Joey Lock

Bionicle in Mar Mission?

7645.jpg

The Big Armoured Bloke has Toa Nuparus Playset armour on? Or is it just me? :sceptic:

Just a Random Question.

It looks like it could be Bionicle, this shouldn't come as to much of a surprise since there are parts of Bionicle in many themes including Mars Mission:

7699-1.jpg

see theres a zamor sphere launcher on the top of the drilling unit. Over the last few years I've noticed that more and more sets use Technic instead of normal system (which to me is bad as I like the bricks and you can't build as much with Technic IMO), its only natural that lego will start to use Bionicle as well :hmpf_bad: .

Yeah, lego system should be, Lego System and stay that way...

I dont like Technic bits and bobs. :cry_sad:

He's not Bionicle, he's actually an awesome fig I want to get.

Though I agree there is far too much technic in system sets these days..

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I too hate the presence of technic in system sets HATE, HATE, HATE. It's very existence has made it damn near impossible to mod certain sets (I'm looking at you 7671 :angry: ) for accuracy to what they are based on, one of my favorite of activity's to do with official Lego sets.

Like the big minifig, but I'm not a fan of having so many vehicles in one set

I don't think you could make anything else out of the drilling unit due to all the technic and bionicle

Edited by Rayskull

I think I could be the only one who sees that set and drools! :blush: It's near the top of my current want list... :tongue:

I think I could be the only one who sees that set and drools! :blush: It's near the top of my current want list... :tongue:

Oh, I'm drooling too. I want those treads :wub: ...

Oh, I'm drooling too.

As am I.

But alas, I probably won't be able to afford it...

Edited by Brainbox

Oh don't get me wrong, that set really amps up the drool factor for me, I REALLY hope to get it this year. I was talking more along the lines of unnecessary technic, like in last years catapult defence.

As am I.

But alas, I probably won't be able to afford it...

That's my problem too, but hopefully...

Batbrick Away! :devil:

It also appears that the scoops close to the saws are the new visor pieces in the Mahri.

Wait a sec,

Are you reffering to this blue helmet piece on this guy?

8687-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

You mean that the blue part of his mask is removable from the orange lower half??

If thats correct.... Wows, that'd make a really nice windshield for... a Power Suit Mecha? a sporty motorcycle?

Edited by xenologer

7645.jpg

The Big Armoured Bloke has Toa Nuparus Playset armour on? Or is it just me? :sceptic:

Just a Random Question.

Are the big guy's arms new pieces?

Also, where does the third astronaut go?

Are the big guy's arms new pieces?

Also, where does the third astronaut go?

I suppose he is infantry, like the vehicleless aliens in the Recon Dropship set.

Xenologer- Yup, that's the piece. Now that you mention it, it IS a good piece for a windshield- I have one, so I might use it later today...Thanks for the inspiration! ^_^

Xenologer- Yup, that's the piece. Now that you mention it, it IS a good piece for a windshield- I have one, so I might use it later today...Thanks for the inspiration! ^_^

Neat

Im really interested in seeing how well it works out.

Like how you'd mount it on a System creation considering it uses a technic hole

and how well the irregular edges of it can be made to seal up against bricks

Wait a sec,

Are you reffering to this blue helmet piece on this guy?

8687-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

You mean that the blue part of his mask is removable from the orange lower half??

If thats correct.... Wows, that'd make a really nice windshield for... a Power Suit Mecha? a sporty motorcycle?

Surely the orange mask, the blue windshield and the head inside, are three seperate things.

And you make a good point about using this piece for other mocs than Bionicle.

I do understand that some feel they hate Technic used in normal System sets, but understand that to enable advanced movements and/or sturdy sets, some technic elements can be used. In some cases that is the only way.

Myself, I love the use of different types of elements, like in Exo-Force.

It does not mather if an elements is a system, technic or special Bionicle element, the really cool thing is that they all comply to the Lego building standards, which means that all elements can be used together.

Front