Grey Magistrate

[MOC] Nexo Knights -- Clay's Chapterhouse Vigil (FINAL EPISODE)

As disaster and despair overwhelmed Knighton and its king was lost to the dread brickpile, many in the fallen kingdom asked: Where was Clay?  Where was Merlok?  Where were our kingdom's two greatest heroes?  And now, at the conclusion of our epic tale of the end of the Nexo Knights theme, we learn the answers.

49040783043_5bb57587b5_c.jpg

When the disembodied Monstrox first infected Knighton's main server network, Clay and Merlok devised a simple yet brilliant plan to isolate and capture him.  Clay built a chapterhouse in a secret bunker and filled it with all manner of treasures to attract Monstrox's electronic gaze.

49041467467_9f3fb87fc7_c.jpg

Bookcases lined with forbidden tomes...

49041468212_8a438c3fdd_c.jpg

Power generators orange-hot with energy...

49040750973_61d4f06692_c.jpg

And row after row of supercharged shields.

49041467842_7e6045eff2_c.jpg

The trap was set.  In coordination with Merlok, Clay links the chapterhouse network to Knighton's mainframe.

49041256176_6205dd1b87_c.jpg

Monstrox takes the bait!  Monstrox and Merlok materialize -- and Clay immediately cuts the link to the main network.  

49041256306_90d69578c1_c.jpg

The plan is a brilliant success.  The trap severs Monstrox's links to the vampirates and delivers Knighton's servers from contamination.  There is no way for Monstrox to escape.  Victory is at hand.

49041467297_b262c28b0c_c.jpg

Except for something no one anticipated.  At this moment of maximum isolation, inside a hidden chapterhouse designed to be secret from all the world, unknown to friend and enemy alike...

49041255981_7847b27418_c.jpg

...Clay discovers, to his horror, that the stone curse is reasserting itself.  With a vengeance.

49041467667_cb6337df8c_c.jpg

The rapid onset of the stone curse threatens to engulf Clay and turn him to stone permanently.  His only hope is to relink the chapterhouse networks to Knighton's servers and send out a distress signal.  Clay must decide whether to release Monstrox or remain trapped in the chapterhouse.

49041467537_1f2846d772_c.jpg

Clay chooses to stay.

49041255496_68e1249873_c.jpg

The years pass.

49040783008_87235d28fa_c.jpg

The screens go dark.

49041467387_a502cdbff2_c.jpg

And then...

49041498552_0f442fd379_c.jpg

After years of searching amid the wrack and ruin of what little remains of Knighton...

49040782893_05c5d44d93_c.jpg

An old friend finally finds the one she has long been seeking.

49041498407_ea217c67be_c.jpg

It is Ambassador Ava Prentiss: commander of the great stone army, ruler of the southern coasts, empress of the western wastelands, and loyal friend.

49040782808_4b1e11764f_c.jpg

Reviving Clay is beyond her power.  A condition this serious can only be cured by a king's touch -- and the true king, King Halbert, is trapped in the dread brickpile.

49040752043_794ccb6a9f_c.jpg

Ambassador Ava orders that Clay's body be transported to the Stone Embassy for safekeeping.

49041468147_0fe315aae5_c.jpg

Jestro and Lavaria solemnly observe the pallbearers depart.  Clay's sacrifice broke Monstrox's power and enabled Jestro to find redemption with his king and true love with Lavaria.  The loss of this noble knight was not in vain.

49040752033_8ecbfa7f97_c.jpg

But Ava is sick at heart.  Yes, she is proud to rule a growing empire of stone and brick, rebuilding Knighton one rock at a time.  But she remembers the happy days she spent in the Fortrex, a humble hacker in the service of king and country.  Was there another way?  Could the old ways be restored?

49041468292_56a5d71a84_c.jpg

And the time will come -- when the wind sears and the sea burns and King Halbert returns to rule his own, the one true king will once more call upon his most faithful knight, Clay Moorington, and undo the stone curse -- and the two will restore all that is known as NEXO KNIGHTS!

Edited by Grey Magistrate
Updated the episode list

Impressive collection of power shields. 

This story of yours has been very fun to read. Do you have a plan for any future adventures?

As an aside, I love the concept of the hero frozen in stone (used it in a few of my old fics, lost to the ages on fiction sites) and it would be great to see a future revival for Clay.

Thanks, Peppermint_M!  This storyline is over and done -- my goals were to redeem the bad guys, demolish everything, and hand the inheritance to Ava and Macy.  Now that's all done.  However...I'm thinking of maybe a few one-off ideas...if I build anything, I'll post it here!

17 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

As an aside, I love the concept of the hero frozen in stone (used it in a few of my old fics, lost to the ages on fiction sites) and it would be great to see a future revival for Clay.

I was inspired by the hero-in-stone sequence in Dragon Quest V, a very old videogame where your hero is turned to stone and watches helplessly as the world changes around him.  I agree, it's a great story motif!

I'm glad to see you were able to finished this @Grey Magistrate ! It's been fun keeping up with this series, and I appreciate how you largely ignored the official story and took a significant amount of artistic license. Honestly I'm a little surprised you decided to kill off Clay, but in a good way :tongue:

Thanks, @BrickJagger!  Once I found that leg piece for Ava (from the Disney Hades minifigure) the conclusion practically wrote itself.

18 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I appreciate how you largely ignored the official story

...that's because (full confession) I didn't watch the cartoon, read the books, or play the app.  So yeah, that explains the artistic license.

18 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Honestly I'm a little surprised you decided to kill off Clay, but in a good way :tongue:

He's not dead!  He's just trapped in stone until King Halbert escapes from the dread brickpile.  Or the statue enters the brickpile, whichever comes first.  I suppose if I were to write a sequel series then I'd have to contrive a way to make that happen...hmmmmm...