Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, UKFan922 said:

I wonder if the sets have been cancelled. 

No, why would they even be? Just because the sets haven’t been revealed yet doesen’t mean they are cancelled. That is like saying the Ninjago, Marvel, and Friends sets have been cancelled.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

Just now, UKFan922 said:

I wonder if the sets have been cancelled. 

Lol patience. This is the worst part, the waiting right before we think it’ll happen.

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

I am an engineer and have to deal with quality issues on a regular basis. Environmental and thermal conditions play a big role when it comes to long-term stability of adhesives.

Edit: Concerning the cracks and disintegration of the paper: Did you by any chance leave your sets with the stickers in a room with prolonged exposure by direct sunlight through a window?

I already installed blinds about ten years ago to prevent exposure of the models to direct sunlight.

I still notice that in some cases stickers on the front of a model are affected slightly earlier than the stickers on the back side though, so exposure to light does seem to be a factor.

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

But also the paper ones that came with some of the first Prequel Trilogy Star Wars sets (like 7256 from 2005 which I hold in my hand as I write this) are still good (15 years).

Which colors do those stickers have? Areas that are printed with different colors also seem to be affected differently. White areas almost always crack and peel off, while areas printed in other colors such as black or brown sometimes aren't affected at all, even if they're adjacent. Here's an example I already posted in the quality reference thread when the stickers of my Batcave set started showing the first signs:

vGC6UjX.png

Edited by Graupensuppe

So I'm confused.  Is there going to be a Ministry Battle set or some other unknown set, or do we presumably already know everything that's coming in 2020?

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Ford Anglia shouldn't come as a surprise, we've known that for a few months now. And while it may sound tempting to remove the Anglia from the set and use its budget on Privet Drive itself it really wouldn't be much bigger than it's going to be. Hagrid's motorbike would be a weird inclusion imo, especially considering the Dursleys don't even appear in that scene.

I know it was rumored, but i still had small hopes until we get it confirmed in pics.

Lego is really good to do sets that's not accurate. Dobby isn't appear in this seen, but if the rumor is true we will get him anyway in the set.

Just now, RogueTwo said:

So I'm confused.  Is there going to be a Ministry Battle set or some other unknown set, or do we presumably already know everything that's coming in 2020?

So far we’ve gotten physical leaks that confirm the five sets reported at Toy Fair and the Burrow, as well as the CMF. There’ve been no physical leaks of the D2C, but that’s to be expected since it’s coming months later. So far all reliable leakers have reported that the Harry Potter lineup for this year will be those six sets we already have leaks confirming, the CMF, and the D2C. So far no reliable leakers have stayed there will be a Ministry Battle. 

3 minutes ago, Crookshanks said:

I know it was rumored, but i still had small hopes until we get it confirmed in pics.

Lego is really good to do sets that's not accurate. Dobby isn't appear in this seen, but if the rumor is true we will get him anyway in the set.

Dobby is here because the set represents multiple scenes. Dobby appears at Privet Dr the same day Harry escapes.

35 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

It was fake news, there's no confirmed MoM set. There is a chance we might be getting a retailer exclusive set (in addition to 6 June sets, CMF and D2C), but it's not confirmed. 

16 minutes ago, Albus said:

Dobby is here because the set represents multiple scenes. Dobby appears at Privet Dr the same day Harry escapes.

Actually, Dobby’s first appearance and Harry’s escape from Privet Drive happen several days or even weeks apart. It’s not as explicitly stated in the movie as the books, but logic does dictate that the locks and window bars couldn’t have been fitted on the same day the Dursley’s had their dinner guests.  

41 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

So far we’ve gotten physical leaks that confirm the five sets reported at Toy Fair and the Burrow, as well as the CMF. There’ve been no physical leaks of the D2C, but that’s to be expected since it’s coming months later. So far all reliable leakers have reported that the Harry Potter lineup for this year will be those six sets we already have leaks confirming, the CMF, and the D2C. So far no reliable leakers have stayed there will be a Ministry Battle. 

Thank you!  

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It was fake news, there's no confirmed MoM set. There is a chance we might be getting a retailer exclusive set (in addition to 6 June sets, CMF and D2C), but it's not confirmed. 

Thank you! 

From a selfish point of view, I hope there is not a retailer exclusive; I don't even know if I can afford the current arrangement.  I just preordered the book with the exclusive Tom Riddle, though!
Regarding Dobby's inclusion in the Privet Drive set, it doesn't bother me one bit.  I do miss Fred and George, though.

Ok guys. I just got the information from a media page that I should come back "next weekend" for the HP set reveals. So that obviously means we'll get the pictures in the meantime. The big question is now: What exactly is meant by "next" weekend? I'm not quite sure because some German people use the term "next" weekend if they mean "this" one while others mean the next but one - it's confusing, does this incidence exist in English as well? :laugh:

Nevertheless, it feels to be sometime next week. If he mentions the weekend it might rather be at the end of the week than at the beginning. But that's speculation again which I don't go to the stake for. Just wanted to let you know what I know and what is written publicly. :blush:

Just now, 8fifty said:

Ok guys. I just got the information from a media page that I should come back "next weekend" for the HP set reveals. So that obviously means we'll get the pictures in the meantime. The big question is now: What exactly is meant by "next" weekend? I'm not quite sure because some German people use the term "next" weekend if they mean "this" one while others mean the next but one - it's confusing, does this incidence exist in English as well? :laugh:

Nevertheless, it feels to be sometime next week. If he mentions the weekend it might rather be at the end of the week than at the beginning. But that's speculation again which I don't go to the stake for. Just wanted to let you know what I know and what is written publicly. :blush:

I definitely get the same confusion in English. People normally mean "next weekend" to be 7 days from the closest weekend but I always felt "next" should mean the closest one :p

This could mean we don't get leaks till early next week but I hope I'm wrong.

Just now, Zepthire said:

I definitely get the same confusion in English. People normally mean "next weekend" to be 7 days from the closest weekend but I always felt "next" should mean the closest one :p

This could mean we don't get leaks till early next week but I hope I'm wrong.

Ok, that's good to know :grin:

Well, leaks are still possible. Maybe the trend continues that we get at least one per day :purrr:

24 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I take “next weekend” to mean:

”sorry, which weekend is that?”

as the expected response lol

23 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Hopefully it means this upcoming weekend, I’m ready to see these sets. 

13 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Usually the upcoming weekend is called "this weekend" and the one after is "next weekend". This would mean we don't get anything until May. I hope your media page is wrong, or misspoke or something. Have we ever waited until May for images of a June HP wave before? 

With the polybag already revealed I don't think LEGO will wait that long to reveal the main sets. Maybe the full wave will be revealed May 2nd with most sets being revealed earlier like how we had to wait for official images of the Knight Bus last year. 

Would Lego want things coming out during the May 1-4 Star Wars promos? If it's coming in the next 2 weekends, I would guess this upcoming one, April 24-26.

47 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

why don't you link this media page.

Just now, deskp said:

why don't you link this media page.

Here we go :blush: You can find it in the comments section below. At the moment, it is the last comment, I use the same nickname just like here :classic:

Just now, 8fifty said:

Here we go :blush: You can find it in the comments section below. At the moment, it is the last comment, I use the same nickname just like here :classic:

Great thanks!  

I’m finding many different things on what next weekend means, I am seeing that it means the weekend after this and also that it means the weekend that is ahead of us and the next weekend that occurs. Extremely confusing

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

I’m finding many different things on what next weekend means, I am seeing that it means the weekend after this and also that it means the weekend that is ahead of us and the next weekend that occurs. Extremely confusing

"Next weekend" refers to the weekend of May second/third in our case. Though perhaps the original person who made the claim is using the term incorrectly. 

4 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

"Next weekend" refers to the weekend of May second/third in our case. Though perhaps the original person who made the claim is using the term incorrectly. 

Like I said, the whole Next weekend phrase is extremely confusing