obijon

[MOC] MINI Imperial Arrestor Cruiser (Solo)

Hi again everyone

The Imperial Arrestor Cruiser first appeared in the Star Wars canon in the 2018 film Solo: A Star Wars Story, barely visible in an Imperial recruitment film.  However, in the script for Solo, the Millennium Falcon was at one point to be captured by a tractor beam ship, which was developed into the Arrestor Cruiser. However, this full appearance in the film was eventually cut but can be seen in a deleted scene where Han crashes his Tie Fighter.  A scene I wish they had kept in.

Colin Cantwell originally pitched the design of what would become the Imperial Arrestor Cruiser directly to George Lucas, for use in the 1977 movie Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, although it was ultimately discarded in favor of the Star Destroyer.

I built this model fairly quickly, again in between finishing other models.  It is a fairly simple design with the only complicated part the “nose”.  It needed to be slightly tapered and bricks would just not cut it.  I have attached this using clip tiles and handle plates to attach the side tiles.  I have also then used door rail plates to close the gap at the front.

Anyway, here is the model.

Jon

imperialarrestor1.jpegimperialarrestor2.jpegimperialarrestor3.jpegimperialarrestor4.jpegimperialarrestor5.jpegimperialarrestordisplay.jpeg

Great job! I like how you were able to get the nose dish spire as thin as you did and still have the tapered shape, especially at this scale.  It’s kind of a goofy looking ship, among the Imperial death triangles, but I like it and you did a great job capturing it. 

Cute design of a rather silly looking ship! I suppose 'radar dishes' were considered futuristic then. Like on the Falcon. Working on a small scale is fun.

16 hours ago, Retro said:

Cute design of a rather silly looking ship! I suppose 'radar dishes' were considered futuristic then. Like on the Falcon. Working on a small scale is fun.

That's no radar dish, it's a tractor beam projector. Makes it look even more like some 60s/70s plastic ray gun toy. I like it.

thanks guys.  It does look very 60s/70s.  They would never design anything like it now! ;-)