YodaSkate

STUD.IO Part list comparison

Is there a way to compare two stud.io files to see the difference in parts? I'm upgrading a set and trying to figure what new parts I need to order and what is already existing in the set... I did a quick search but didn't find anything.

Thanks!!!

3 hours ago, paupadros said:

I think you can do that through Rebrickable, but I don't know if you can upload Stud.io files there.

Thanks! I see the option so I'll give it a try! And yeah, I've uploaded stud.io files there before for custom builds I've made...

The way I do it (hard way) is to upload 2 wanted lists in Bricklink (one for the old set and one for the updated one), open each wanted list in a tab on the browser and manually filling the updated wanted list.

Hi all

So this is how I did it rebricklable. I uploaded two separate stud.io files into their own custom lists, then compared the two. Rebrickable shows you a percentage of shared parts and lets you export out a new parts list. 

Here's a screengrab of what it looks like...

compared.JPG?dl=1

5 hours ago, YodaSkate said:

Hi all

So this is how I did it rebricklable. I uploaded two separate stud.io files into their own custom lists, then compared the two. Rebrickable shows you a percentage of shared parts and lets you export out a new parts list. 

Here's a screengrab of what it looks like...

compared.JPG?dl=1

Glad it worked! I knew it was possible but I'd never used it myself :wink: