Sign in to follow this  
Wardancer

Dark Elf Lord Azrael on Misére the Infernal Steed

Dark Elf Lord Azrael on Misére the Infernal Steed

Not every star means hope. But every twinkle finds a heart. In this case your heart in the shape of Lord Azrael's icy Star Lance. So better watch the evening sky in cold winter nights when Misére the Infernal travels stealthily among the clouds.    

48760312136_12ce29ecd3_b.jpgDark Elf Lord Azrael on Misére the Infernal Steed by MWardancer, auf Flickr

Nice, they both work well together. What is the headgear? At first I thought it was a customised Koruit LOTR Fountain Guard, but can see the "feathers" are different and the helmet is a slightly different shape.

Edited by MAB

6 hours ago, MAB said:

Nice, they both work well together. What is the headgear? At first I thought it was a customised Koruit LOTR Fountain Guard, but can see the "feathers" are different and the helmet is a slightly different shape.

Thank you. The headgear is from a small customs shop called nicebricks: https://store.bricklink.com/Dan76#/shop I painted it black, it was gray before. He makes only small batches, but he can do one thing others cannot: metallic printing.

The Koruit one might have looked even better with the extra feathers. But I have not orderered any yet.  

Thanks, after posting I recalled seeing it, probably in one of yours before.

The Koruit ones are very nice, and a good match for their regular Gondor soldiers too. I bought a couple of them and just kept the helmet and armour. The helmets, like their other Gondor ones, are a bit big but not too bad.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:12 AM, miniman said:

I like your customs, and it is a really good one.

Thank you!

This is actually a model with not a lot of customization. Only helmet, sword and lance. The steed just needed to get better hinges to change the angle of the wings, but that is a purist build. I do not understand why Lego made the Wings straight and the fig sit on them.

I really love your custom Elf army work, and would love to see you do the same caliber of work on other LEGO fantasy armies like Dwarves, Orcs, Humans, etc.

Edited by Abaddon127

10 hours ago, Abaddon127 said:

I really love your custom Elf army work, and would love to see you do the same caliber of work on other LEGO fantasy armies like Dwarves, Orcs, Humans, etc.

Thank you. I do not really plan to make other factions besides Wood Elves, Gargoyles and Dark Elves (incl. Harpies). But I hope to make a bit bigger things soon, custom dragons and even a building.

Excellent fig.  Love the use of the thestral as a steed.  Great use of the kilmonger black panther fig.