Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 75965 The Rise of Voldemort

Here is my review on 75965 The Rise of Voldemort:

THE GOOD:

• Great minifigures.
  • Great simple cemetery build.  I love the statue and overall vibe of it.
  • Baby Voldemore piece =P

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• The action feature to represent The Rise of Voldemort isn't that convincing given there isn't any depth so you cannot hide Voldemore completely underground.

Overall, I think this set is great with excellent minifigures.  I love the cemetery build just because I'm a fan of this type of them even though I'm not a Harry Potter die hard fans.  You can easily modify it to be a part of a bigger Lego cemetery.  The price isn't that bad either.  So I recommend this to any Lego fans!  And wow at the baby voldemort, it's cute yet creepy =)

Doesn't the ground close better if you push Voldemort's arms by his sides rather than have them sticking forwards?

The included blood on this one!

That trans-red piece is Harry's blood, which was needed for the spell!

On 8/1/2019 at 9:57 PM, MAB said:

Doesn't the ground close better if you push Voldemort's arms by his sides rather than have them sticking forwards?

Yes you are right, if you pull the arms further back the ground closes better =)

On 8/1/2019 at 10:21 PM, Robert8 said:

The included blood on this one!

That trans-red piece is Harry's blood, which was needed for the spell!

Yes, Lego has been going the extra mile recently.  Just like the Jurassic Park D2C with Samuel L Jackson's arm and blood =P

Wait, there's a baby Voldemort in this set? That's awesome. I couldn't find this set at my local store when I last went there unfortunately and the pics I saw online didn't seem to include one. Man, they're really doing a good job with the new HP sets.

As for the rest of the set, it's pretty perfect for that scene. A great update on the old GoF set with an afforable price that focuses on the important part of the scene. My only little complaints would be about the death eater... it would have been nice to get a second one (although I get 5 minifigs for a set this small is too much). Also I'm still not fully convinced by his hat. Not sure if that's because they didn't want the minifig to look too much like a KKK member but it's not completely movie-accurate as a result. I'm even wondering if the old medieval princess hat piece wouldn't look better on them...

Lego-Minifig-Cone-Hat-Black-Castle-Queen

On 8/6/2019 at 3:42 AM, Elrond said:

Wait, there's a baby Voldemort in this set? That's awesome. I couldn't find this set at my local store when I last went there unfortunately and the pics I saw online didn't seem to include one. Man, they're really doing a good job with the new HP sets.

Yes, one of the main reason I bought this set.  I have a weak spot with LEGO baby.  This Voldemort one is adorable yet creepy.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:42 AM, Elrond said:

Not sure if that's because they didn't want the minifig to look too much like a KKK member

Haha, probably they do.

21 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

I love the GoF Death Eater minifigure. With a torch he looks even more menacing

wow @Graupensuppe, that looks cool!  Time to spend some time modifying mine tonight =P