Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

centaur/Sally hair piece

thats not the same hair piece. 2 diferent molds.

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm more worried about the D2C. If Kingnono turns out to be a fraud we're no longer sure it exists, nor do we know if its DA or if it's minifigure scale or nanoscale. But I guess it saves us all a ton of money

I have the same worries but the fact that Stonewars has it on their list of sets to come, as well as 75978, wings my hope. But the only thing we can do now is waiting for some reveals :classic:

1 minute ago, deskp said:

thats not the same hair piece. 2 diferent molds.

Is it really? I read/heard somewhere they’re one and the same (I can’t remember where now which is annoying the hell out of me)

Once again I find the creative choices of the box art for the HP AC quite strange: so much of the space available is just the background art: very little of the box front has any actual Lego on it and it’s concentrated all over one half, and the setting is weird too; I mean why would Ron and padma be alone, outside, after dark, seemingly halfway to hogsmeade during the Yule ball ?

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

Is it really? I read/heard somewhere they’re one and the same (I can’t remember where now which is annoying the hell out of me)

Yes. they are quite different!  =]

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

Yes. they are quite different!  =]

Just googled and yeah, whoever I heard say they’re the same is either remembering wrong, or dumb lmao ?, so, is the centaur piece the same as Dumbledore’s but in black?

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

so, is the centaur piece the same as Dumbledore’s but in black?

correct

1 minute ago, deskp said:

correct

Ahh, gotcha, that’s the hairpiece I think they’re using for the twin ??

8 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I mean why would Ron and padma be alone, outside, after dark, seemingly halfway to hogsmeade during the Yule ball

Because obviously Ron is a moron and got lost guiding Miss Patil back to the Gryffindor common room ??

15 minutes ago, deskp said:

yes the firends hair sound about right. the same hair Lavender is using

*snip*

I really don’t think it’s that one, that particular friends hairpiece looks VERY flat on minifigures and has some curls, the one in the AC doesn’t have that odd limp look and is 100% straight. Sorry for looking too much into it :iamded_lol:

23 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Looks to me quite a lot like the new Dumbledore/ centaur hair 

It’s this piece :laugh: they look the same in that angle. My bad.

Cho Patil would be phenomenal to get as well. I mean Cho Chang.

Just now, Otherworld said:

I really don’t think it’s that one, that particular friends hairpiece looks VERY flat on minifigures and has some curls, the one in the AC doesn’t have that odd limp look and is 100% straight. Sorry for looking too much into it :iamded_lol:

100% this, that’s why I think it’s that piece too

Cho Patil would be phenomenal to get as well. I mean Cho Chang.

Don’t get me started on this, Cho Chang (the palest non-ginger character in HP) has a lighter skin tone in Lego than 2 Indian characters who are definitely darker than Cho in the films ?

20 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Because obviously Ron is a moron and got lost guiding Miss Patil back to the Gryffindor common room ??

Or he got so confused on whether he should be bringing her to the Gryffindor or Ravenclaw Tower that he just gave up a ran off into the night :laugh_hard:

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Or he got so confused on whether he should be bringing her to the Gryffindor or Ravenclaw Tower that he just gave up a ran off into the night :laugh_hard:

Ugh, it still annoys me to this day that they made them both Gryffindor whereas one is Ravenclaw in the books, my house is missing one of its few named students ???

Not sure what some people are talking about as far as additional figures on the box. On the top of the box it shows Harry in the “actual size” square, and then it shows Harry, Ron, and Hermione with some of the builds. 

11 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

100% this, that’s why I think it’s that piece too

I just noticed something else so I’m not sure anymore but I will shut up about her hair now :wall: :laugh:

When this AC was first rumoured to be Ootp themed I thought of the scenes in Grimmauld Place and said “more tables, presents and pine trees?” Irrelevant to discuss now, but I’m curious to read what kind of builds you guys expected back then. 

I just noticed something else so I’m not sure anymore but I will shut up about her hair now :wall: :laugh:

When this AC was first rumoured to be Ootp themed I thought of the scenes in Grimmauld Place and said “more tables, presents and pine trees?” Irrelevant to discuss now, but I’m curious to read what kind of builds you guys expected back then. 

A miniature flying Santa ofc, but aside from that I’m not too sure, I could see lots of food like in the first AC

Maybe this will help? It’s a lot easier to guess the big details and be correct then the small details. So I would doubt the small details he has claimed

At the end of the day tho, kingnono is being spammed with comments and hasn’t responded yet. I would say his reputation is probably done until enough of his claims are proven right 

if we're lucky we won't have to get Crabb and Goyle in the cmf :P

So if Kingnono is wrong or lying, has any reputable source actually listed a Harry Potter D2C for this year?  Did JediJacPenguin get the info from Kingnono or somewhere else?

Edited by RogueTwo

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm more worried about the D2C. If Kingnono turns out to be a fraud we're no longer sure it exists, nor do we know if its DA or if it's minifigure scale or nanoscale. But I guess it saves us all a ton of money

Lol yup. If DA turns out not to exist and it's another microscale, although I'll be disappointed, I'll be secretly happy I'll be able to buy some other cool Lego stuff without worrying so much!

Thnking about it objectively, if there were no leaks and someone had randomly said "wouldn't it be cool if Lego did a $400 Diagon Alley"... Would we have all shot them down and said "that's never happening!" I'm new to the Lego scene for big sets, but how likely would TLG be to even do that?

Hogwarts Castle was $400 yes - but it had an alternative, the minifig-scale sets.

For a minifig-scale DA, there would be no alternative. As much as I said "no they wouldn't split a DA set into multiple smaller sets"... wouldn't that make more sense? For such an iconic location, would Lego be likely to limit it to such an exclusive audience? The 2011 DA was expensive and a D2C but it was certainly more affordable to a lot of people if they saved up for it... whereas a $400 set is not...

Maybe it's absolutely something Lego would be likely to do so please do prove me wrong if you so wish.

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I’m exactly the same, when Hogwarts first came out I kinda wanted the figures, now it’s been out so long I don’t even care that I don’t have them because to me it’d be pointless without the stand to display them because they wouldn’t go in my Hogwarts display ?

Lol yeah I was like "oh I can BL the figures" and then realised if I have no interest in collecting Fantastic Beasts minifigs, why do I want these? It's collecting for the sake of collecting lol

Edited by sammy_zammy

1 minute ago, sammy_zammy said:

Lol yup. If DA turns out not to exist and it's another microscale, although I'll be disappointed, I'll be secretly happy I'll be able to buy some other cool Lego stuff without worrying so much!

Thnking about it objectively, if there were no leaks and someone had said "wouldn't it be cool if Lego did a $400 Diagon Alley"... I'm new to the Lego scene for big sets, but how likely would they be to even do that? Hogwarts Castle was $400 yes - but it had an alternative, the minifig-scale sets.

For a minifig-scale DA, there would be no alternative. As much as I said "no they wouldn't split a DA set into multiple smaller sets"... wouldn't that make more sense? For such an iconic location, would Lego be likely to limit it to such an exclusive audience? The 2011 DA was expensive and a D2C but it was certainly more affordable to a lot of people if they saved up for it... whereas a $400 set is not...

Maybe it's absolutely something Lego would be likely to do so please do prove me wrong if you so wish.

Lol yeah I was like "oh I can BL the figures" and then realised if I have no interest in collecting Fantastic Beasts minifigs, why do I want these? It's collecting for the sake of collecting lol

Tbh, I know it’s all under the same name “Wizarding World”, but I class them as 2 different themes, so my FB is separate from my HP

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Maybe this will help? It’s a lot easier to guess the big details and be correct then the small details. So I would doubt the small details he has claimed

At the end of the day tho, kingnono is being spammed with comments and hasn’t responded yet. I would say his reputation is probably done until enough of his claims are proven right 

I mean, the only thing I can see rescuing his reputation at this point is if the Hogsmeade GWP he talked about turned out to be real. Everything else is either so vague it could be interpreted multiple ways, fairly obvious, or thing people here had already speculated about. Kingnono specialized in vagaries and things we wanted to hear. He said very few specific things that hadn’t already been talked about on this forum (all his hints for the CMF, for example, had already been talked about as possibilities long beforehand), which is why I had a feeling that my ability to fully trust him would hinge on whether he was right about the theme of the advent calendar :/

11 minutes ago, deskp said:

if we're lucky we won't have to get Crabb and Goyle in the cmf :P

I think we still have a decent chance of getting the CoS polyjuiced forms as a matching trio for the CMF, but that could be because I was one of the first to bring it up back before series 2 was even confirmed. I also suspect kingnono was right about there being at least two characters from each house, of only because it would follow the pattern of series 1 (which had 7 Gryffindors, 4 Ravenclaws, 2 Slytherins, 2 Hufflepuffs, 1 unknown, and 6 characters who wouldn’t have been sorted). 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

I mean, the only thing I can see rescuing his reputation at this point is if the Hogsmeade GWP he talked about turned out to be real. Everything else is either so vague it could be interpreted multiple ways, fairly obvious, or thing people here had already speculated about. Kingnono specialized in vagaries and things we wanted to hear. He said very few specific things that hadn’t already been talked about on this forum (all his hints for the CMF, for example, had already been talked about as possibilities long beforehand), which is why I had a feeling that my ability to fully trust him would hinge on whether he was right about the theme of the advent calendar :/

I think we still have a decent chance of getting the CoS polyjuiced forms as a matching trio for the CMF, but that could be because I was one of the first to bring it up back before series 2 was even confirmed. I also suspect kingnono was right about there being at least two characters from each house, of only because it would follow the pattern of series 1 (which had 7 Gryffindors, 4 Ravenclaws, 2 Slytherins, 2 Hufflepuffs, 1 unknown, and 6 characters who wouldn’t have been sorted). 

Stupid question, but who were the 1 unknown and 6 non-sorted?

If this makes any sense: although kingnono's hints have been very vague and this raises suspicion, they've also been very... specifically vague. As in he's written some strange stuff which would be very weird to think of off the top of your head.

Didn’t Sir Godric say that s/he asked asked a Lego Employee about a D2C being real and they confirmed it? Also there was another account on this thread saying that a DA was happening back in January. I think it’s still happening, if it’s not it would be a shame.

7 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

who were the 1 unknown and 6 non-sorted?

Credence, Dobby, Tina, Queenie, and Jacob would all be "non-sorted," and I guess Percival Graves as well since he most likely went to Ilvermorny? Mad-Eye is the unknown; I don't think it was ever established what house he was in.