Hinckley

Thack Desteck—Day 2, That Tickles!

Players (in their anonymous character accounts) only please!!!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

Day Two has begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will last precisely 72 hours. Each day a random player will be given a scroll. The scroll will contain an ability that the Neutral (Traveler) can use. It will be up to the player who receives the scroll if they want to pass it along to the Traveler.

Rules

(Deviations from the EB standard Mafia rules are in bold blue. Modified clauses have been struck through.)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town (Oceanides) or the Scum (Gorgons). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to kill off all of the Town, or nothing can prevent this from happening (see example role PMs below) Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

1a. This is an anonymous game and you may only post in your character account sent to you by the host. Be sure to check before you post that you are in your anonymous account and not in your main Eurobricks account.

1b. When communicating in private, you should not reveal you true identities to each other, either.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. A majority being reached will not end the day. The day will continue for the full 72 hours and any majority vote that is reached can be overturned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves. Players may not target themselves. Unless otherwise noted in your role PM, players CAN target the same player two nights in a row.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, you may not directly quote any communications that were sent to you by other players in the game. If you wish to reveal private communications, these must also be paraphrased. 

5a. The Role PM is structured for every player in this way:

Player: Your EB Profile

Character: Character name

Affiliation: Town (Oceanide) or Scum (Gorgon) or Neutral (Traveler)

Role: [Either the details of a Night Action or] Vanilla. You have no ability. Your power is in your vote! Use it wisely.

Win Condition: Either (You win when all of the Gorgons (Scum) are eliminated) or (You win when all of the Oceanides (Town) are dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening) or (Neutral's win condition)

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator. A warning will be given upon our first violation of Rule 1. Do be careful when posting to ensure you are posting from the correct account.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

NPC

0_tellia.jpg

Queen Tellia, Ruler of Thack Desteck

0_naryyus.jpg

King Naryyus, Dead King

0_kyrrio.jpg

Kyrrio, King's Guard

0_ddewy.jpg

Ddewy, Queen's Guard

0_killer.jpg

—, Killer-for-hire

0_proochllooeros.jpg

Proochllooeros, Ocean Shaman

Characters

araveea.jpg

Araveea, Master of Music

cadd.jpg

Cadd, Special Counsel to the Queen

coralaaze.jpg

Coralaaze, Master of Education

eeyara.jpg

Eeyara, Master of Negotiations

luxxon.jpg

Luxxon, Master of Music

marwyyn.jpg

Marwyyn, Master of Architecture

mazziko.jpg

Mazziko, Master of Labor

nancy.jpg

Nancy, Master of Coin

nerrio.jpg

Nerrio, Master of Public Relations

scabowee_wah.jpg

Scabowee-wah, Master of Invertebrate Relations

tameekys.jpg

Tameekys, Master of Agriculture

zandder.jpg

Zandder, Master of Coral Protection

The Dead

ronnan.jpg

Ronnan, Master of War—Oceanidemudered on Night One

**Council titles are strictly for players to have fun with their characters.

Ok, first I just want to point out is the coral. It recieved something. Brandy. Has to be a joking coral? That can't be confirmation anything was passed to the Traveler? That would break rule 12.

Ronnan was also a fairly quiet player and was killed. Possibly the scum thinking he was their Traitor trying to lay low if they didn't recruit?

Bah Ronnan, what is it good for?

Quiet? I’ve had bowel moments noisier than out late Master or Woar.

On 12/17/2019 at 6:23 AM, Ronnan said:

Hee hee!  That tickles!

This is just unhelpful.  Pick someone other than yourself.

I'm of the opinion that discussing the traveler was a useful thing in that it gets people talking about something other than the normal "oh no!  we have to lynch someone" business.  Personally, I would weigh whether or not to pass on the scroll based on what's in it, but it seems like passing it on early would be less potentially dangerous than passing it along later.  Plus, where's the fun in holding on to something if I can't use it?

For now, I will Vote: Araveea.  Araveea has spoken several times since voting was opened up, but hasn't cast a vote yet.  I feel like she's waiting to see where the votes land.

On 12/17/2019 at 8:16 AM, Ronnan said:

"So many people" was and still is just 2.  I added my vote, yes.

Thanks for voting for someone other than yourself.  Are you at all concerned about all the people piling onto Marwyyn?  I mean, you're the 3rd vote here and you thought the 2 votes on Araveea were piling on...

On 12/18/2019 at 7:58 AM, Ronnan said:

The problem with this analysis is that it's focused on recent occurrences with no lynch.  Voting patterns become useful when two things happen: one of the dead people is scum and you can see how people reacted to that vote.  You can't draw nearly as much information from voting patterns until you know the alignment of the candidates for certain, and absent the threat of a lynch, scum can vote in any sort of random pattern.

You left Eeyara out... and both Araveea and Marwyyn voted for Eeyara.

So, what got him killed? Is it because, as soul-patch boy says, he was quiet?

Is it because, In his first post he says that if he had the scroll he would pass it?

is it because he voted for Araveea? Or pointed out that Araveea voted for Eeyara?

Bah. 

1 hour ago, Nerrio said:

Ronnan was also a fairly quiet player and was killed. Possibly the scum thinking he was their Traitor trying to lay low if they didn't recruit?

I doubt scum would want to kill someone that they can potentially recall into their team.

54 minutes ago, Cadd said:

Bah Ronnan, what is it good for?

Is it because, In his first post he says that if he had the scroll he would pass it?

is it because he voted for Araveea? Or pointed out that Araveea voted for Eeyara?

Bah. 

Ronnan was quiet in that he only posted a few times.  I think it more likely that he was killed by scum for potentially being a PR.

There was only one kill overnight. With this many masters here, we could be expected to have a town vig and a scum killer.  So, was the other kill blocked or his/her intended victim protected? Or do we not have a town vig? 

2 hours ago, Luxxon said:

I doubt scum would want to kill someone that they can potentially recall into their team.

Targeting the traitor with the kill action is how the scum recall him.

*If the Scum opt to not use the “recall Traitor” action, they can still recall the Traitor by targeting them with the kill action. In which case, the Traitor would survive and be recalled. Until the Traitor is recalled, any investigative Action will produce a “Not Gorgon” result.

Long live the new King!

Just now, Marwyyn said:

You beat me to it correcting Luxxon. 

2 hours ago, Luxxon said:

Beyond that, I think that them using their kill instead of  "recall traitor" is a reasonably better action, since it's a win win for them. They either get their compatriot back or they kill a townie. I think that the night where we don't see any kills is the night where we can say they've got their traitor back into the fold. 

That said, I'm presuming there's other kill actions out there. The traveler might get one and the town might have one. 

5 hours ago, Nerrio said:

Ok, first I just want to point out is the coral. It recieved something. Brandy. Has to be a joking coral? That can't be confirmation anything was passed to the Traveler? That would break rule 12.

Yes, it would break rule 12, so why are you even commenting on it, let alone have it be the first thing you say today?

5 hours ago, Nerrio said:

Is that what you think or are you just asking a question?

4 hours ago, Cadd said:

And what did those bowel movements (I assume you mean movements) produce? I think you're confusing quantity and quality.

4 hours ago, Cadd said:

What do you think? 

I think it's because he was quiet and less likely to be protected or watched, but might also have the bonus of having some kind of power role, or the bonus of being the traitor lying relatively low.

The amount of WIFOM surrounding scum killing town because they voted for [scum or town] makes it difficult for me to believe the scum would try to engineer us to think that either were the case, unless they were going to try to push one of those as a reason themselves in the day thread.

I agree with Tameekys that we should worry about a night with no kills, but the scum might consider not killing for a night to fool us, although I doubt that, for the reasons Tameekys stated (that using the action is a win-win for them). 

Who knows about other killing roles, but considering how worried people were about lynching yesterday, I would assume (or at least hope) that any vig out there would stay home until really necessary.  

1 hour ago, Marwyyn said:

1 hour ago, Tameekys said:

You beat me to it correcting Luxxon. 

Sorry. Looks like I had a blond moment.

1 hour ago, Tameekys said:

Beyond that, I think that them using their kill instead of  "recall traitor" is a reasonably better action, since it's a win win for them. They either get their compatriot back or they kill a townie. I think that the night where we don't see any kills is the night where we can say they've got their traitor back into the fold. 

Or we see one kill by a townie or the traveller, and we don't see the other because it results in the  traitor being recalled.  So in theory, the recall could have happened last night, right? 

I don't think we can necessarily assume the night with no kills is when they've got the traitor back in their fold.  There are other reasons why there may be a lack of kills on any one night. And they may have chosen to pick and use the Recall Traitor ability during Night Zero. 

It seems unlikely a Vig would strike on Night 1. Especially with no concrete evidence. 

6 hours ago, Nerrio said:

I definitely don't think the pictures indicate whether the traveller has received something or not.

12 minutes ago, Luxxon said:

Or we see one kill by a townie or the traveller, and we don't see the other because it results in the  traitor being recalled.  So in theory, the recall could have happened last night, right? 

I don't think we can necessarily assume the night with no kills is when they've got the traitor back in their fold.  There are other reasons why there may be a lack of kills on any one night. And they may have chosen to pick and use the Recall Traitor ability during Night Zero. 

I agree and Theoretically a recall could happen any night. I think the only way we would know for sure is if a tracker went after the gorgon who had used the recall action or a watcher who targets the traitor. 

41 minutes ago, Nancy said:

And what did those bowel movements (I assume you mean movements) produce? I think you're confusing quantity and quality.

I presumed he meant flatulence darling.

5 hours ago, Cadd said:

So, what got him killed?

Well every post was about or at least had something about Eeyara. Maybe Eeyara wanted him gone or scum would hope we'd think that.

7 hours ago, Cadd said:

I would imagine it was just a random pic, there are so many of us to choose from and with the kill/recall ability there's absolutely not risk to them (as in they can't accidentally kill an ally). It really doesn't seem like there was much put into the why's of it, a first night scum kill is usually just "who probably won't be protected" and nothing more.

What I'm most surprised about is that there was only one death, but like Mazziko said, a good vig would wait it out on night one so maybe we got lucky and have a good vig on our side. However, it could also mean that the vig was blocked, target was protected, or any other number of reasons for one kill. I don't feel like there's much to analyze regarding number of kills until patterns develop.

Our PR holders know what they did last night and hopefully can get word to somebody to let us know if there's anything useful to learn from last night.

8 hours ago, Nerrio said:

It recieved something.

Proochllooeros is referreing to the carrot, pie and wine glass that are literally under His Blobbiness. No jokes and certainly no revelations about what happened in the night. Though I do think the brandy would float up through the clairvoyant coral, seeing as alcohol is less dense than water.

8 hours ago, Cadd said:

It would be going out on quite a long limb to hope (a) that he had received a scroll and (b) hadn't given it away already, especially since (c) only those who have received scrolls know what effect they have. Though I do agree with Tameekys that it wouldn't be surprising if one of the scrolls gave a kill action to the Traveler.

3 hours ago, Nancy said:

I think it's because he was quiet and less likely to be protected or watched, but might also have the bonus of having some kind of power role, or the bonus of being the traitor lying relatively low.

I'm inclined to agree with this assessment of the situation.

As for rationalizing one death rather than two: Mazziko said it. A responsible vigilante doesn't attack on Night One.

3 hours ago, Luxxon said:

Sorry. Looks like I had a blond moment.

And they may have chosen to pick and use the Recall Traitor ability during Night Zero. 

The beginning of your post is you agreeing with other people's opinions that the kill action likely recalls the traitor. The end of your post you suggest the scum used you originally posited recall action on Night Zero. Night Zero? Really? They get to use an action that you've now agreed doesn't work that way before the town roles even get sent out? I'm not convinced you thought that through.

2 hours ago, Mazziko said:

I agree and Theoretically a recall could happen any night. I think the only way we would know for sure is if a tracker went after the gorgon who had used the recall action or a watcher who targets the traitor. 

Those are absolutely not the only ways, and those ways wouldn't even be in any way conclusive.

2 hours ago, Marwyyn said:

I presumed he meant flatulence darling.

Then you presumed wrong, darling. Gas is not a "bowel movement".

Still, either way, the point stands. 

29 minutes ago, Eeyara said:

I don't feel like there's much to analyze regarding number of kills until patterns develop.

I agree.

On my sea-mobile so quoting isn’t easy. I was mentioning the coral/rule 12 because it was my first thought, and I tend to be stream of conscious as I like to think and see everything I can. 

as others mentioned, if the traitor wasn’t recruited, killing is how the scum get the traitor to join. 

quiet players usually are killed off. It could have been thought as a strategy to get connected. 

6 hours ago, Tameekys said:

I think that the night where we don't see any kills is the night where we can say they've got their traitor back into the fold. 

A pretty reasonable take. The odds a successful block/protect, assuming we have those, seem lower than the odds of the scum just getting lucky and targeting the traitor. Assuming recall traitor and kill are mutually exclusive. Assuming they even have the former role.

This is what happens without a day one lynch. There's a whole lot less to go off of. If Ronnan was targeted for fear of being a PR because of his silence, then I guess it has the side effect of leaving us with very little to analyze of him.

On 12/16/2019 at 2:23 PM, Ronnan said:

Hee hee!  That tickles!

[[Eeyara's self-vote here]]

This is just unhelpful.  Pick someone other than yourself.

I'm of the opinion that discussing the traveler was a useful thing in that it gets people talking about something other than the normal "oh no!  we have to lynch someone" business.  Personally, I would weigh whether or not to pass on the scroll based on what's in it, but it seems like passing it on early would be less potentially dangerous than passing it along later.  Plus, where's the fun in holding on to something if I can't use it?

For now, I will Vote: Araveea.  Araveea has spoken several times since voting was opened up, but hasn't cast a vote yet.  I feel like she's waiting to see where the votes land.

Seems fine with discussing the scroll and third party situation. Araveea was indeed pretty talkative yesterday. 

On 12/16/2019 at 4:16 PM, Ronnan said:

[[Eeyara expresses worry about the wagon on Araveea]]

"So many people" was and still is just 2.  I added my vote, yes.

[[Eeyara switches her vote onto Marwyyn]]

Thanks for voting for someone other than yourself.  Are you at all concerned about all the people piling onto Marwyyn?  I mean, you're the 3rd vote here and you thought the 2 votes on Araveea were piling on...

Calls out Eeyara for flipping all over the place, and does actually raise a decent point about Eeyara's hypocrisy over bandwagons. 

On 12/17/2019 at 3:58 PM, Ronnan said:

[[Scabowee analyzes today's votes]]

The problem with this analysis is that it's focused on recent occurrences with no lynch.  Voting patterns become useful when two things happen: one of the dead people is scum and you can see how people reacted to that vote.  You can't draw nearly as much information from voting patterns until you know the alignment of the candidates for certain, and absent the threat of a lynch, scum can vote in any sort of random pattern.

[[Zandder says Araveea and Marwyyn have the most votes]]

You left Eeyara out... and both Araveea and Marwyyn voted for Eeyara.

Tells Scabowee to calm down with analysis until we have confirmed alignments, and corrects Zandder's miscount.

It's not a lot. He didn't seem like Eeyara's biggest fan - though he did refrain from actually voting for her. 

2 hours ago, Nancy said:

The beginning of your post is you agreeing with other people's opinions that the kill action likely recalls the traitor. The end of your post you suggest the scum used you originally posited recall action on Night Zero. Night Zero? Really? They get to use an action that you've now agreed doesn't work that way before the town roles even get sent out? I'm not convinced you thought that through.

The beginning of my post was me acknowledging that I had forgotten that the scum killing the traitor results in the traitor being recalled.  The traitor being recalled by a scum kill action does result in the traitor being recalled.  It is not an opinion, it is a fact written in our Night Zero rules. 

At the end I say they "may" have used a recall action.  Where did I agree that what action doesn't work? 

I think you are reading something into my post that just isn't there - the points I was making were that there are a range of potential explanations or reasons for the number of kills we have in a night and that we don't know if scum have or have not recruited already.

Poor Ronnan. I can't say I'm surprised that he was chosen by the Gorgons (assuming it was the Gorgons, of course). The theories mentioned so far do make sense. Either the Gorgons suspected he had a role, or they thought nobody would think of protecting him last night, or even that he was a Traitor lying low. And they wouldn't kill one of those who had a couple on votes yesterday, in the hope of pressing the issue again today. I do doubt they wanted him dead in order to cast more suspicion on me because of that vote, but maybe it was just an added bonus.

That said, until there's something new, I'm still suspicious of Eeyara, for the same reasons mentioned yesterday. It's not much though.

I find it interesting that a killer-for-hire would be the one to hit Ronnan. Is it just another way to hide the allegiance of the killer, or is it literally one player (the Traveler?) doing the kills for all parties? Through the scrolls?

Okay, I won't be mentioning the scrolls again, don't lynch me! :blush:

8 hours ago, Eeyara said:

What I'm most surprised about is that there was only one death, but like Mazziko said, a good vig would wait it out on night one so maybe we got lucky and have a good vig on our side. However, it could also mean that the vig was blocked, target was protected, or any other number of reasons for one kill. I don't feel like there's much to analyze regarding number of kills until patterns develop.

Bah! suprises.

Why are you surprised? Are you so certain there is oceanide vigilante amongst us? Or is it you’re really worried about that as a prospect? 
Seems to me this is a tell. 
Perhaps Eeyara the grogon knows their kill worked but expected a second. There wasn’t one. And so she comments the above from that point of view.

6 hours ago, Nerrio said:

quiet players usually are killed off. It could have been thought as a strategy to get connected. 

Who is getting connected with whom? What are you trying to say? Is this about the recall still?

4 hours ago, Araveea said:

I find it interesting that a killer-for-hire would be the one to hit Ronnan. Is it just another way to hide the allegiance of the killer, or is it literally one player (the Traveler?) doing the kills for all parties? Through the scrolls?

Okay, I won't be mentioning the scrolls again, don't lynch me! :blush:

Bah! Picture clues!

I think the “killer for hire” falls under rule 12, pictures are t clues.

The rules describing the travel explicitly state they are not a serial killer. They can only perform actions as a result of a scroll. There is only one scroll per day. Whoever the traveller is, they could only have done an action last night if someone handed them the day 1 scroll.

5 hours ago, Araveea said:

The nameless killer-for-hire is an NPC as indicated in the Night Zero and day posts. I know we need to examine everything but it's ridiculous to read into this as much as you have.

1 hour ago, Cadd said:

Who is getting connected with whom? What are you trying to say? Is this about the recall still?

Traitor trying to connect with scum if they haven't been? Still about the recall.

1 hour ago, Zandder said:

The nameless killer-for-hire is an NPC as indicated in the Night Zero and day posts. I know we need to examine everything but it's ridiculous to read into this as much as you have. 

I know he's a NPC. You mean that the fact that he's described as a "killer-for-hire" is not indicative of his role in the game, but he's just used to illustrate night kills, irrespective of the method or party involved?

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

You may now vote. With 12 players left in the game, it takes 7 votes to pew-pew. There are 48 hours remaining in Day Two.

17 hours ago, Nancy said:

Those are absolutely not the only ways, and those ways wouldn't even be in any way conclusive.

Maybe not the only ways. But what are the other ways? You were quick to disagree but failed to provide any alternative solutions. 

6 hours ago, Araveea said:

I know he's a NPC. You mean that the fact that he's described as a "killer-for-hire" is not indicative of his role in the game, but he's just used to illustrate night kills, irrespective of the method or party involved?

I'd say so yes. I think it's meant as a joke rather than an indicator of who carried out the kill. Plus I'd argue the traveller isn't being "hired" but given the scrolls. 

Bah Snorfblats

vote early, vote often. 

vote:Eeyara

i voted for her yesterday, she’s been just as quiet today and has said something I found suspicious. She hasn’t responded to my calling it out. 
Where is everyone? we have less conversation than yesterday. High was, frankly, too quiet.