Hi everyone,

This was my LEGO CITY MOC built and displayed in 2018 that I wanted to share with you guys.

The project was my first attempt at using the RC trains with monorail trains together in a larger layout.  It took me about 7 months or so to complete the display. 

There were several things I looked to achieve when putting together this display, but the ones I am most proud of were the following:

• Raised Free ways with borders and lights to give it a busy city vibe.
  • Freeway signs, Billboard signs, and other type of signs that would go with a realistic city.
  • Tall skyscraper buildings to all sit in the downtown area.
  • There are easily over 60,000 LEGO pieces used in the display making it my largest MOC to date.

2035857313_IMG_0541eb.jpg.f6ab34a7c917305dc462db977e734392.jpg

You can view more photo on my flickr album:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmCH6Ttc

There were a few obstacles along the way of completing the display, but overall I am quite satisfied how everything turned out.  

I have made a few YouTube videos of the trains and monorail in action if anyone is interested.

I really appreciate all the feedback.  It motivates me to build and create new stuff :classic:

Its a really nice city, with a lot going on! 

How did you create the road in the 45 degree angle (going upwards)? Did you cut a regular road plate and fitted some sides to it or?

Nice City, good use of elevation of road/railroad/monorails going on at the same time.

21 minutes ago, jpx said:

How did you create the road in the 45 degree angle (going upwards)? Did you cut a regular road plate and fitted some sides to it or?

There was a set in 2000 with ramp road plates included.

Set 6600 Highway Construction

6600-2.jpg?199911090440

Edited by TeriXeri

People often forget that building up and adding layers is often more interesting than building out. Takes up less too as well.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:52 AM, jpx said:

Its a really nice city, with a lot going on! 

Thanks!

I got lucky and found the road plates for cheap on bricklink.  They are the ones from the construction set 6600.  I built pillars out of grey brick and the sides to give it that freeway look.

Oh yea and for the sides I used plates,tile, and flexible hose pieces.  It was a bit challenging getting the sides right on the curve road sections of the freeway.

The street lights I used on the freeway was taken directly from other lego city sets.  thanks guys :classic::thumbup:

Looks great. You really packed in a lot in that space. I like the freeway guardrails quite a bit, those realistic touches are nice & that’s about as close as you couid get. 

On 5/8/2019 at 9:02 PM, Vindicare said:

Looks great. You really packed in a lot in that space. I like the freeway guardrails quite a bit, those realistic touches are nice & that’s about as close as you couid get. 

As a main focus in castle building I wasn't sure how it would look packing the buildings really close together like that.  And I wanted to try something a bit different than modular type buildings in the display.  Thank you and now I have a  bunch of city pieces for the next city display. 

On 5/14/2019 at 8:52 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Very lovely display indeed well done

Thanks!

I guess I missed this the first time, but what a great city, I’m jealous! :grin: I particularly love the foliage by the tracks, it adds a lot of character. :thumbup:

Edited by TheL390Man