Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

the rest has tan doorframes in the greenhouse 6. but in the astronomy towet they use white. how odd.  I guess the whide ones only exist in white. but they could at least use the tan ones for the rest  o.O

No black lines on Hermione print looks UNSETTELING!

Edited by deskp

Sets will be released on July 1 in the United States!  Check LEGO Shop!  Actually, there's no Burrow listed there, so there's something odd going on.   That one's a Target exclusive, which makes me think Target might get the whole wave early on June 1...or August 1.  Time will tell!  But everything except the Burrow is officially July 1 through LEGO directly for US fans.  That's a lot better than August, IMO.

EDIT: Looks like Buildable Hedwig will also be a retail exclusive, this time for the ailing Barnes and Noble.  Retail exclusives...what bunk!

Also, the pre-order may or may not be available for all regions.  Check out this article by The Brothers Brick:

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/04/28/six-new-lego-harry-potter-sets-revealed-for-summer-2020-with-centaurs-hogwarts-expansion-buildable-hedwig-and-more-news/

Edited by RogueTwo

LEGO is literally just adding the set pictures now to the website like for me in Netherlands the pictures aren't even loading in yet.

Might as well share my opinions about the sets, even if they’ll get buried by everything else. Since I work off a very very limited income (got a job right before this whole virus thing broke out, worst luck). With that in mind I’ve only gotten a couple sets from this reboot (WW and the first polybag), but after seeing today’s pictures, the Burrow is gonna be a day one purchase, no doubt about it now, even if I already have the original. The RoR looks like a great set for $20, the Forbidden Forest set looks okay, not really for me, but the minifigures are great. I actually like the buildable Hedwig, probably won’t get it though, but who knows. 4 Privet Drive is a bit smaller than I was expecting, and I already have the car from WW and the original Privet Drive, so it doesn’t appeal to me as much, but it still looks like a great set. AT is a wonderful addition to the Hogwarts sections, I love how we’re getting a $90-100 section of Hogwarts every year, as opposed to the old wave when it was every 3 years. Burrow is a beautiful set, better than I could have ever imagined, completely blows the old one out of the water even if that original one is still great. Can’t wait to see Diagon Alley, if it has WWW then that’s a must-buy as well.

Looking at the back of the box on Promobricks and almost had a heart attack because I thought each of the potted plants was a mandrake :laugh_hard:. Turns out the nougat colour is just for the soil but it's still a really fun feature with the scissors to recreate the scene in the film. Honestly with all these little details and stickers in this theme that harken straight back to the films I don't think these sets could be any more fan-oriented. 

Oh my God. This is the best wave yet. These sets are INCREDIBLE. I don't even mind Lavender. If I'm being nitpicky I'd single out her, Bellatrix and Ginny's faces. But how can you complain!?

Only thing I'm worried about is the Burrow isn't listed on Lego UK Show. I wonder if it's a Smyths exclusive?

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Looking at the back of the box on Promobricks and almost had a heart attack because I thought each of the potted plants was a mandrake :laugh_hard:. Turns out the nougat colour is just for the soil but it's still a really fun feature with the scissors to recreate the scene in the film. Honestly with all these little details and stickers in this theme that harken straight back to the films I don't think these sets could be any more fan-oriented. 

lego.com mentions mandrakes

Just now, deskp said:

the rest has tan doorframes in the greenhouse 6. but in the astronomy towet they use white. how odd.  I guess the whide ones only exist in white. but they could at least use the tan ones for the rest  o.O

No black lines on Hermione print looks UNSETTELING!

Oh wow I hadn't even noticed that Hermione has dual-moulded legs too! There seems to be a lot of interesting designs for the minifigures in the Astronomy Tower and I'm not sure all of them work, I'm definitely not going to display Lavender and Ron once I have the set (tho I may put their heads on some of my spare 2010 Hogwarts uniforms. However as the box art is rendered this time ( a decision that definitely makes them look odd) I'll wait until I see the minifigures in person before making up my mind about some of them like the Astronomy Tower Hermione. 

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

There‘s so many details they didn‘t have to put in there but still did, like the Weasley‘s family photo in Egypt from PoA, the pictures of Cedric and the first Order of the Phoenix, Umbridge‘s declarations and so on. You can tell that the designers love HP as much as we do :wub:

Agreed. There’s so many good details they’ve included that weren’t present in the original sets. There’s even subtle details present within the builds like the leaning top half of the Burrow. 

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Oh my God. This is the best wave yet. These sets are INCREDIBLE. I don't even mind Lavender. If I'm being nitpicky I'd single out her, Bellatrix and Ginny's faces. But how can you complain!?

Only thing I'm worried about is the Burrow isn't listed on Lego UK Show. I wonder if it's a Smyths exclusive?

It's only exclusive to Target in the U.S everywhere else it is regular retail.

Just now, Thieda said:

It's only exclusive to Target in the U.S everywhere else it is regular retail.

But it isn't showing on Lego UK Store so it might also be a UK exclusive at one of ours.

WOW these sets are absolutely gorgeous!! I was on here went to the kitchen to eat and BAM the sets hit the internet... LOVE the burrow and privet drive I for one think grawp looks amazing and unpopular opinion: really like the hedwig...

Just now, UKFan922 said:

But it isn't showing on Lego UK Store so it might also be a UK exclusive at one of ours.

Exclusives used to always be available at LEGO Shop, as well.  I have no idea why they appear to have gone back to the ridiculous "window of retail exclusivity" model.  I'll give them a few days, though, since the pictures on the website are already malfunctioning.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

They are only just adding them so they may not appear yet.

UK prices:

4 Privet Drive £64.99

Astronomy Tower £89.99

Hedwig £34.99

Room of Requirement £17.99

Forbidden Forest £24.99

Burrow £89.99

Just now, UKFan922 said:

It is now

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Someone mentioned that the Burrow may be a target exclusive here in the US so it would make sense that it was an exclusive to a store in the UK as well.  

I think lego is just uploading the sets as no images up yet on Australian site only names and some sets still missing. June 1st for Australia. America always gets a bum deal with the Harry potter sets. 

OKEY! I proceed to give you my thoughts

- The Room of requirement is full of details (as well as most of the sets of this way). The figures are nice and THAT DUMMY! I love it. I'm looking forward to see how it fits within my Hogwarts display (it looks like it has pin connections :))))))) The only thing I don't like (that much) are those falling Educational Decrees.. not the proper shape but anyways... ILL GET TWO hahaha

- The Forbidden Forest is a meh for me, great figures and I really like grawp tbh... but that tree (even though it has a play feature) looks a bit off to me.

- Privet drive is a nice inclusion but I predict that not many people would buy it. The interior is full of details and look! a flying CAKE! I still don't understand why a new car since two figures don't perfectly (you know what I mean). Lazy reuse of Vernon chest piece but whatever... That flying letters feature is DOPE. The figures in that set are the worst part of it tbh.

- Astronomy Tower: I KNEW some side building was to be included and with some modifications it will be awesome. I love everything about that set except for the greenhouse part... sorry lego im not into it. It should have been a similar build to the one appearing in the 2017 set. And what is happening with all those white pieces in the interior???? :///

- I'd rather not share my opinion about Hedwig...

- The Burrow is simply perfect... the color scheme, the crooked aspect and the figures are great. A really nice update to the one I already have... I would have love to see a nice side build but... it's amazing either way

I'm looking forward to read your thoughts!

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

UK prices:

4 Privet Drive £64.99

Astronomy Tower £89.99

Hedwig £34.99

Room of Requirement £17.99

Forbidden Forest £24.99

Burrow £89.99

It is now

Not for me. :( 

Just now, kirkwoodproductions said:

I knew something was bothering me about that minifigure but couldn't put my finger on it.

Which one? All of them or from a certain set?

Just now, Slave2Leia said:

Someone mentioned that the Burrow may be a target exclusive here in the US so it would make sense that it was an exclusive to a store in the UK as well.  

We don't get them in the UK

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Not for me. :( 

Aha, For some reason it's not listed under the HP theme yet, just search "Harry Potter" and it'll come up.

6 hours ago, Thieda said:

This also lines up with the promobricks 'next weekend' comment.

I was about to comment that the fan-cites probably have the pictures already and then they where up :tongue:

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Now if you excuse me, I'll have to attend my Wallet's funeral, it died under suspicious circumstances.

The virus got it? RIP :wink:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

@Roebuck was right about the pig!

I knew it, no way the Pirates Bay set could afford that pig :tongue:

56 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

This also marks the glorious return of the brown owls!

Finally another owl in the sets, but I still think they could have included more owls :shrug_oh_well:

42 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really like that the new Hedwig mold is in 5 of these sets!

:thumbup:

24 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Marcos Bessa supervised the wave; I would guess that he personally designed the Burrow, but that's just conjecture on my part.

He is the design lead so he probably do not have the time, but plenty of other talented designers on that theme :wink:

Tonks‘ face print looks familiar, but I can‘t put my finger on it... Can someone identify it? And Molly‘s face print is the same as Helga Hufflepuff‘s, right? Good choice I think :classic:

Do we know for sure when/where these are releasing in the US? I'll probably get everything day one bar Hedwig, brickheads (just not interested) Privet Drive, and maybe GITFF (I'll put $100 worth of sets off as I'll need something for the GWP). Well, I'll get everything day 1 if it's available at Barnes and Noble and I can use a 10% discount.

Also I hate to spoil the fun but where is The ministry battle/chamber of secrets/Bassilisk expansion pack/UCS dobby's sock mystery set Kingnono mentioned?