overlord dragon doesn't look half bad; it's got some weird aspects to it sure, like the choice to use a whole plate on the base of the wings or the addition of dark blue to match garmadon's newer colourscheme, but it's relatively imposing and has the look of the show's overlord dragon for the most part:264?cb=20150329232403

you get the stick-arms connecting to the wings, the near-skeletal wings (which could've used some plastic but it works as a contrast to the golden legacy dragon), the beefy legs and torso, dragon head, etc, with an additional homage to the overlord's design with a golden ribcage in the chest; and there's the golden master overlord updated! it's not half bad, though it could definitely use some modification, and it's still a far better translation of a show model into a marketable product than that of a previous model that was nearly perfect...

Edited by Pirean_Grammaticul

7 minutes ago, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

overlord dragon doesn't look half bad; it's got some weird aspects to it sure, like the choice to use a whole plate on the base of the wings or the addition of dark blue to match garmadon's newer colourscheme, but it's relatively imposing and has the look of the show's overlord dragon for the most part:264?cb=20150329232403

you get the stick-arms connecting to the wings, the near-skeletal wings (which could've used some plastic but it works as a contrast to the golden legacy dragon), the beefy legs and torso, dragon head, etc, with an additional homage to the overlord's design with a golden ribcage in the chest; and there's the golden master overlord updated! it's not half bad, though it could definitely use some modification, and it's still a far better translation of a show model into a marketable product than that of a previous model that was nearly perfect...

I kind of agree with you. I'm personally not the most fond of how it looks, but then again I was personally never that fond of the Overlord Dragon in the show. It felt like a weird plot twist just to end it on a dragon vs. dragon showdown and the look of it was weird—all the fleshiness of the other dragons in the show without the strong physical foundation provided by original set designs to counteract that. In that sense, the new version looks about as accurate as it probably could have gotten.

I still think that of the Legacy sets for next year this feels like one of the most skippable to me. I've already got figs I'm satisfied with from last year's Golden Dragon set and I've gone enough years without a dragon version of the Overlord that I don't feel the need for one now. Compared to several of the other sets, which feel like stronger updates of classic sets and feature cool commemorative minifigures, this one feels a bit like a pass for me.

Wait have images been released? That is great! Is there a link

The Overlord is a must buy as i've always liked him. The Corrupted Nya is nice I just think there needed to at least be a third minifigure. Could have been maybe a stone warrior? One's on the boxart anyway

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I kind of agree with you. I'm personally not the most fond of how it looks, but then again I was personally never that fond of the Overlord Dragon in the show. It felt like a weird plot twist just to end it on a dragon vs. dragon showdown and the look of it was weird—all the fleshiness of the other dragons in the show without the strong physical foundation provided by original set designs to counteract that. In that sense, the new version looks about as accurate as it probably could have gotten.

There actually was a cancelled set, and doesn't the fleshyness make it more memorable with how alien and elderich it is

Ok so I decided to look at the leaked images and woza I have a lot to say so I guess I'll go set by set. Starting with the little packs which for the first time are actually stuff I wanna get as normally I skip the small "spinner esche" sets,

71730 Epic Battle Set Kai vs Skulkin. Ok i like the parts in this set, all the trans orange is gonna please moccists.The Skulkin is awesome I really like the redesigns they get. heck they've even improved upon the original legacy wave as they have more detail in the face with the grey lines.even if the box art is a little decietful with the grey armor. did anyone else notice that? Fire shrine pretty good, has a recolored leaf piece

71732 Epic Battle Set Jay vs Serpentine. Ok so I'm happy they they're bringing back a non-Venemari tribe of the serpentine as the green guys were always my least favorite. (Oh they spit stuff so scary) but did they have to try to standardize the Mezmo design. Like compared to the original it just looks so off. The unprinted cobra hood is the most problematic thing. it looks like a prototype like it needs more printing. Even the legacy Lasha had the printing. Also I never realized  how bad sand blue looks on minifigures when it's unprinted. I actually like the face print it's not as derpy as Lasha no nostrals. Torso print is fine a bit odd that they're suddenly so muscular kinda off. Jay is perfect though and the parts are sweet. The  cobra shrine is just fantastic

71731 Epic Battle Set Zane vs Nindroid Honestly the worst of them, the nindroid is nothing special dodesn't even get the hoodwrap. Zane also just a bit too busy in design. The small side builds are not even that memerable compared to the other small ones

71733 Epic Battle Set Cole vs. Ghost. IS THAT TRANS BROWN NEW COLOR ALERT!. The ghost is all spoopy and skeleton esche, though his choice of weaponry is a bit odd. Also is that a teal colored hotdog? Kinda odd. Cole is good, even if the orange bandanna is a bit much. The small build on the side is perfectly fine.

71737 Ninjago X1 Ninja Charger I really want this set, but I also want the Kai fighter, both have good amounts of Nindroids. not feeling the golden Cole,

51 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

The Overlord is a must buy as i've always liked him. The Corrupted Nya is nice I just think there needed to at least be a third minifigure. Could have been maybe a stone warrior? One's on the boxart anyway

There is no corrupt Nya 

Wait a minute.....there's gonna be 3 ninjago waves next year. January 10th Anniversary sets, March season 14 sets and then the Summer sets?

is this true?

30 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

Wait a minute.....there's gonna be 3 ninjago waves next year. January 10th Anniversary sets, March season 14 sets and then the Summer sets?

is this true?

I mean that’s how it usually goes and yes it’s true 

3 hours ago, Gangikhan448 said:

is this true?

Technically four if there are Legacy sets in the summer. There's no direct confirmation, but no reason to believe otherwise since this is how it's been for a while. Winter/Spring and summer waves.

Edited by GarmaFan

On 11/22/2020 at 6:57 AM, Robert8 said:

New VA

They won't kill him, because removing 1 ninja will mess up plans for upcoming waves of sets. They probably already have mapped out the show/ LEGO sets for the next 3 years or so

And having him being a silent characters would be too weird

the could do the same thing with how they treated leonardo in the 2012 teenage mutant ninja turtles reboot series they got a different voice actor for seasons 3-5 but instead of just hamfisting it in they played his voice change into the story by saying a very severe beating did it to him

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is no corrupt Nya 

you have to consider that with all the different areas, they cannot do unlimited prints and molds. For S14 we will have likely a few new villains with new prints and molds + Ninjas with all new prints and presumably newly printed faces as well as new molds for each hairpiece.

Then quite a few reprints for the legacy wave and the battle packs. So they cannot do unlimited figures. I would have prefered anyway for them to focus, for example, on the haunted season, so that we might get another Morro, Ronin and so on.

Unfortunately it was like this since the actual 1st legacy wave (with Sensei Yang as master). We didnt get proper Nindroids and stone warriors - most of all a proper Kozu and Kryptor.

23 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

wait then what was that image I saw, fake?

Idk what image you saw but there is no Possessed Nya figure so it's definetely fake.

Speaking of Nya, I'm 90% sure the golden Nya fig that's currently making it's rounds on Instagram is fake. 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The actual set only has 2 figures so idk what image you saw 

what's the second figure then? I know there was lloyd

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Idk what image you saw but there is no Possessed Nya figure so it's definetely fake.

Speaking of Nya, I'm 90% sure the golden Nya fig that's currently making it's rounds on Instagram is fake. 

Yeah that is probably fake it would be more advertised like the others are

4 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

wait then what was that image I saw, fake?

I think you may have seen the Overlord figure as Nya, since the image was so blurry

so the new zane leaked, looks legit, but I think we are gonna get 2 more sets waiting to be revealed for a march 1st release, bc if the 2 other golden figs are coming out in a summer wave, then it would be way 2 early. we dont even know that much about season 14.... I think they are either gonna be in the gardens or in unseen sets waiting to be revealed for march the first. maybe even the season 14 sets?

47 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

so the new zane leaked, looks legit, but I think we are gonna get 2 more sets waiting to be revealed for a march 1st release, bc if the 2 other golden figs are coming out in a summer wave, then it would be way 2 early. we dont even know that much about season 14.... I think they are either gonna be in the gardens or in unseen sets waiting to be revealed for march the first. maybe even the season 14 sets?

Where did you see it?

well, sorry but I cant really help you im afraid, golden wu is also there. he looks pretty interesting.

I dont know if this link will work?

Edited by a guy from somewhere
didn't realise links to leaks are banned, sorry guys!