Hinckley

Thack Desteck—Day 2, That Tickles!

Aah, sweet singing clears the mind. I love how the sea spider seemed to enjoy the music too.

Seems like everyone is gone for their beauty sleep though. Wakey wakey, it voting time!

As I said earlier, I'm still suspicious of Eeyara. But going back to yesterday's conversations, something else struck me as slightly odd.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, Araveea said:

Interesting point you're bringing. Thanks for the research. What I see though is scum basically voting in more or less the same pattern as town. Yeah they do pile on when a lynch seems to be attainable... sometimes. I have added some red in there to show what happened when the scum were being voted for. Seems like scum never vote for other scum on day one. I suppose that's not rocket science, but still.

On 12/17/2019 at 11:18 AM, Zandder said:

Why would it be in the traitor's best interests to look scummy? Why would Luxxon be upset that you pointed out someone who might be a traitor? Do you think he and Cadd are in cahoots?

"Ah yes my request for B is completely separate from my request from A even though they are in consecutive sentences with no transition." Classic.

If you say "it ended up being helpful" then it means you didn't plan for it from the start. You're busking to try and make Luxxon's interpretation look stupid. Well call me stupid too because I agree with him.

*and the quoted vote looks OMGUS more than anything else

Considering how hard you're trying to spin things against Cadd and Luxxon, it does look like you're trying to sow seeds for future lynches.

Unvote: Nerrio

Vote: Marwyyn

I find it interesting that you would change your vote not long after I mentioned that scum never vote for each other on day 1. Coincidence? Did you really believe Marwyyn was scum? Or did you think that going after your partner yesterday would serve you in the long run? It's a long shot but I'd like to hear you on this. Vote: Zandder.

Yesterday, Marwyyn seemed overly vocal, like they were trying to appear active and helpful to come out on the side of town. Seems fishy to me. 

Well, I don't think I've really learned anything new since the day has started other than some people still read too much into the pictures despite countless reminders of no clues in pictures. 

So I'm going to Vote: Cadd again because I still think he's suspicious and also there can only be one old timer under the sea here. Speaking of which, I've knitted everyone a sweater. Even Cadd. 

On 12/19/2019 at 7:29 PM, Luxxon said:

The beginning of my post was me acknowledging that I had forgotten that the scum killing the traitor results in the traitor being recalled.  The traitor being recalled by a scum kill action does result in the traitor being recalled.  It is not an opinion, it is a fact written in our Night Zero rules. 

At the end I say they "may" have used a recall action.  Where did I agree that what action doesn't work? 

I think you are reading something into my post that just isn't there - the points I was making were that there are a range of potential explanations or reasons for the number of kills we have in a night and that we don't know if scum have or have not recruited already.

I'm not reading anything into anything, and I'm not accusing you of anything, so cool your jets. I did think your logic was weird, and I was pointing it out. 

You remembered that the scum recruit the traitor by using the kill action on the traitor, a fact, yes indeed, and I wrongly said opinion, apologies. You then suggested the scum used that kill/ convert action on Night Zero, yet Prochillaxeroos said the town were only getting their roles Day One. I was saying that I don't believe the scum would have been able to use an ability (kill/convert), before anyone in the Town has even received a night action.

23 hours ago, Araveea said:

I find it interesting that a killer-for-hire would be the one to hit Ronnan. Is it just another way to hide the allegiance of the killer, or is it literally one player (the Traveler?) doing the kills for all parties? Through the scrolls?

Okay, I won't be mentioning the scrolls again, don't lynch me! :blush:

You find it interesting that the character to kill Ronnan was the killer for hire? The killer for hire who said he worked for both teams?

030.jpg

I know Day One was a while ago and all, and I suppose you could try to argue that there are no clues in the pictures, but I don't think this is a clue so much as an actual definitive statement from Prochillaxeroos.

People will only vote to lynch you if you look and act scummy. Which is what you're doing right now. 

8 hours ago, Mazziko said:

Maybe not the only ways. But what are the other ways? You were quick to disagree but failed to provide any alternative solutions.  

3 hours ago, Mazziko said:

I find it interesting that a killer-for-hire would be the one to hit Ronnan. Is it just another way to hide the allegiance of the killer, or is it literally one player (the Traveler?) doing the kills for all parties? Through the scrolls?

Okay, I won't be mentioning the scrolls again, don't lynch me! :blush:

So because I won't do your thinking for you you think you've "called me out"? Oh please, and, oh my, I haven't responded within a relatively short space of time. :hmpf: It's not like this is a busy time of year for coin counting, book balancing and other alliterative actions related to money or anything. Financial fine-tuning and fiduciary finessing, there we go. :tongue:

On 12/19/2019 at 1:41 PM, Mazziko said:

I agree and Theoretically a recall could happen any night. I think the only way we would know for sure is if a tracker went after the gorgon who had used the recall action or a watcher who targets the traitor. 

A recall could indeed happen any night (except Zero), I agree with that. I've added some emphasis myself in the quote directly above.

The tracker: would have to know they were tracking a gorgon (how could they?) and know that the gorgon was using kill/recruit (rather than block, and they can't know that) and know that the target is the traitor and that the traitor isn't protected etc. The watcher would be more reliable (because you could rule out protection of the target by another, as they'd be seen also, and blocking, as then the gorgon wouldn't be seen), but they'd still need to know that the person they're watching is the traitor, that the gorgon is a gorgon, and they're not blocking/tracking/rolecopping etc. There's a whole load of things trackers and watchers would have to know, and I would seriously hope that if they actually knew who the gorgons and/or traitors were that they'd just tell us instead of leaving them to murder and/or recruit at night just so they can track them or watch their target. This is not to say that tracking/watching results aren't worth testing, but that there's a whole load more stuff to consider, and you won't know for sure at all.

As to the other ways we might know about gorgons recalling traitors, well, I'll leave that to your own research. 

I would be very happy to vote for Marwyyn again today, and will do if needed for a lynch. She has steadied herself since yesterday; possibly a team-mate had a word in her ear? But I still have the same issues as yesterday.

Today, though, I will Vote: Araveea. Yesterday you were so sharp and yet today you are so flat; I think you are deliberately sowing the seeds of discord. 

4 hours ago, Nerrio said:

.Vote: Marwyyn

Yesterday, Marwyyn seemed overly vocal, like they were trying to appear active and helpful to come out on the side of town. Seems fishy to me. 

Bah quietness!

speak up boy!

we want overly vocal, noisy people. They make other people vocal and noisy.

And the more that is said, the more we have to analyse. And the more chance we have of grogons saying something stupid, which we’ll catch and expose and lynch them and for.

Don’t encourage silence, it only helps the grogons.

27 minutes ago, Tameekys said:

Well, I don't think I've really learned anything new since the day has started other than some people still read too much into the pictures despite countless reminders of no clues in pictures. 

So I'm going to Vote: Cadd again because I still think he's suspicious and also there can only be one old timer under the sea here. Speaking of which, I've knitted everyone a sweater. Even Cadd. 

Thanks again hoe-girl. I can’t remember if your knitting’s better or worse than your cooking. I do know it’s better than your kissing. Be a dear and tell everyone why you suspicion me, it’s really not obvious.

19 minutes ago, Nancy said:

You find it interesting that the character to kill Ronnan was the killer for hire? The killer for hire who said he worked for both teams?

(picture)

I know Day One was a while ago and all, and I suppose you could try to argue that there are no clues in the pictures, but I don't think this is a clue so much as an actual definitive statement from Prochillaxeroos.

People will only vote to lynch you if you look and act scummy. Which is what you're doing right now. 

Today, though, I will Vote: Araveea. Yesterday you were so sharp and yet today you are so flat; I think you are deliberately sowing the seeds of discord.

Sowing the seeds of discord? What the bollocks? I'm acting scummy? You're not discussing my voting, you're not discussing my theories, you're focusing on small talk that has no influence whatsoever on who anyone is voting for. Sorry but this is uber lazy. What do you thing of Zannder? Accuse me for pointing fingers at the wrong people, or trying to have an innocent lynched, not because I'm arguing about clues in pictures. Pah.

No wonder your name is so weird. Naancee would sound better. :tongue:

5 hours ago, Araveea said:

I find it interesting that you would change your vote not long after I mentioned that scum never vote for each other on day 1.

Really? You're giving yourself rather much credit here. I didn't pay much attention to what you said because most of it's a crock of shite, like your theory about the night killer and your suggestions yesterday to wait for night action results to be revealed. Sorry, I guess? Yes, Marwyyn is suspicious. Vote: Marwyyn

Actually Marwyyn came to me in the night to explain that she thought Luxxon was scum and Cadd was a traitor. I use the past tense because she's not really gone into it today. All we've got from Marwyyn today is "Eeyara probably wanted to bump Ronnan off".

I like the crunk music, though. That's good stuff.

Just now, Zandder said:

Actually Marwyyn came to me in the night to explain that she thought Luxxon was scum and Cadd was a traitor. I use the past tense because she's not really gone into it today. All we've got from Marwyyn today is "Eeyara probably wanted to bump Ronnan off". 

Well it'd be nice if he also shared his suspicions in public. Why did he confide in you then? I also spoke with him but he said nothing of the sort.

56 minutes ago, Marwyyn said:

That it? I'm disappointed. 

There was a bit more in that sentence. But yes, I found you acting as an attack dog trying to stay vocal and at the forfront of the conversation to look helpful.

19 minutes ago, Cadd said:

Bah quietness!

speak up boy!

we want overly vocal, noisy people. They make other people vocal and noisy.

And the more that is said, the more we have to analyse. And the more chance we have of grogons saying something stupid, which we’ll catch and expose and lynch them and for.

Don’t encourage silence, it only helps the grogons.

I'm noit saying we should be silent, that's the worst thing, but being overly vocal can come across very tryhard.

5 minutes ago, Zandder said:

Really? You're giving yourself rather much credit here. I didn't pay much attention to what you said because most of it's a crock of shite, like your theory about the night killer and your suggestions yesterday to wait for night action results to be revealed. Sorry, I guess? Yes, Marwyyn is suspicious. Vote: Marwyyn

I'd love to know this reasoning.

11 minutes ago, Zandder said:

I'd also like to know why she thinks so.

11 minutes ago, Zandder said:

I like the crunk music, though. That's good stuff.

Thanks.  The flute is often a misunderstood instrument, but it can be used create to such beautiful melodies.

9 minutes ago, Zandder said:

Really? You're giving yourself rather much credit here. I didn't pay much attention to what you said because most of it's a crock of shite, like your theory about the night killer and your suggestions yesterday to wait for night action results to be revealed.

Wait a minute, where did I say that again? I find it very interesting that you say on one hand that you don't pay attention to what I'm saying, and in the same breath reveal that you noticed something very specific. You sound to me like you are on the lookout for people who might be waiting for results of night actions. :sceptic:

Bah whispers.

13 minutes ago, Zandder said:

Actually Marwyyn came to me in the night to explain that she thought Luxxon was scum and Cadd was a traitor.

8 minutes ago, Araveea said:

I also spoke with him but he said nothing of the sort.

I also have been playing whispers with Marwyyn. 
In that conversation, she side she was reaching out to various people because in a  previous life she saw someone do the same and it helped them win though their crisis.

We discussed my (non) traitoriness and the utter lack of evidence for a town killer, despite it being raised as a possibility by some earlier today.

Oh, yay. I love talking about me.

22 minutes ago, Nerrio said:

but being overly vocal can come across very tryhard.

While you on the other hand aren't trying at all.

On 12/19/2019 at 8:12 PM, Luxxon said:

There was only one kill overnight. With this many masters here, we could be expected to have a town vig and a scum killer.  So, was the other kill blocked or his/her intended victim protected? Or do we not have a town vig? 

On 12/19/2019 at 10:31 PM, Tameekys said:

That said, I'm presuming there's other kill actions out there. The traveler might get one and the town might have one. 

On 12/20/2019 at 3:08 AM, Eeyara said:

What I'm most surprised about is that there was only one death, but like Mazziko said, a good vig would wait it out on night one so maybe we got lucky and have a good vig on our side. However, it could also mean that the vig was blocked, target was protected, or any other number of reasons for one kill. I don't feel like there's much to analyze regarding number of kills until patterns develop.

Luxxon raises the vig as a possibility, simply given the numbers. 
I disagree that the dozen and a bit of us should expect a town kill action.

Tameekys presumes other kill actions, suggesting the traveller might get one.
She’s probably not wrong. But the traveller is not an SK so doesn’t have a native kill action. And I have information that the scroll from day one wasn’t a kill action either.

However. Eeyara expresses surprise there was only one kill. She expected or wanted more. She seems to have more information on this topic than we do. It’d be good for her to share it, which is why I voted for her, to prompt a response.

1 hour ago, Nancy said:

She has steadied herself since yesterday

If I'm steady now...does that mean I was...unsteady? I think I've got that right right? Please, pray tell, what was this...unsteadyness you speak of?

43 minutes ago, Zandder said:

Actually Marwyyn came to me in the night to explain that she thought Luxxon was scum and Cadd was a traitor. 

That was in reply to a question you'd asked before the day ended that I didn't get to answer. Same for Coralazze.

1 hour ago, Nancy said:

I think you are deliberately sowing the seeds of discord. 

Ya know, I feel like I'm seeing this saying being tossed around a bit. Is it like a new trend I'm not aware of?

25 minutes ago, Araveea said:

Wait a minute, where did I say that again? I find it very interesting that you say on one hand that you don't pay attention to what I'm saying, and in the same breath reveal that you noticed something very specific. You sound to me like you are on the lookout for people who might be waiting for results of night actions. :sceptic:

It's because you said it early, in the midst of your obsession with the scrolls, before I started tuning you out:

On 12/15/2019 at 6:08 PM, Araveea said:

Yeah, I doubt a Gorgon will slip so badly today that we will be able to lynch with any measure of confidence. Depending on how action-greedy the Gorgons have been, we might be able to gather some information by tomorrow morning. 

To me this screams that you "might be waiting for the results of night actions".

8 minutes ago, Marwyyn said:

If I'm steady now...does that mean I was...unsteady? I think I've got that right right? Please, pray tell, what was this...unsteadyness you speak of?

That was in reply to a question you'd asked before the day ended that I didn't get to answer. Same for Coralazze.

OK, but what was so pressing about it that you had to come to me in the night rather than telling everyone in the new day?

Just now, Zandder said:

OK, but what was so pressing about it that you had to come to me in the night rather than telling everyone in the new day?

Maybe unlike you, I was bored and had nothing better to do in the night. 

And frankly that whole argument with Luxxon was really dumb (on his part), and I didn't want to have any unanswered questions to deal with in the morning. 

1 hour ago, Nancy said:

won't know for sure at all.

As to the other ways we might know about gorgons recalling traitors, well, I'll leave that to your own research. 

Point taken. You cant be 100% sure maybe. But still have a rough idea of what moghtve happened.

25 minutes ago, Cadd said:

Tameekys presumes other kill actions, suggesting the traveller might get one.
She’s probably not wrong. But the traveller is not an SK so doesn’t have a native kill action. And I have information that the scroll from day one wasn’t a kill action either.

What information is this?

1 hour ago, Zandder said:

All we've got from Marwyyn today is "Eeyara probably wanted to bump Ronnan off".

Unimportant note but that's only half of what I said.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:56 AM, Marwyyn said:

Maybe Eeyara wanted him gone or scum would hope we'd think that.

Vote Tally

Eeyara: 1 (Cadd)
Zandder: 1 (Araveea)
Nancy: 1 (Mazziko)
Marwyyn: 2 (Nerrio, Zandder)
Scabowee-wah: 1 (Luxxon)
Cadd: 1 (Tameekys)
Araveea: 1 (Nancy)
Non-voters: 5 (Coralaaze, Eeyara, Marwyyn, Scabowee-wah)

There are approximately 31.5 hours remaining in Day Two.

On 12/20/2019 at 6:25 AM, Cadd said:

vote:Eeyara

On 12/20/2019 at 9:49 AM, Araveea said:

Vote: Zandder.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:11 AM, Mazziko said:

Vote: Nancy

23 hours ago, Nerrio said:

20 hours ago, Luxxon said:

Vote: Scabowee-wah.  Just a poke at this stage since we haven't heard from the jelly blob yet today.

19 hours ago, Tameekys said:

Vote: Cadd

19 hours ago, Nancy said:

Vote: Araveea.

18 hours ago, Zandder said:

2 hours ago, Marwyyn said:

Oh, yay. I love talking about me.

While you on the other hand aren't trying at all.

I love talking about other people too. Part of the PR job.

Your late day posts on Day 1 reek of you trying to spin attention from you to others, notably when you were called out for your vote but thinking Luxxon was more suspicious.

5 minutes ago, Nerrio said:

Your late day posts on Day 1 reek of you trying to spin attention from you to others

Examples???

2 hours ago, Mazziko said:

What information is this?

He found a scroll on the ground. Damn Traveler likes to litter apparently. JK BTW