cyberdyne systems

Darth Vader's SelfDriving WheelChair

Hello everyone!

I've bought this BMW bike set and tried to figure out what can i do with this nice black wheels. And then I've noticed DV's figure on my shelf...

The result you may see right there. The RC WheelChair for the Dark Lord!

1909fd684f49.jpg

Vader's cloak pretends to be a cozy blanket covering his legs.

c415ef290095.jpg

d8d2c5fca3db.jpg

Inside Vader's back you may notice some cogs which make him move his hands while driving. 

8a4a8bc12037.jpg

Actually this thing is just a pair of wheels with motors and BB between and with some Vader's bodyparts attached to the trail.

1dc360a2b9e0.jpg

Chair without it's owner. 

63c4888958a5.jpg

"Come to the dark side of the medicine. We've got wheels instead of crutches"

8f996510d100.jpg

Well, I suppose, if you are disabled, a full-equiped nurse would be ... handy

2360b07b4e1c.jpg

Video is here, at your service:

Thanks for watching!

very clever - simple implementation with the arms i haven't seen before in a lego wheel chair, and it's a great looking result. Put it on a treadmill and the kids would love it at the LUG shows.

Love it! Love it! Love it! It's such a fun build and for the first time, something I actually feel 'qualified' to comment on :sweet:

The pushing movement of the arms genius and something I've not seen before on the few Technic 'chairs I've seen and the hands placed at the hand rims is a very nice touch. I like the addition of the 'wheelie bar' but with His Darkness wearing a helmet all the time I don't think he'll fully appreciate your attention to detail :classic:.

If I have one very tiny, itsy bitsy little criticism it would be the push handles could do with being a couple of studs shorter. Trust me, I know about these things :wink:.

Edited by grum64
Spelling

Fantastic :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Poor Vader, maybe he overdid it on my treadmill :laugh:

Are the arms run simultaneously or is each arm linked to a separate wheel? So when turning one arm swings back and one forward?

When I used the imperial march music for my video of Vader on a treadmill, YT muted the video or it would be removed. I hope it doesn't happen to you as well.

Best regards!

2 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Fantastic :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Poor Vader, maybe he overdid it on my treadmill :laugh:

Are the arms run simultaneously or is each arm linked to a separate wheel? So when turning one arm swings back and one forward?

When I used the imperial march music for my video of Vader on a treadmill, YT muted the video or it would be removed. I hope it doesn't happen to you as well.

Best regards!

Thanks. Yep, You're right! Each arm is indeed connected to a separate wheel!