ian74

Happy to be here!

I just wanted to introduce myself!  I just joined and have recently discovered (as an adult) how much I enjoy Lego!  I guess that started when my son turned 4 and started asking for Lego.  We went to the local Lego store and I think I was more excited than he was.  The last summer we went to Brickfair (I'm in the US). I was blown away. When I was a kid, my family wasn't super well off, and I just had the bin of multi colored pieces that my parents probably picked up at a yard sale.

But now, I have like, a REAL JOB, and MY OWN MONEEEY!!  I can buy my OWN LEGO.  I have to say, my new favorite thing is the Lego Technic series.  I bought and happily put together the heavy duty forklift (42079) and it was a blast. I'm already excited to see what comes out next year, and have been looking through all the previous sets.  

I've been lurking for about a week and I'm just so impressed with people's MOCs and I really can't even imagine how one comes up with them. Now I'm even snapping up polybags and minfigures for myself when I stop at the local Target.  Just have to hide them from my son. I'm not worried. Grandma seems to bring him new sets whenever she visits us. 

Regardless, it is nice to meet you all and I look forward to spending way too much money on Lego and hopefully be an active participant in this amazing form.

Welcome out of your Dark Age and to Eurobricks, ian74!  :sweet:

It really is a freeing experience to have that kind of realization, and happy to have you here with us and adding another to the number of AFOLs in the world.  :wink:

Hiya! Welcome. Yes, the MOCs are amazing I'm very much a beginner but I love the process and even the very basic camera from classic 10698 which I made today (my first build ever) was such a joy and it’s the most beautiful thing in the world to me lol. One day I’ll build my own MOC. Can’t wait to see your builds. Have lots of fun.