Hey everyone! 

A while ago, I made a Lego Optimus Prime MOC. It was decent, however the head was a little big, and it didn't transform. I wasn't entirely happy with it. But I couldn't bring myself to break it, due to fear of failure. Then, last week, it fell from atop my shelf, and broke. I decided this was a good time to make a new one. I present....

Optimus Prime MKII! And yes, he can transform this time..

Lego Optimus Prime MOC

Lego Optimus Prime MOC

Lego Optimus Prime MOC

Lego Optimus Prime MOC

Forgive me if its not the best, this is my first time doing something like this.

Like I said, took me a week to design and build. I didn't want to do the Bay design, so I took some inspiration from the G1 design and basically made the rest up as I went along. I don't know how many pieces were used. Optimus measures about 10 1/2 inches tall when in robot mode and 9 inches long as a semi. I used 4 pairs of ball joints on the hands, shoulders and feet. The legs were the same joints that Lego uses on their newer mechs, such as Hulkbuster 2018 and Lex Luthor. 

Thank you for reading this and feel free to comment your thoughts below.

jason

Edited by DeCommander96

Nice, you have certainly captured the look well. To make it look even better, perhaps make the upper legs a bit thicker to create the idea of armour. Good Job!

1 minute ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Nice, you have certainly captured the look well. To make it look even better, perhaps make the upper legs a bit thicker to create the idea of armour. Good Job!

Thank you! I had the legs a lot thicker to start with, but that caused him to be too bulky, and he couldn't stand up, no matter what I did to the feet. I might try to work something out with it if I ever do a MKIII