LibraryBoy

[MOC] The Supermobile (or an attempt at it, anyway)

I have a deep and unironic affection for the Supermobile, goofy as it is, thanks to owning the Corgi toy as a kid and have wanted to make a Lego version for a while. I've seen several really good ones from other folks through the years, a few of which even included some great step-by-step instructions, but I never had the time or patience to figure out what I was lacking brickwise and put in an order for whatever I still needed.  I also wanted to make my own version more than just build someone else's, so a week or two ago I figured I'd sit down and see what I could make with what I had available. I'd love to go back and redesign someday to try and cover all the visible studs, but I'm pretty happy with the results of my first attempt. Here's the side view to start...950805047_smbsidesmall.jpg.12a838fb0a59424decd45b04507e7a9f.jpg

Front view...

770543779_smbfrontsmall.jpg.7f08ce71f78d6402b8e5525f55c21a38.jpg

Cockpit interior (with that scope that allows him to focus his vision powers...

549272738_SMBcockpitsmall.jpg.6dd8479fe5f014a716a3123d93321b4d.jpg

Never heard of this thing...it’s certainly interesting. You did a great job capturing its likeness. The arms could be a bit more streamlined...maybe using snot bricks on the fuselage & the 1x2 with that click hinge connection to make them closer in like the “real” thing. 

Edited by Vindicare

When I get around to version 2 I definitely want to use snot bricks in the back... and I love your suggestion for the arms, thank you so much!