In situations where width is not a problem, one could try to keep grime out by covering the hub with a part 2695

2695.png

Edited by 2GodBDGlory

On 10/26/2020 at 6:19 PM, 2GodBDGlory said:

In situations where width is not a problem, one could try to keep grime out by covering the hub with a part 2695

That would be a great solution, and if I were to make a hole so that I could grease the hubs, I could hide it under this piece also… Hmmm, if I combined Sariel's axle with the new diff and those hubs, then I could make an ultimate off roader of my own with some buggy motors or 4+ Power Functions XL Motors. That would be fun! I could make it as heavy duty as possible structurally, minimize the usage of gears, limit the weight (BuWizz), and use big wheels; but I would have to invest some money in buggy motors and a few more Technic sets for the pieces I would need… I would probably do some kind of virtual pivot steering for my model as it would add more linkages and strength to the model, also reducing friction in the steering and wear on the wheels.

@2GodBDGlory, do you have a link to the model in your profile pic? It looks sweet and reminds me of @Sheepo's Mustang.

I have been thinking of getting the hubs from the 42099 set and I have been wondering about if they can take a lot of stress and go through mud and water:) This discussion answered all my questions, thanks guys! :pir-sweet:  

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted pic from the previous post.

I think a lot of the griping in this thread has more to do with the speed of the motors/wheels than the grime and dirt.  I mean of course, their synergestic effects on eachother.  I have powered by cars in mud before, just at slow speeds with no problems before