sets and who even has discounts already :drool:

There's places with preorders and discounts already?

Just now, RogueTwo said:

Not just you, and I'm almost 26.  :blush:  EDIT: I never particularly wanted that Skeleton Tower set, but the Dwarves Mine....that was a different story!

That was the one I actually got! My grandpa got me that for my birthday and I built it together with my grandma. Great memories. I would play with that all day back then :) 

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

There's places with preorders and discounts already?

There is indeed a German shop that has some of the new sets discounted by 10%. 

I wonder which shops will be allowed to sell The Burrow. I'd like to avoid ordering directly from Lego.

I’ve been thinking about how a lot of us had sets that seemed unrealistic on our wishlists (I remember people saying how Beauxbatons Carriage & Yule Ball especially seemed like reaches, Slughorn’s party as well, but less so after we got Yule Ball) and now with us getting WWW? It really seems as if LEGO is granting all of our HP wishes in this revival. Long term, I definitely see us getting Chamber of Secrets (even if its as some people have suggested just a small $25 build) and Shrieking Shack (and possibly even Grimauld Place if we are REALLY lucky) in future waves. Thinking about us getting another set this fall, I definitely think MoM small $25 build seems the most realistic as LEGO seems to purposely be giving us scenes they’ve never given us before this time around (Grawp, Yule Ball, Slug club party). However, in this vein I also wouldn’t rule out Inferi cave battle just yet. As has previously been stated, Graveyard resurrection and Sirius’s “death” in the dark forest also are sets with very serious and graphic subject matter. We will have to see, but I am excited either way!

Edited by m0repotter

13 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Welcome to Eurobricks!  I think the only way we'd get that particular outfit is if we get a Horcrux cave set, which I'd say is medium-likely within the next year or two.  Agreed, I love the Astronomy Tower, in some ways I even like it more than The Burrow!

Thanks for the response! I think a Horcrux cave set could be a nice 20 dollar set in the future. Is there any chance that the Horcrux cave is the “iconic underground scene”? I personally think it’s the ministry battle or chamber of secrets as I don’t think the cave is technically underground but I’m not sure. I love the Burrow as well, it’s my second favorite set of the wave.

7 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

I’ve been thinking about how a lot of us had sets that seemed unrealistic on our wishlists (I remember people saying how Beauxbatons Carriage & Yule Ball especially seemed like reaches, Slughorn’s party as well, but less so after we got Yule Ball) and now with us getting WWW? 

I don't remember seeing anyone say WWW was unrealistic :sceptic:

1 hour ago, topiku said:

Honestly doing this is such a fond memory. I use to go through the whole catalogue and rate each set. Then when it got to Star Wars at the end I was so happy. Sometimes I wish I didn’t see leaks etc and opened a catalogue nowadays to all the new sets! 

The Astronomy Tower has grown on me the more I look at it. Wonderful set and such a fantastic wave that many will remember for years to come.

In other discussion I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Inferi cave if I’m honest as the final unknown set.

Edited by ArrowBricks

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't remember seeing anyone say WWW was unrealistic :sceptic:

Didnt state that anyone did, just that it was a “wishlist” set. Of all the things to reply to my post its funny that you have to nitpick a detail instead of contributing to discussion. Ive seen you do that alot and its kind of getting old

@topiku Glad I'm not the only one to have done that with the new sets all day yesterday. :wink:

I'm glad others are catching onto how awesome smaller, standalone Hogwarts sets would be. Still hoping for Gryffindor Common Room in that vein. 

It's midnight on the 30th in the UK and the sets aren't up for pre-order.