Digger of Bricks

[POLL] What's Your Favorite Action/Adventure Theme(s) of the 1990's?

BEST ACTION/ADVENTURE THEME(S) OF THE 1990'S?   

48 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite(s)?

• Aquazone (Aquanauts, Aquaraiders, Aquasharks, Hydronauts, Stingrays)
    • Adventurers (Desert and Jungle)
    • Rock Raiders
    • Time Cruisers/Time Twisters
    • None

So, what do you personally consider to be your favorite(s) and/or the best Action/Adventure Theme(s) of the 1990's? 

Share your thoughts and elaborations in both the poll and discussion topic here! :classic:

P.S. Also share your thoughts on your favorite Action/Adventure Themes of the 2000's and 2010's too!

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I picked Adventurers and Time Twisters. While exploring the 90s themes back in 2017, aside from Space, I find Adventurers & Time Cruisers/Twister very interesting. For Adventurers, I'm a sucker for some Egyptian and Aztec stuff! And again, the Time Cruisers is just very interesting with it sets and concept! :thumbup:

Adventurers and Aquazone. I discovered them both much later.

I find Egyptian-inspired sets (with some nice prints) and under-water world (with nice specialized pieces) quite stimulating for the imagination.

Adventurers is one best theme if you're not including the classic themes.

It was brilliant. The perfect mixture of exploration, villains, vehicles, architecture and culture.

Aquazone is for me second.

Time Cruisers and Rock Raiders are great as well, but not as great as Adventurers.

I think that Sea Sprint 9 was one of the last sets I bought at the time, so Aquazone it is for me. I think that this was actually a sort of repurposed space theme (Sea-Tron), so that kind of does it for the space fan in me. I also like the idea, the aesthetic, and the design of the sets. I wish I had owned 6195 (Neptune Discovery Lab/Aqua Dome 7) and a couple of others. 

Adventurers, hands-down:   I've always like the 1930's & 1940's pulp adventure stories, like Tom Swift & various stories by Edgar Rice Burroughs & things based on those sort of "Two-Fisted Tales", such as The Rocketeer & Indiana Jones, and it looked like the Adventurers were going to be the closest we'd ever get to an ACTUAL Indiana Jones theme at the time (I mean this series came out at least a year before the first Star Wars sets, which were the first licensed theme LEGO ever released), so I bought as many of those as I could afford:  I have the Bi-Wing Baron and the vehicle set (Treasure Raiders) that came with the mummy storage container (which I still have), and have three of my factions' armies based around torsos from the adventurers line.

I wish I could have afforded more of the desert sets when they were out, or been able to get the jungle sets (particularly the boat), but the Jungle line came out after I joined the Navy, and I (obviously) wouldn't have had the kind of space required to store a bunch of LEGO sets on board a US Navy ship, which is why I went into my second dark age (but this time I just put all my sets into storage until I got out & could start messing with LEGO stuff again, rather than giving everything away like I did when I was in high school).

6 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Is there a reason Alpha Team was left out of this poll?

It's instead a part of this poll, being a theme released in 2001 and all. :classic: