Ron Dayes

Reviving Classic Town (in one scale)

On 9/15/2019 at 2:25 AM, pooda said:

Ikr. What about the many children across the globe who want to be chefs? Or mechanics? Or even pilots? I'm a bus driver and I've met loads of children who look up to us. 

Like you said, policemen isn't the only job out there. 

Sorry but I refuse to defend Lego and the police emphasis. 

good to hear, lets hope they wont give up on other professions ;)

On 9/16/2019 at 4:35 PM, Selander said:

Great approach to a scale discussion that interest me highly. I agree 100% to your "conclusion" of reducing vehical height and width !! I try to build 4-5 wide cars, 6 wide trucks and 7-8 wide trains and rolling stock. 

Thanks, i checked your MOCs, really superb stuff, we definately agree scale wise! Your stream is a bit low on cars though, if you ever want a few more 5 wides, stay tuned in this thread, i frequenlty post instructions now ;)

On 9/16/2019 at 5:52 PM, RogerSmith said:

Very nice write-up, and I totally agree that your proposed cars look way better together with Lego buildings than whatever Lego throws at us nowadays.

The SC series always looked totally ridiculous imho, and I always felt that they were way to big in comparison to minifigs. Your write-up confirmed that.

Haha, yeah - allthough atleast SC series set a bit of focus on cars again, not in a good way, yet at least there is more experimenting again (car community was quite silent early 2010s)

HERE IS ANOTHER 90ies GEM IN 1/43 , combining advanced techniques with a classic town squarish look.
Instructions see pic or ask if something is unclear. View on flickr for full size and zoom.

48755126678_23cf72ca23.jpgeasy mercedes 1/43 by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

48755642062_51eceb2da0.jpgeasy mercedes instruction by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

Excellent look at the size issues facing the building community. Your vehicle designs are wonderful and immediately recognizable, yet they fit well with the buildings and are proportional to the minifigs. Also, that superbike would fit in anywhere.

On 9/27/2019 at 8:19 AM, Feuer Zug said:

Excellent look at the size issues facing the building community. Your vehicle designs are wonderful and immediately recognizable, yet they fit well with the buildings and are proportional to the minifigs. Also, that superbike would fit in anywhere.

many thanks, im glad you like it that much! For instructions or more info in case you need, check my flickr ;)

How about a BUS? (Credit to Gabor for the front headlight idea)

48795960661_3d2c62372b.jpg1/43 Bus, cars and 4x4 by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr