Sign in to follow this  
Polarlicht

[MOC] Generic American Diesel Electric Locomotive

Over 4 years ago i builded this one, slightly based on the Maersk set. Its got a rechargeable battery, infrared sensor, 2 motors and a switch so one motor won't turn backwards.

49079705548_dd82bd2f8c_c.jpg

49080231581_236de7bfb8_c.jpg

49080229271_1cd802c4b5_c.jpg

Cab technique, i actually forgot over the years that these bricks have a 2l cheese inside them :D

This assembly is only attached with that lamp holder.

49080431602_2bd9e66a19_c.jpg

Edited by Coolusername

So the switch pulled towards the plug reverses the forward motor?  Never did a double motor before and am in the process of building on myself.

10 hours ago, CSW652 said:

So the switch pulled towards the plug reverses the forward motor?  Never did a double motor before and am in the process of building on myself.

The switch part itself has a little black switch in front. So it does not matter in which direction you turn the orange switch, since you can turn direction with the black one!

But there is also a version of that part with no black small switch! with bb0339c01  and without bb0339c02

I did the same thing with the Maersk set as well, both locos together and you can haul tons of rolling stock with it, as long as the locos are heavy and have some weight on the wheels.

And if you want even more traction, remove the bands from the wheels and try white rubber bands ;)

30796332532_55eaaea7b6_z.jpg

Edited by Coolusername

The one I have is the one without the black switch.  At this point, I think the switch is going to get buried behind the driver which is why I was wondering which way to set it.  The front motor is wired into it.  Surprised there isn't a mark on the switch to tell which way is forward or backward.

This is still very much a work in progress, but the only switch I have doesn't have the black switch and is hooked to the front motor.  Guessing the switch will be buried so wondering if it is set to make that motor go backwards.  Not sure yet on the yellow stripe and how I want to do the whole cab area.  I would test it myself, but don't have the space to set up a track at the moment.

IMG_0545.jpg

Edited by CSW652