Fenghuang0296

Installing a Dividing Wall

So, my parents are making me move my LEGO City layout down to the shed. (I’m eighteen and baven’t moved out yet if you’re wondering.)

Issue is, the shed is also where my father stores his gardening tools, and there is an existing partition of shelving units, but these do not reach to the roof and some of the shelves do not have backing. I just know that if I don’t take preemptive action all kinds of dust and dirt will waft through the holes and over the top and cover my precious bricks in (a word that will be censored if I type it). 

Is there anyone here who’s had to face a similar issue before? How did you resolve it? What do you suggest I do?

Go to the store and get some plastic sheeting to tack up from the ceiling down to the floor. Or, get some drop cloths or old bed sheets to cover your city when not being played with.

Honestly, I don't know how/why anyone maintains a permanent Lego layout out in the open. I live in a normal suburban house and the dust is such an enemy, I only keep a few models actually intact. Some in an Ikea Fabrikor, and some out in the open that I wash under the tap a couple of times a year. A few more in plastic boxes under the sofa. The rest are taken apart for moc'cing . 

On 10/14/2019 at 12:02 PM, 1963maniac said:

Or, get some drop cloths or old bed sheets to cover your city when not being played with.

Do this. I imagine just being in a shed will cause your setup to become dirty, so protect it when not in use.

Maybe you can post some pics of the situation?
But ... I think what 1963maniac said is a good idea. Also cheap and easy to install / remove.