Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Here’s my LEGO forces of darkness having a catch-up at Little Hangleton cemetery... I wanted Voldemort, his Death Eaters and evil allies to be well represented. My son has far more fun playing with the HP LEGO if there is a very bad baddie to threaten Hogwarts and Diagon alley!

I have plundered the Internet for ideas. I have expanded the cemetery by adding LEGO Hidden Side Graveyard Mystery 70420 to the HP set. It was only A$20. Together with the available minifigures and some custom creations, the Dark Lord has an entourage! Thanks to all those sites that inspired my minifigures!

https://ibb.co/b2Vyw4h

https://ibb.co/tXtCRgM

Left to right: Bellatrix Lestrange, Thorfinn Rowle, Antonin Dulohov, Travers, Voldemort, Nagini, Peter Pettigrew, Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy, and Fenrir Greyback. They are backed up by a bunch of masked Death Eaters in masks and hoods, i.e. the two standard HP LEGO types, plus I used a couple of masked Lucius Malfoy heads to make some custom Death Eaters.

My next challenges include; building the Carrow siblings (searching for red hair!), create Sciabor and a bunch of Snatchers; find some ideas for an evil giant or two (Golgomath plus a friend), and some werewolves would be nice!

Just now, Antonin Dulohov said:

Here’s my LEGO forces of darkness having a catch-up at Little Hangleton cemetery... I wanted Voldemort, his Death Eaters and evil allies to be well represented. My son has far more fun playing with the HP LEGO if there is a very bad baddie to threaten Hogwarts and Diagon alley!

I have plundered the Internet for ideas. I have expanded the cemetery by adding LEGO Hidden Side Graveyard Mystery 70420 to the HP set. It was only A$20. Together with the available minifigures and some custom creations, the Dark Lord has an entourage! Thanks to all those sites that inspired my minifigures!

https://ibb.co/b2Vyw4h

https://ibb.co/tXtCRgM

Left to right: Bellatrix Lestrange, Thorfinn Rowle, Antonin Dulohov, Travers, Voldemort, Nagini, Peter Pettigrew, Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy, and Fenrir Greyback. They are backed up by a bunch of masked Death Eaters in masks and hoods, i.e. the two standard HP LEGO types, plus I used a couple of masked Lucius Malfoy heads to make some custom Death Eaters.

My next challenges include; building the Carrow siblings (searching for red hair!), create Sciabor and a bunch of Snatchers; find some ideas for an evil giant or two (Golgomath plus a friend), and some werewolves would be nice!

You should've probably posted this in the custom/updated Harry Potter figures thread. This thread is for speculation and discussions on new leaks, rumors and overall pictures :wink:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

As far as I know it's a standalone set

It would be interesting if Lego started making Hogwarts sets that weren’t intended to fit in with the main castle sets. Maybe that’s how eventually we could get a chamber of secrets? 

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It would be interesting if Lego started making Hogwarts sets that weren’t intended to fit in with the main castle sets. Maybe that’s how eventually we could get a chamber of secrets? 

I think Lego will eventually do a COS one way or the other, but I can't help but think it would be so cool if it actually fit underneath the current castle section. I know it's all technically out of proportion anyway, but I still think it would look good being displayed underneath.

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I think Lego will eventually do a COS one way or the other, but I can't help but think it would be so cool if it actually fit underneath the current castle section. I know it's all technically out of proportion anyway, but I still think it would look good being displayed underneath.

I wouldn't mind a CoS that doesn't look like a castle section. I'll just pick out the pieces I want and build what isn't included myself and put it under my Hogwarts (once I've actually started putting the castle on a mountain base)

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't mind a CoS that doesn't look like a castle section. I'll just pick out the pieces I want and build what isn't included myself and put it under my Hogwarts (once I've actually started putting the castle on a mountain base)

I understand what your saying, but I'm just not great at MOCs (or have the building pieces either). I need Lego to do the work for me!

1 hour ago, Albert with an A said:

I also though recent leaks had said the ROR could connect to the Castle but idk i could be wrong

Yeah stonewars said something about it I think on this forum

On 2/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, StoneWarsDE said:

We just logged in here to clarify some things, that maybe got lost in the translation and give an update on one small thing:

The most important update is: There might be a way to connect the Room of Requirement to Hogwarts. We figured it made no sense in such a small set, but now we heard that there might be Technic pins to connect it anyway. If this is "intended" or just "possible": We just don't know yet.

Other than that: All of the information is third hand, so there might be smaller mistakes in the interieur and stuff like that.

CoS and the PS Chambers could easily be in above-ground parts of the castle, they'd just need a tower are to house Fluffy's room and Myrtle's Bathroom so there is a drop to the Chambers. The Potions classroom is already like this. 

What would be harder to set with the current line up would be the boathouse and bridges such as the wooden bridge and viaduct, as they are externally visably below ground floor level. 

Just now, Seaber said:

What would be harder to set with the current line up would be the boathouse and bridges such as the wooden bridge and viaduct, as they are externally visably below ground floor level. 

I don't think they'll ever tackle either of those. Bridges don't really fit with the current connection system and the boathouse doesn't fit with the scale. And considering lego tries to stay away from directly giving us a character's death scene there really is no reason for them to make the boathouse (Snape's death is the only time we see it from the inside)

48 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think they'll ever tackle either of those. Bridges don't really fit with the current connection system and the boathouse doesn't fit with the scale. And considering lego tries to stay away from directly giving us a character's death scene there really is no reason for them to make the boathouse (Snape's death is the only time we see it from the inside)

yeah, and Snape’s death is easily the bloodiest and most gruesome of the entire franchise - definitely not something they’re going to make a set based on if they won’t even give us Cedric in the graveyard or Dumbledore in the astronomy tower. 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think there's too much of a problem for making the boathouse as long as they don't include Snape. It's not like the interiors would be that accurate anyway and they already included it in the nanoscale D2C Hogwarts. I think it's just like the astronomy tower and graveyard, leave out the one who dies and they're good. Besides most people will most likely rather connect the location to the arriving scene, especially those who read the books as he died in the Shrieking Shack. It could also stand on it's own like Hagrid's Hut and (supposedly) the greenhouses as unlike the other castle sections, this one isn't connected, only by stairs. I don't think they care that much if everything lines up perfectly like in the movies.

Bridges would indeed be more tricky as there's nothing to connect it to. But I can see them doing the wooden bridge similar to the Spider-Man bridge battle set. 

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I don't think there's too much of a problem for making the boathouse as long as they don't include Snape. It's not like the interiors would be that accurate anyway and they already included it in the nanoscale D2C Hogwarts. I think it's just like the astronomy tower and graveyard, leave out the one who dies and they're good. Besides most people will most likely rather connect the location to the arriving scene, especially those who read the books as he died in the Shrieking Shack. It could also stand on it's own like Hagrid's Hut and (supposedly) the greenhouses as unlike the other castle sections, this one isn't connected, only by stairs. I don't think they care that much if everything lines up perfectly like in the movies.

Bridges would indeed be more tricky as there's nothing to connect it to. But I can see them doing the wooden bridge similar to the Spider-Man bridge battle set. 

The problem isn’t that Snape’s death scene occurs in the boat house - the problem is that Snape’s death scene is the only scene from the movies ever to take place in the boathouse. The graveyard has an involved resurrection and massive fight scene that take place in it without Cedric’s body being visible, the Astronomy Tower has a recognizable exterior and will include several rooms that have no connection to Dumbledore’s death, but there’s no scene to recreate in the boathouse other than Snape’s murder and lego’s just not going to do that. 

57 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The problem isn’t that Snape’s death scene occurs in the boat house - the problem is that Snape’s death scene is the only scene from the movies ever to take place in the boathouse. The graveyard has an involved resurrection and massive fight scene that take place in it without Cedric’s body being visible, the Astronomy Tower has a recognizable exterior and will include several rooms that have no connection to Dumbledore’s death, but there’s no scene to recreate in the boathouse other than Snape’s murder and lego’s just not going to do that. 

I mean sure, they won't do a set based solely on the boathouse, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to just include it in a bigger Hogwarts section with a small boat or something. They even included a section based on the boathouse back in 2001 with set 4709 when we didn't even have a scene around it yet. It's just the boathouse after all, not the Snape murder room.

32 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I mean sure, they won't do a set based solely on the boathouse, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to just include it in a bigger Hogwarts section with a small boat or something. They even included a section based on the boathouse back in 2001 with set 4709 when we didn't even have a scene around it yet. It's just the boathouse after all, not the Snape murder room.

Except this isn’t the early 2000s, where Lego was designing sets before the movies released and had little to no idea what anything looked like and just made whatever they felt looked cool. Sure it made for some fun hidden compartments, but the current run of the theme is much more strictly adhering to screen accuracy, which means if something only appears once any set based off that location would have to be based off that scene. Not to mention I think you’re vastly underestimating how big a building would need to be to accommodate just one of those Lego boats with a minifigure sized walkway to the side - it would be giving our current Hagrid’s Hut a run for its money - not exactly a negligible little side build. Add on the fact that most fans (and more importantly the target demographic of children) have a laundry list of other Harry Potter sets that they’d rather see made into reality and, well, I wouldn’t hold my breath on the boathouse. 

Edited by Accio Lego

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think they'll ever tackle either of those. Bridges don't really fit with the current connection system and the boathouse doesn't fit with the scale.

Well, maybe, but those are two major structures in the Battle of Hogwarts and the wooden bridge has the obvious play feature of blowing up. I'd be surprised if we didn't see at least one of the three next year. 

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The problem isn’t that Snape’s death scene occurs in the boat house - the problem is that Snape’s death scene is the only scene from the movies ever to take place in the boathouse. 

There is a scene where Voldemort talks to Lucius Malfoy in the Boathouse. 

Anyway, in the UK lots of HP sets reduced right now, I just got the two summer wave sets for £50. Might be a good time to get a few more of those GoF Death eaters or Beaubatons students :) 

51 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Except this isn’t the early 2000s, where Lego was designing sets before the movies released and had little to no idea what anything looked like and just made whatever they felt looked cool. Sure it made for some fun hidden compartments, but the current run of the theme is much more strictly adhering to screen accuracy, which means if something only appears once any set based off that location would have to be based off that scene. Not to mention I think you’re vastly underestimating how big a building would need to be to accommodate just one of those Lego boats with a minifigure sized walkway to the side - it would be giving our current Hagrid’s Hut a run for its money - not exactly a negligible little side build. Add on the fact that most fans (and more importantly the target demographic of children) have a laundry list of other Harry Potter sets that they’d rather see made into reality and, well, I wouldn’t hold my breath on the boathouse. 

Well except of course for the Mirror of Erised with Dumbledore and his socks. I also don't recall ever seeing the inside of the Beauxbaton carriage. They are including random castle sections that aren't based on anything that actually appeared on screen in basically all Hogwarts sets so I don't see why they wouldn't do one for an actual location. The inside doesn't even have to be accurate, non the the sets have 100% accurate interiors, neither does it have to fit an enormous boat. I can see them doing a small, brickbuild one like in the old lake task set. And I know there are tons of locations Lego and fans priorities, but that doesn't mean they can't put it in as an extra to other hogwarts sections, it really doesn't have to be much bigger than the ballroom in the clock tower, maybe about the size of Dumbledore's office tower. I'm not saying it will happen, and if it does it will probably take some time anyway, but I'm just saying there's no reason to rule it out.

36 minutes ago, Seaber said:

There is a scene where Voldemort talks to Lucius Malfoy in the Boathouse. 

Do you really think 5 seconds of screentime with Lucius and Voldy makes it more likely to get the boathouse?

31 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well except of course for the Mirror of Erised with Dumbledore and his socks. I also don't recall ever seeing the inside of the Beauxbaton carriage. They are including random castle sections that aren't based on anything that actually appeared on screen in basically all Hogwarts sets so I don't see why they wouldn't do one for an actual location. The inside doesn't even have to be accurate, non the the sets have 100% accurate interiors, neither does it have to fit an enormous boat. I can see them doing a small, brickbuild one like in the old lake task set. And I know there are tons of locations Lego and fans priorities, but that doesn't mean they can't put it in as an extra to other hogwarts sections, it really doesn't have to be much bigger than the ballroom in the clock tower, maybe about the size of Dumbledore's office tower. I'm not saying it will happen, and if it does it will probably take some time anyway, but I'm just saying there's no reason to rule it out.

No way they would give us the boathouse with small brickbuilt boats. Besides the boats not lining up with the one we got in the GH that older boat wouldn't even fit. They really try to be consistent in this theme.

And as someone who has build his own boathouse I can tell you the building needs to be at least 12x16 studs to be able to hold a boat and for minifigures to have (minimal) room for play/posing

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Do you really think 5 seconds of screentime with Lucius and Voldy makes it more likely to get the boathouse? 

I'm not trying to second guess Lego, I was just mentioning that it doesn't just appear in the death scene. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

No way they would give us the boathouse with small brickbuilt boats. Besides the boats not lining up with the one we got in the GH that older boat wouldn't even fit. They really try to be consistent in this theme.

And as someone who has build his own boathouse I can tell you the building needs to be at least 12x16 studs to be able to hold a boat and for minifigures to have (minimal) room for play/posing

Well they've made sets on scenes with less screentime for other themes in the past (looking at you star wars). And boats not lining up with the other one means nothing considering we're all still expecting a Chamber of Secrets somewhere in the future. I can tell you that basilisk won't line up with the one we're having right now. And the posing and playability on such a small section really doesn't matter. I mean we've seen the courtyard in the Great Hall... Besides would they ever make a section of Hogwarts that's somewhat smaller than the ones we're used to, then the boathouse would be a great way to fill it up. It doesn't even have to be a complete building, it could be just a facade or something that only slightly resembles the place. Non of the buildings so far were complete, so why should the boathouse be? We're always so quick to say something is impossible, while Lego has proven time and time again that they don't take their own rules that serious. They surprised us every single time. But we'll see I guess.

55 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well they've made sets on scenes with less screentime for other themes in the past (looking at you star wars). And boats not lining up with the other one means nothing considering we're all still expecting a Chamber of Secrets somewhere in the future. I can tell you that basilisk won't line up with the one we're having right now. And the posing and playability on such a small section really doesn't matter. I mean we've seen the courtyard in the Great Hall... Besides would they ever make a section of Hogwarts that's somewhat smaller than the ones we're used to, then the boathouse would be a great way to fill it up. It doesn't even have to be a complete building, it could be just a facade or something that only slightly resembles the place. Non of the buildings so far were complete, so why should the boathouse be? We're always so quick to say something is impossible, while Lego has proven time and time again that they don't take their own rules that serious. They surprised us every single time. But we'll see I guess.

I agree, I feel like every time people say Lego definitely won’t do something, Lego does it. I personally see no reason why the boathouse won’t happen at some point. They don’t have to make it Snape’s death scene. We all know Lego tends to mix and match scenes with locations and minifigures when it suits them (Basilisk in the GH, Dumedore’s office in the Clock Tower, etc.). Everyone said they definitely won’t make a GOF Death Eater because of the underlying KKK insinuation, but here we are. 

Snoke’s throne room is a really good example of LEGO not shying away from making a set that is remembered for a major death. Especially since the majority of those figures die by the end of the scene.

If Lego did want to put the COS under the Great Hall set, they could have the Chamber itself be under the hall, while the entrance with the snake door could be under the tower portion.

I don't post much here but enjoy reading the discussion in the thread and seeing the excitement build since the leaks for this year releases. However, I have noticed a lot of gatekeeping from certain members that seems to think their opinion of what LEGO will or won't release overrides anyone else's. Honestly anyone can make up rules based on assumptions and guess work, but unless LEGO themselves come out and state that they will never release a set for whatever reason then really anything goes. It's much more fun to explore and discuss any possibilities with an open mind rather than shutting down every avenue bought forward, just because is doesn't ring true with your own particular likelihoods and rule sets.