AstroNutz

Banthas and Dewbacks in our future?

As I look at my the LEGO woolly mammoth on my desk, I think how easy it could be to make a “close” Bantha out of it. Sure the tail is longer but replacing the head could be rather easy. Looking at the triceratops in the latest Jurassic set and I see a dewback. Again the wrong tail on the body, but a new head would be easy. Would LEGO use new heads with existing bodies or would the IP require a closer appearance to the movie creatures? 

Note sure my motivation but I’ve been wanting to to build out Tatooine scenes.   

15 minutes ago, AstroNutz said:

As I look at my the LEGO woolly mammoth on my desk, I think how easy it could be to make a “close” Bantha out of it. Sure the tail is longer but replacing the head could be rather easy. Looking at the triceratops in the latest Jurassic set and I see a dewback. Again the wrong tail on the body, but a new head would be easy. Would LEGO use new heads with existing bodies or would the IP require a closer appearance to the movie creatures? 

Note sure my motivation but I’ve been wanting to to build out Tatooine scenes.   

We've already gotten 2 moulded dewbacks and a brick built one, so it's unlikely that they'll make a new mould. 

I'm not so sure about the bantha though, some people want it, some people don't.

As Reaper said, we’ve had the Dewback already so I don’t see that changing. It basically perfect as it is. The brick built Bantha that’s coming in January looks OK but I’m also hoping for a fully moulded one at some point.

I have a brick built Bantha designed by baronsat. It's quite good, although delicate touch required for certain parts (tail & tusks are prone to falling off if you're not careful).

On a separate note about tatooine theme, I'll pm you a link to one of my buildings later (and not hijack this thread :classic:)

So what do we think of the brick built Bantha? 

https://ww.9to5toys.com/2019/11/19/lego-star-wars-2020-more/

I'm underwhelmed to be honest. They did a much better job on the Dewback. While the brickbuilt Dewback is an even better scale than the molded version, this Bantha is way to small. Don't like the sides, tail or the feet.  

Oh well.